Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Many undead Paladin's exist in game.

Lord Zeliek in Nax being the most notable.

Kara also has a few.

On numerous occasions i've seen ghosts/ spirits casting holy spells.

Although the light 'burns' the undead who wield it, that doesn't mean it's not possible, it just adds interesting back story to the character.

Undead being 'burned' by the light is like self mutilation for a greater cause, which is a practice in some religion, with "the light" being some-what a religion in game, it seems fitting.

What's more bad ass then a Paladin whose faith was so strong in life, that even in death he is able to call upon it, and even though it harms himself, he still chooses to wield it. That's real devotion. That's amazing background lore for a Paladin faction within the Forsaken ranks.

...Bolvar is an undead paladin. #dealwithit

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmo View Post
    And yet forsaken can be healed by shamanism, druidism, (the monk equivalent), and the light (races other than forsaken to boot).
    And yet there has been at least 1 notable Undead Paladin.
    I'm afraid that's just game mechanics at work. I don't think nature magic or the light has the ability to anything other than hurt the undead.

slime

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    While I would love to be able to play ANY race/class combo, I already don't like not being able to tell what class someone is simply by looking at their race. I am Burnt, and I support Racial Profiling.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    There may not be DK's anymore if we go back and change the time line. The Lich King may not ever come to pass.
    There are 2 timelines. Timeline A (ALREADY HAPPENED). TIMELINE B (ALREADY HAPPENED BUT WILL NOT AFFECT TIMELINE A BECAUSE TIMELINE B IS NOT ON TIMELINE A.

So I hope to god you are a troll, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Bolvar isn't undead, unless becoming the lich king technically kills you.

slime

Many undead Paladin's exist in game.

Lord Zeliek in Nax being the most notable.

Kara also has a few.

On numerous occasions i've seen ghosts/ spirits casting holy spells.

Although the light 'burns' the undead who wield it, that doesn't mean it's not possible, it just adds interesting back story to the character.

Undead being 'burned' by the light is like self mutilation for a greater cause, which is a practice in some religion, with "the light" being some-what a religion in game, it seems fitting.

What's more bad ass then a Paladin whose faith was so strong in life, that even in death he is able to call upon it, and even though it harms himself, he still chooses to wield it. That's real devotion. That's amazing background lore for a Paladin faction within the Forsaken ranks.

ONLY 1 UNDEAD PALADIN EXISTS! as stated by blizzard, the rest are warriors using some shadow magic.

Quote Originally Posted by alexday14 View Post
    I'm afraid that's just game mechanics at work. I don't think nature magic or the light has the ability to anything other than hurt the undead.
    There's a blue post about this (sorta), and no I don't have, but i'm sure someone else will post it, but any way... it stated that although Forsaken in raids are healed by Holy Paladin's and Priests, it does heal the damage, but causes that forsaken player great agony.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    ONLY 1 UNDEAD PALADIN EXISTS! as stated by blizzard, the rest are warriors using some shadow magic.
    Lies, until source is provided.

There's a blue post about this (sorta), and no I don't have, but i'm sure someone else will post it, but any way... it stated that although Forsaken in raids are healed by Holy Paladin's and Priests, it does heal the damage, but causes that forsaken player great agony.
    It's already posted, just before your last post actually.

Deleted
    No. Class unlocks like NE mages + tauren paladins were a stupid idea and went completely against lore. Really don't need more of that.

Blood elf druids PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    No. Class unlocks like NE mages + tauren paladins were a stupid idea and went completely against lore. Really don't need more of that.
    Eugh... :I

slime

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    ^ Exactly what this guy is saying.

Lore doesn't approve gnome druid(sorry guys, no little animals), and many other class/race combinations.
    ~~~~~~~~critters? xD lawls

Lore evolves, Lore changes, Lore is retconed.

How is lore even an argument?

Coughnelfmagescough coughtaurenpallycough

Lore doesn't stop Blizzard/ Metzen/ GC from doing what they want to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexday14 View Post
    Bolvar isn't undead, unless becoming the lich king technically kills you.
    um, I'm 99% sure he's dead, the Lich King was trying to corrupt him.

tauren rogu eploz

What is lore.
    Blizzy dont change me.
    Dont change me. No more.
    Blizzy dont change me.
    Dont change me. No more.

15+ Year Old Account
    New class race combos I support, my reasoning, and suggestions for implementation:

Night Elf Warlock
    Night elves are not immune to demonic corruption: the Highborne, satyrs, and Demon Hunters all court infernal powers. With the return of the Shen'drelar and the reintroduction of magic to night elf society, more options for corruption present themselves. Implementation would be simple: class trainers would be outsiders and outcasts, located only on the periphery of night elf encampments. Zenn Foulhoof, for example, could be turned into a class trainer in Teldrassil. An enclave of demon hunters on the outskirts of Darnassus could offer talent and respec options. The Ghost in the Dark achievement and questline could be used as a springboard to introduce a new warlock class trainer to Darkshore.

Gnome Paladin
    There's really no need to explain this. Gnomes have been living amongst humans and dwarves for long enough that at least a handful of gnome Paladins should exist.

Draenei Druid
    There were a handful of Lost One druids in Outland, and with the chance to visit a pre-destruction Draenor comes the opportunity to explore parts of draenei culture that may have been lost. For example, if Draenor had its own Ancients (of which Anzu could be one), then the possibility of the draenei having a sect of nature-attuned Druids that were exterminated by the orcs could be really interesting. Implementation could involve a couple survivors of the sect, perhaps Broken, being incorporated into the draenei lowbie zones, with further story exploration through quests on Draenor. However, perhaps the best reason for draenei Druids is that their unique physiology would allow for really interesting shapeshift designs.

Draenei Warlock
    From a design and lore standpoint, the ability to play a draenei that has fallen to demonic corruption is extremely appealing, and certainly not unprecidented (see: the entire Eredar race). There were also draenei among the Twilight Cult, indicating that draenei can be swayed to the dark side. The difficulty is in implementing class trainers and introductory quests, though there are certainly ways to do it right and make it interesting; what if, for example, the initial warlock class trainer were a captured blood elf warlock, with quest dialogue focused around turning you to the dark side and preaching the virtues of the Burning Legion? That's just one idea.

Troll Paladin
    I'm actually not a fan of this one, because I really don't think Paladin fits the troll kit, but there is precident thanks to the Zandalari Freethinkers. Implementation would be as simple as introducing the concept of a few Freethinkers existing amongst the Darkspear.

Forsaken Paladin
    I am a big fan of this combination, because the Paladin kit and the Forsaken kit mesh extremely well, both thematically and visually. There is also some precident for undead paladins retaining a connection to the Light, despite the pain it causes them. My desired implementation would involve a new Order of undead paladins which would embrace zealotry and mortification of the flesh, embracing the pain caused by wielding Light as a method of penance and baptism by fire; Sir Zeliek would make for an excellent leader now that the Lich King has been defeated.

Blood Elf Druid
    Would be a piece of cake to implement if they hadn't retconned the old lore for the Runestones protecting Quel'thalas, which were originally said to be the work of high elf Druids back in WC3, I believe it was. Still, they're descendants of the night elves so they have some Druidic roots, and eventually the blood elves will need to try and regrow the Dead Scar. Druids also now have overt connections to the sun through the balance tree, which would be a neat thing to focus on a bit. On a personal note, I also like the idea that blood elves would be the type to manipulate nature and bend it to their will; they wouldn't just regrow the forest, they'd shape it so the trees are aesthetically pleasing. Oh, and then there's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXMTHae0uVc
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-11-12 at 04:20 AM.

No. Leave this alone.

Draenei Warlock
    From a design and lore standpoint, the ability to play a draenei that has fallen to demonic corruption is extremely appealing, and certainly not unprecidented (see: the entire Eredar race). There were also draenei among the Twilight Cult, indicating that draenei can be swayed to the dark side. The difficulty is in implementing class trainers and introductory quests, though there are certainly ways to do it right and make it interesting; what if, for example, the initial warlock class trainer were a captured blood elf warlock, with quest dialogue focused around turning you to the dark side and preaching the virtues of the Burning Legion? That's just one idea.
    We saw what happens when draenei become warlocks in BC; they become corrupted, join the Legion, and physically mutate. They aren't draenei anymore at that point.

Usually I'd say no but OP is right, they stretch the lore out far enough as it is. They can always come up with some bs about gnomes getting trained to be one with nature or some other stuff.
    Forsaken training to withhold the light within etc ...

I don't feel like we should have limitless possibilities in race/class combos because that just kills the lore. And BSing the lore to make it all fit will cause a huge backlash with the lore-junkies (myself included). Lore means a lot.

The only ones I can see being possible are:

Human Druids
    Dwarf Druids
    Night elf Paladins
    Gnome Hunters
    Orc Druids (arguable)
    Undead Paladins
    Blood elf Druids