Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If there is an "insta ding" button, I want it to be an achievement on the player's account.

So I could point to myself and say "See? Never used it."
    This is extremely pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    There really needs to be a sarcasm emote, or people will think you actually mean this.
    Sarcasm and confusion are such sweet things.

Laziness at its finest. I can't wait to hear more suggestions like this one.
    Maybe while you are at it, you can ask for a pay for epics or pay for legendaries button while you are at it? Cause that would be totally sweet too!

Sorry, as someone with 10 alts as well I'm not tired of playing this game or leveling alts yet. It's too bad the lazy casuals don't feel the same way and have expectations that they shouldn't have to work for anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m777 View Post
    no waste of game resources if u dont like leveling maybe you should play something other then RPGS
    this hands down - you want an instant ding button? - play a game where u dont have to level but dont complain about leveling in wow....
    leveling is so fast these days even WITHOUT hairloom...

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    My thoughts are what is the point of paying for the games if you're not even gonna play it. Yes I know leveling is pointless at this point but come on. As I posted in a previous thread, I too enjoy paying to not play the game I pay for.
    But for many people the fun comes at endgame and not the tedious leveling process.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    this hands down - you want an instant ding button? - play a game where u dont have to level but dont complain about leveling in wow....
    leveling is so fast these days even WITHOUT hairloom...
    Yes because leveling is so much funn. especially after you have done it so many times. the same boring quests etc etc. /sarcasm off.

I wouldn't mind for one if a buton like this would be placed in game.
    However I do have to agree that it kills the ability to play a certain character on a proper level perhaps.

Anyway I would be happy as I have so many character I would actually like to play a bit more just ca to level yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Don't be fooled, this would sell like hotcakes.

If anything, folks would complain that the qualifications are too stringent.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2013-11-01 at 02:59 PM.

It's a bad idea for the game in general. It's great for a quick buck though. I do expect something like this to show up in the cash shop eventually, I just hope it's years from now.

if u put instant ding button u hammer down the final nail in killing the WORLD nobody go outside SW/ORG anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It's a bad idea for the game in general. It's great for a quick buck though. I do expect something like this to show up in the cash shop eventually, I just hope it's years from now.
    How is it bad for the game? Please elaborate.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

10+ Year Old Account
    leveling is fun,
    why would anyone pay to avoid doing the fun part of the game?

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by hanketsu View Post
    Laziness at its finest. I can't wait to hear more suggestions like this one.
    Maybe while you are at it, you can ask for a pay for epics or pay for legendaries button while you are at it? Cause that would be totally sweet too!

Sorry, as someone with 10 alts as well I'm not tired of playing this game or leveling alts yet. It's too bad the lazy casuals don't feel the same way and have expectations that they shouldn't have to work for anything.
    Some people don't want to play enough to level 10 alts. I raided HC content up until my guild fell apart and I quit playing the game to any real extent a month or so ago. I enjoyed raiding but there was no chance I was going to level another toon. I don't find it fun and its literally but a time sink. I have better things to do with my life than do the same quests and the same dungeons over again on another toon.

I'd much rather play GTAV, Hearthstone or really anything than level again. I'm not saying that people that like leveling are wrong, I just don't have the time for it. The chances of me trying out another class if that meant I was going to have to level it to 90 before really getting to try it, meant I would never try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerr View Post
    Sarcasm and confusion are such sweet things.
    and when Lucy turned around it wasn't there any more.

We're just posting nonsense now right?

Quote Originally Posted by sonof View Post
    Most of my characters I played at max level in a different spec to levelling so I had to re-learn these at max level, hence the levelling process taught me very little except how to quest and find/kill stuff.
    That's exactly what people seem to be missing, there's nothing that happens while leveling that lets you know if what you're doing it right or wrong, which secondary stats you need or even a vague hint as to how you should be playing.

I'm currently leveling a warlock because I'm bored, my pet tanks and I cast life tap, that's it, because of the heirlooms stuff dies quick even though I know (because I've read outside of the game) that's wrong.

I should be using dots and other spells (which helpfully appeared on my bar, but that's as far as it went) so maybe stuff will die a little quick and I'd be doing it "right" there's nothing telling me I'm doing it wrong now.

So what am I learning exactly about my class from levelling?

Levelling is almost trivial now anyway, why not go the whole way so long as it's not your first toon (and some other caveats) for a price?
    Last edited by mmocd3e258d247; 2013-11-01 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    leveling is fun,
    why would anyone pay to avoid doing the fun part of the game?
    Because for most people, it would seem leveling isn't fun.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    and when Lucy turned around it wasn't there any more.

We're just posting nonsense now right?
    Yea we are. But it's friday.

I'd agree there should be some restrictions like you say

but at the same time I'm like meh it is a mmo game, really, I know they said they dont want people stuck in old content levels for long, but you should take a steady pace I find when leveling,

and like a guy mentioned, well probably more than one, it doesn't matter how many toons you've level'd if your levelling as a new spec say, pally tank and you've never done that before, and you skip to 90 (next expac pov) then your really not going to have a clue about abilities, granted some people would read up and learn but the majority would just go straight into heroics / lfr

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a fast-track to leveling based on the mechanism of Proving grounds would be more acceptable

You have option to play a series of 9 encounters equivalent to the difficulty of Proving Grounds-Gold, at level 1, 10, 20, 30... etc.
    each time you finish the encounter, you get a 10-level ding as your reward.
    gear is scaled to match the encounter and it cannot be over-geared. skill and skill alone is the only way to proceed.

if you can't hack it, put on heirlooms and run LFD like everyone else. it ionly takes 3~5 days to level fron 1 to 85 anyway. and another 3~5 from 85~90

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by m777 View Post
    no waste of game resources if u dont like leveling maybe you should play something other then RPGS
    Perhaps make leveling rewarding then and not just some 2 day grindfest like it is now? Even if you don't grab BoAs, you're still going to finish each zone in 2 hours and eventually outlevel your zones before they're done. Once you start getting loot and get out of your greys/whites, leveling is just fucking pointless. If they let me pay £10 for a 90, fuck yes I would. I already have 8 of them and I have plans for 2 more since I need more Inscription and Alchemy toons in preparation for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I'd support paid levelling, on ONE condition:
    - If you pay for one or more levels, that toon will NEVER be able to group up with other players, enter instances or read/write in chats...
    Would completely negate the purpose of it. You do realise how trivial leveling is? I've been playing since Vanilla and each expansion has slowly made it easier to the point where it's just one of those things you have to do because there's no other way around it. I could go and buy a 90 on a fresh account and be raid ready in a day, flex ready in a week and normal ready the week after with a bit of luck. I'd read up on whatever it is I'm not sure of and then play properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If there is an "insta ding" button, I want it to be an achievement on the player's account.

So I could point to myself and say "See? Never used it."

And if I got in an LFR where, say, both tanks and 4/5 healers used it, I would just drop out and do pet battles rather than run with people who very well might not know their class and spec. (They might, but I wouldn't risk it)
    And then I'd link my Server First achievements and say "Leveling is pointless. I can learn any class at 90 within an hour because I'm not a clueless fucktard and I've been playing MMOs for a decade". Considering how dumbed down each class is now, I'd say an hour's generous.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a person who only has one max level for the sake of simplicity: no.

No way. If you don't like playing from 1-90, maybe WoW isn't the game for you.

I do believe that Blizzard needs spice up that experience for players who have multiple characters. Aside from the different race-specific starting areas and questlines, you pretty much do the exact same quests again all the way to 90, and it gets old by the time you're on your 3rd character and up. I really feel like the class-specific quests that get you things like new abilities (and quests that make you prove you know how to effectively use said abilities) need to come back. That'd help a lot.