Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    People don't even read the OP... He puts clearly that to buy levels you'd need to have several max-level characters and an account with more than one year. Under those conditions, I see no problem.

You see, I have 5 level 90 characters (Paladin, hunter, priest, warrior and mage), and 4 more at various levels (shaman 40, Warlock 61, Death Knight locked at 80, Rogue at 52). Sometimes I want to try something different, but really, it's hard to redo all the leveling proccess again. I think I've done every quest in every zone save for the second part of Zul'Drak.

I don't see the problem if I for some reason decide to pay to get a character at 85. I've already experienced the game enough, and most content and activity happens at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    if you have to have a max level character in order to use the insta ding button, why should 85-90 not be skippable?

I would pay to skip 85-90 as just personally i find it the most tedious. =)
    Probably to make people learn a bit about their classes before hitting max level. 10 levels should at least make them learn the basic outline of the class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Id rather have to buy some boost like: "+10% exp per. lvl 90 you have"
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

For $20? Doubtful unless I was like putting a toon on a new server and didn't wan to transfer the one I have. For $10 or even $15 then hell f'n yes I would. Leveling for me is the most tedious, most worthless, most mind-numbingly boring thing in the game right now, and it's part of the reason I don't bother with alts at all. If I could get like the "level 85 template" that they have on the PTR (even if it had the same blue heroic gear + JC/Enchanting professions without being able to change it) I would have an alt of every class.

I wouldn't use it. Leveling helps you mastering a class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    For $20? Doubtful unless I was like putting a toon on a new server and didn't wan to transfer the one I have. For $10 or even $15 then hell f'n yes I would. Leveling for me is the most tedious, most worthless, most mind-numbingly boring thing in the game right now, and it's part of the reason I don't bother with alts at all. If I could get like the "level 85 template" that they have on the PTR (even if it had the same blue heroic gear + JC/Enchanting professions without being able to change it) I would have an alt of every class.
    20$ is just a number. i could have posted 10 or 15.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Leveling is where you learn the class and the abilities.
    What is dislike most about this, is that if level is supposed to be for "learning the abilities" why do we not get some of those abilities until we are 90? Not to mention, some abilities you use a lot at level 20 are replaced by abilities, or made redundant or less useful by abilities you get at 50 or 70 or 90. If we needed all those levels to "learn the class", shouldn't we get those abilities much, much earlier on?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerr View Post
    There really needs to be a sarcasm emote, or people will think you actually mean this.

The game is very different in outdated content. Everything dies too fast to get any sort of a decent rotation going. I've a character I'm fiddling through Outlands with right now, as well as another alt in Wrath, plus several sub-60 alts I occasionally spend some time on, so the vast majority of outdated content is just that - outdated and not actually intended to teach you much of anything about your class, rather it teaches you about the game and world instead. The assumption that the first (now 85) levels teach you how to play your class is ... while I hesitate to say it's completely wrong, I guess I'd say that they won't be nearly as useful to a veteran player as they would to a brand new player (which is moot, since this boost is only available to people who've already got 90s).

The game is tuned and scaled around the current expansion, so many of your abilities simply won't work the same once you break the threshold into the current expansion. A lot of what you've learned to rely on will behave differently and you'll have to "relearn" your class the same way we do when a new expansion launches.

Players who'll try out their new spells as they level rather than sticking to the same one or three spells, players who want to try everything out, want to explore, and are willing to do some research (from asking in General or Trade to Googling stuff) will probably attain some level of skill. Of course, it helps if the class you're on is compatible with your preferred play style - I cannot get into ANY of the Druid specs. They all seem neat and fun but when I play it, regardless of how well or badly I'm performing, I'm flat out BORED.

I dunno. I'd consider it, so long as it IS limited to accounts that have multiple 90s already. I'm pretty hesitant to spend money on luxuries, though, and this would qualify in my mind.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

15+ Year Old Account
    I have all 11 classes on 90, so for me not rly needed.

But i spended over 1000 euros to transfers/race/faction/name/account things.

I probably would make a char and use it, cant help myselfe doing so.

I wouldn't use it. I have leveled a lot of characters of the same class as characters I already had just to get used to playing that class again.

I have at least 11 level 90s already, I'd probably use it for other servers where I can't be arsed to level again - especially without BoAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerr View Post
    No it doesn't. Leveling teaches you nothing valuable. I've boosted half my alts to 80 and then proceeded to get them to 90 without breaking a sweat. At cheaper alternative then transfering my alts to a new server by paying for an instant 80 would be really good.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

I leveled 4 toons to 80 (2 sets of 2) through recruit a friend right before mop and used the grant level system to auto level a monk to 80 as soon as I got him out of the starting zone. Finished leveling him to 90 in the next few days and mained him as tank (arguably the hardest tank to master) through MSV HoF and ToES, including some heroic modes. It is possible to be good at a class without leveling them all the way through 90.

Not saying I'm for paid auto leveling, but there is not much of a chance that I would have leveled a monk all the way up without at least using recruit a friend. I hate leveling.
    Last edited by dkdk; 2013-11-01 at 01:52 PM.

Deleted
    A lot of people are saying that an inst-ding button would stop people learning their class but this is no different from:

Mage: levelling as Frost, changing to Fire @ lvl 90
    Paladin: Levelling as retri, changing to tank/healer @ lvl 90
    DK: Levelling as unholy, tanking @ 90
    Druid: Levelling as kitty, healing at 90............

I could go on with most classes. The levelling build will not necessarily be the build at max level. So in this case inst-ding would be fine if paid for (as long as you had some lvl 90's already)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sonof View Post
    A lot of people are saying that an inst-ding button would stop people learning their class but this is no different from:

Mage: levelling as Frost, changing to Fire @ lvl 90
    Paladin: Levelling as retri, changing to tank/healer @ lvl 90
    DK: Levelling as unholy, tanking @ 90
    Druid: Levelling as kitty, healing at 90............

I could go on with most classes.
    An interesting point of view. I agree with you when you say dual spec and indeed spec change at all should be removed from the game to help people learn their class properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    An interesting point of view. I agree with you when you say dual spec and indeed spec change at all should be removed from the game to help people learn their class properly.
    He... didn't say that.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I'd support paid levelling, on ONE condition:
    - If you pay for one or more levels, that toon will NEVER be able to group up with other players, enter instances or read/write in chats...
    That's pointless.

Wouldn't pay for it myself, granted though I consider level fairly easy anyway.

I started a monk a while back and finally got to play him a bit. Granted monks do have that nice daily XP bonus but I've only got like 6-10 hours played on him and am already at level 37, and that's with a lot of goofing off, and leveling gathering professions.

As for other people using it, I guess that would be fine, though they would need to meet the same bar that other people meet, or they get a vote to kick.

If they complain just say "If you are going to buy something, make sure you know how to use it first."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    He... didn't say that.
    The point I was making was:
    "The levelling build will not necessarily be the build at max level"

Most people on this thread are saying that they disagree with this as people don't learn their class. Most of my characters I played at max level in a different spec to levelling so I had to re-learn these at max level, hence the levelling process taught me very little except how to quest and find/kill stuff.

Just my 0.01p.