Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh, man, I hope this doesn't mean we are to go back in time for the whole expansion or something. Maybe Outland will be fixed by some leet magix?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Since we're now sure that there is no Dark/Deep Below, or whatever, and our expansion is clearly Warlords of Draenor: What do you think?

It's a Burning Legion expansion after all!
    Revamp of Outland, Timewalker class that ties in with us re-making Outland.

10+ Year Old Account
    CATA V2 in coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    actually you are wrong WOTLK had their own domain that linked back, BC had a preview site and after so long all sites merged back into the main one. Cataclysm did to it redirected to world of warcraft and same for mists. However Mists no longer links back, but it used to. Warlords of Dranor will too.
    Mists doesn't have a domain, Reaper of Souls doesn't have a domain, Hearthstone doesn't have a domain. They're all extensions of battle.net nowadays. No reason Warlords of Draenor would be any different. Doesn't add up. If anything, the domain name being registered is evidence against this being legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Mists doesn't have a domain, Reaper of Souls doesn't have a domain, Hearthstone doesn't have a domain. They're all extensions of battle.net nowadays. No reason Warlords of Draenor would be any different. Doesn't add up. If anything, the domain name being registered is evidence against this being legitimate.
    actually... the mists domain is for sale but exists.
    blizzardallstars.com
    heroesofthestorm.com etc are all registered anonymously but unused.

Presumably Blizzard is registering the domains ahead of the actual releases of the products in order to prevent fake "beta key" phishing scammers from registering the domains.

Can you imagine how much shit would hit the fan if somebody were to have registered mistsofpandaria.com and used it for a beta key phishing scam?

EDIT:
    For 10 dollars they can protect the credibility of a product that is set to make them millions of dollars, simply by registering such domains, whether or not they plan to use them, It would be completely 100% stupid for them to not do so.

I posted this in another thread, but I find the idea amusing so I'm going to mention it here:

How surprised would you be if (assuming this is the expansion) the title is a reference to the Eredar, and Blizzard just plain forgot that Draenor is Outland, and not the Draenei's original homeworld? Keep in mind that this is the company that has retconned things simply because the head writer forgot the original story, and needs fans to remind them which characters are alive and which are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the guy with the personal sources that we all know he has verifying and putting it on his front page is just having his chain pulled? The guy that has gotten every single expansion right?

The thing that convinces me is the way Boubouille put it. Kinda like 'look, trust me, this is it. You'll know more at blizzcon'. The way it phrased tells me that Boubouille has a source confirming it's accuracy, and Boubouille is reputable enough and has sources solid enough that I find the name very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    The thing that convinces me is the way Boubouille put it. Kinda like 'look, trust me, this is it. You'll know more at blizzcon'. The way it phrased tells me that Boubouille has a source confirming it's accuracy, and Boubouille is reputable enough and has sources solid enough that I find the name very likely.
    Boub's confidence is the only thing that gives me pause. Otherwise I'd outright dismiss this like I did The Dark Below. Still, my point remains: This doesn't quite add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    So the guy with the personal sources that we all know he has verifying and putting it on his front page is just having his chain pulled? The guy that has gotten every single expansion right?
    Are we talking about the same guy who put The Dark Below on his front page?
    Last edited by Soulless Cynic; 2013-11-01 at 11:39 PM.

Boub's confidence is the only thing that gives me pause. Otherwise I'd outright dismiss this like I did The Dark Below. Still, my point remains: This doesn't quite add up.
    They should totally rename the raid finder wipe buff to "Boubouille's Confidence".

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    They should totally rename the raid finder wipe buff to "Boubouille's Confidence".
    I'd totally stay if it had the flavor text "Come on, champ. I'm sure this raid will kill this boss. Eventually."

When it reaches 10 stacks players gain the ability "Corgi's Unleashed" which is a spammable extra action button that summons a corgi to attack the target, forever.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why people keep clinging to an Emerald Dream expansion, considering it's gone the exact way of the Dance Studio but for far much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakashima View Post
    I wonder why people keep clinging to an Emerald Dream expansion, considering it's gone the exact way of the Dance Studio but for far much longer.
    I still believe in the dance studio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the Iron Horde involved? (I don't think it's a graphic design tool anymore)

Great! Can't wait to level in Hellfire Peninsula for the 15th time

/roll eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Little can be said from title of expansion alone. I don't want to trust whatever leaks we had up to this time for WoD, because I am not really excited about having another orc as main antagonist, and time-travel doesn't sound much appealing too.

From major antagonists we have:
    1. Ner'zhul.
    2. Azshara.
    3. Chromatus.
    4. Sargeras.
    5. Old Gods.

I would have nothing against Guldan as antagonist (if we really have to have orc as antagonist), at least he still gives signs that he isn't really dead, and he fits Burning Legion theme quite well. And he has pretty solid background as antagonist. But Grom?

We just need to wait for Blizzcon to see for ourselves.
    I still think Gul'dan is the Hermit orc in Warcraft 3, the one that told the tales of the orcs that went into Sargaras's temple.

Drak'Thul is a warlock, who served Gul'dan, and just so happens to know everything that Gul'dan did up until his "death". But yet, when Illidan went there years later, there was no corpse and only markings on the wall.
    Last edited by Aerisot; 2013-11-02 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Sounds fricken awesome.

The burning legion will be a major focus if we go back to Draenor
    I doubt anything to do with the bl, probably focus more on the conflict between orc v draeni.

Like I said, I just hope it doesn't involve time-travel.

In any case, personally, I *LOVE* Outland, or at least many parts of it. I like the high-fantasy setting, Nagrand is still the coolest area in the game, and the whole expansion just had some very cool concepts. I feel like there really needs to be a good story-hook, though; personally, I'm hoping to see Illidan return, and while I don't know how you could write it without seeming silly, I genuinely think Blizzard *needs* to bring Arthas back, somehow. The franchise has suffered tremendously since he was killed, and his death was fairly underwhelming to begin with.

I suppose that's the only up-side to having a time-travel story, is it could provide one opportunity to bring Arthas back from the dead (altering the course of his life, perhaps him rejecting Ner'zhul at the very moment he shattered his prison in Icecrown?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Mists did have a domain and it redirected to the battle net website, same for cataclysm, wrath and bc. The other games might not have a domain name however the website is still registered by the same firm who does the trademarks for Blizzard and registers ALL their websites in the past.