Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Where the hell are people getting Time Travel from? So far the title only suggests a return to the most boring place in all of WoW. Thankfully things like dailys and LFR exist because BC was about as dull as an expansion as you can get. Christ more of that is actually making me consider unsubbing for the first time ever -_-

I FUCKING HATED BC. I STILL FUCKING HATE BC.

It wasn't great, it was an awful experiment in what doesn't work. Gated content, annoying rep grinds, terrible itemization yaaaay. Boring demons, legions of blood elves, npcs I could give two shits about, yaaaay. Every time I level up a new toon I fucking celebrate when I hit 68 so I don't have to go back to that shithole expansion again.

Spoken like a player that joined in wrath. BC had standards. If you did not meet those standards you did not progress.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    No they weren't. Altruis claimed to have come to Outland WITH Illidan.

These guys never set foot in Outland:
    http://wowpedia.org/Loramus_Thalipedes
    http://wowpedia.org/Feronas_Sindweller
    Yet again, all AFTER the events of Draenor.

I don't know why I have to keep repeating this, there are NO Demon Hunters on Draenor, they came 20 years after the Dark Portal opening to Outland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    No, only a chapter was closed.

I see paradox after paradox /joy -_-
    I mean thinking about it some more The Emreald Dream could even change if we alter the time line in travel. From my understanding of the Emerald Dream (people can correct me if I am wrong and I would appreciate it) its a different plane, and its also how Druids shapeshift. In the nightmare aspect of it the elements change because of Yezra's nightmares. The ED could be corrected by going back in time yes, and yes it would be another paradox but if that were the case how does it associate with the title?

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    Spoken like a player that joined in wrath. BC had standards. If you did not meet those standards you did not progress.
    What would those standards be? Collected 30,000 coilfang armaments, turned in 50,000 marks of sargeras, and 12,000 Zaxxis insignias = skilled player gets to progress, due to pressing their "1" key more than anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Yet again, all AFTER the events of Draenor.
    No. Flat out, WRONG. Loramus was a quest giver in vanilla.
    I don't know why I have to keep repeating this, there are NO Demon Hunters on Draenor, they came 20 years after the Dark Portal opening to Outland.
    Not the point I was arguing. Illidan was not the only demon hunter. There were more.

Going out on a leap and saying we won't get a new class, but the traditional 2 races instead, just judging from every 2nd expansion being a class expansion. Ogres make more sense than ever now. For Alliance, High Elves are very possible, unless Blizzard feels like they want something more unique and different, in which case there's a big arsenal of Outland/Draenor races, like Arakkoas and Ethereals. If Worgens can join them, then they can too.

If we're going back in time and that Chinese leak is speaking the truth, I could see one of the raids being us having to take down Warchief Blackhand in one of the first tier raids. Gul'dan could be more of a quest kind of guy, since he didn't really have a stationary place to call a raid, and we could go off being his pawn along with Gorefiend and Cho'gall. Then we of course have some obligatory Demon stuff, and Kazzak likely returning as a world boss. Deathwing would also return, and we'll probably see him throw a fit at Gruul. hopefully he'd be done right this time, though I doubt he'd be a boss.

There's a lot of potential with this expansion, and I hope it turns out true. Btw, excuse me if I made a mistake with some lore inconsistency while talking about this, could very well happen.

Where the hell are people getting Time Travel from? So far the title only suggests a return to the most boring place in all of WoW. Thankfully things like dailys and LFR exist because BC was about as dull as an expansion as you can get. Christ more of that is actually making me consider unsubbing for the first time ever -_-

It wasn't great, it was an awful experiment in what doesn't work. Gated content, annoying rep grinds, terrible itemization yaaaay. Boring demons, legions of blood elves, npcs I could give two shits about, yaaaay. Every time I level up a new toon I fucking celebrate when I hit 68 so I don't have to go back to that shithole expansion again.
    You know Draenor is an entire planet just like Azeroth ? What makes you think that an expansion with "Draenor" will be in any way similair to BC? It's very possible it wont use the same zones as BC (i'll be very suprised if there aren't new zones after the disaster that was Cata).... The game has moved on and so I doubt they are going to take the game back to BC design philosophy....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    Try again, Chester. Been here since beta. BC sucked, get over it.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. If that's the case, then it's probably fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Geheimnis View Post
    • The upcoming expansion is called Warlords of Draenor and will feature Grom as the antagonist, although for legal issues he will be refered to as Grommash. This expansion will see the heavy use of time travel.
    Why would there be "legal issues" if Blizzard uses one of their own characters from the WoW Universe?

Deleted
    I think "Warlords of Draenor" is the name of Warcraft 4.

You sound like you were probably one of those guys that never got into a group because you were undergeared, no keys, and no attunements. BC was the expansion were you actually had to put in work

Deleted
    TBC wasn't challenging just ridiculously time consuming

Illidan was right, we wasn't prepared for the grind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    LOL, you haven't played TBC, right? Heroics were hard at the start yeah, but after we got some gear they were as easy as they are now.
    No they weren't. You could be running in full epic gear and still have a hard time with some - if not most - heroics.

Deleted
    No. Flat out, WRONG. Loramus was a quest giver in vanilla.
    /sigh

AFTER the events of Draenor. We are talking about Draenor and travelling back in time to Draenor. There are no Demon Hunters on Draenor.

Not the point I was arguing. Illidan was not the only demon hunter. There were more.
    The only point here is that if we are travelling back in time to Draenor, then Demon Hunters have nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperfly View Post
    You sound like you were probably one of those guys that never got into a group because you were undergeared, no keys, and no attunements. BC was the expansion were you actually had to put in work
    And now most of the long term WoW players have jobs. So we don't like to work outside of work and will stop playing the game as soon as it starts feeling like a second job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    What would those standards be? Collected 30,000 coilfang armaments, turned in 50,000 marks of sargeras, and 12,000 Zaxxis insignias = skilled player gets to progress, due to pressing their "1" key more than anybody else.
    How about the click and win game it is now? Timeless isle, Barrens, Lfr. How about the wipe till we get deter stacks in Lfr so we can kill it while carrying 40k dps.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Fantastic! I am really excited about this one! If it's anything like BC it'll be awesome. Deny all you want, but BC/WotLK was the golden age of WoW.

Now if they just separate that 10/25 lock....

I am an unbeliever. Why? the main site states that the name was registered one month ago, that guy who posted it yesterday could've found out and jot down his half complete idea of what it's going to be, or... a conspiracy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    You know Draenor is an entire planet just like Azeroth ? What makes you think that an expansion with "Draenor" will be in any way similair to BC? It's very possible it wont use the same zones as BC (i'll be very suprised if there aren't new zones after the disaster that was Cata).... The game has moved on and so I doubt they are going to take the game back to BC design philosophy....
    Just the very thought though... bugs me to no end. All I remember from BC was endless hours of waiting for groups to do the worst rep grinds ever, the sickening guild drama of flagged players hopping around. The whole experience was awful. I'm glad they learned from, just wish to high hell they'd bury it deep and never go back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    Why would there be "legal issues" if Blizzard uses one of their own characters from the WoW Universe?
    Well, could be movie related. Marvel can't use "mutant" on his own Agents of SHIELD series because FOX has the "X-Men" and "mutant" rights.

Of course, this is just a speculation on a rumor.