Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Its pretty hard for "someday" to be taken literally when we don't know when "someday" is. It could be years from now, or it could be this upcoming expansion.

That's the flaw in your reasoning.
    'Someday' in context means it hasn't happened yet. The quote literally says nobody has developed a workable idea for a tinker class yet. A precise time for 'someday' isn't needed to make the point, because it doesn't make any difference if they do it next week or in 20 years, it still means they don't have a tinker class ready to go now, and it would need to be ready long before this if it were to appear in the new xpac. It's pretty easy to understand.

The date on the comment shows that there was no workable tinker class yet only about a month ago. Again I ask you if you think it is realistic that they'll insert a new class that they've developed from scratch into the xpac during the last month of the development cycle? Does that really sound like the way Blizzard pre-plans things to you? Is there anything in the quote you're relying on that suggests that at all? Because that's the only way your argument could make sense.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-11-02 at 11:33 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Note: This is purely speculation.

Again, this could mean absolutely nothing. However IF the next Xpac is Warlords of Draenor, AND it deals with time travel, that's a very interesting tweet from GC that could be possibly a clue as to what to expect in the next expansion.

Thoughts?
    He said "Tinkers" would be acceptable if done right, he suggested Steampunk as a possible theme for the class and there is a Steampunk group, one with no connection to any known/current Blizzard game, attending Blizzcon. As a class, its one of the major concepts left unexplored despite the relatively major impact of tech on the game setting.

Draw your own conclusion.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-11-03 at 02:41 AM.

I don't think we'll get this next x-pac maybe the one afther. they have made too many statements like that to tell me not this one but maybe one afther.
    Though, something interesting: after the ending with garrosh. When you talk to the gnome leader he says there is lots of neat goblin tech there that they are gonna reserch and grab as much as possible. I thought this was interesting.
    (pardon my english, it's bad sometimes)

Quote Originally Posted by Gamelol View Post
    I don't think we'll get this next x-pac maybe the one afther. they have made too many statements like that to tell me not this one but maybe one afther.
    Though, something interesting: after the ending with garrosh. When you talk to the gnome leader he says there is lots of neat goblin tech there that they are gonna reserch and grab as much as possible. I thought this was interesting.
    (pardon my english, it's bad sometimes)
    Seigecrafter Blackfuse also says that his legacy will live on.

If they are going to add another class to the game tinker is THE right choice. There is so much design potential that words cant even describe, and while i know a lot ppl would prefer running around on their bare-chest-glaive-vielding demon huntards... well not only dk just lack ability to "fit" into the world but also just consider this... all (2) new classes that blizz added were melee with one monk spec being healer (but still partialy melee...) tinkers would make great i dont know... ranged dps that could use ranged weapons but also utilise int plate as well as mail armor.

Yeah, there is of course a way to design dh... but i feel like it would be totally out of ass skill pill up- more so than monks were, and monks still have had some basic functionality "invented" long ago while dh's only few known abilities are allready used by other classes/specs- sure you still can thing of some new or even remove some of these allready existing and bring them "back" to dk, but its still far too less "content" to make a whole class out of it.

And yet at the end of the day, dk would end up being bare-check-glaive-running illidan wannabies, nothing more.

If anything dk COULD become 4th lock spec so that whole "demon" themed package stay around one class
    paladins could use ranged dps spec
    monks that saame- chi'ji themed spec
    shamans earth element tank spec
    eeeeeventuallly rogues tanking 2h wep spec (think of samourai or master yi from lol) or ranged wep utilising spec but thats till heavy unlikely

but i dont think all classes need to have 4th spec, only where it fits the most

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Seigecrafter Blackfuse also says that his legacy will live on.
    Straws. Keep grasping.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    OP - stop making these tinker threads every day. They've clearly stated no. Get over it.
    Sadly he wont

The mods should just ban him

OT: No tinkers will not be the next class

Deleted
    TBC: race added
    WOTLK: class added
    Cata: Race added
    MoP: class added

Warlords of draenor: most likely race IF following same pattern. No new class. I dont even want a new class yet?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stinalicious View Post
    TBC: race added
    WOTLK: class added
    Cata: Race added
    MoP: class added

Warlords of draenor: most likely race IF following same pattern. No new class. I dont even want a new class yet?!
    MoP added a race and a class...kinda already broke the pattern.

Imo if the new xpac is time travel related, Steampunk-ish Chronomancer would both be tinker-like, suited to mail armor, and oh so very awesome. I would resub to play one in a heartbeat... less so for a demon hunter, sorry. (I still refuse to level my warlock, its evil.)

The first thing you have to ask yourself is; "What playstyle archetype is missing from WoW?". With 11 current classes, I can't say there is, or will ever be another one.

It's theme is really irrelevant. Mages could have been Engineers, where instead of shooting a frostbolt you shoot a bullet. the playstyle archtype here is that you're shooting a projectile that costs mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    MoP added a race and a class...kinda already broke the pattern.
    The prominent characters that would be in WoD would be Orcs, Humans and Draenei and we already have them.

Update: unless we get one as a surprise new feature - one we know as unannounced?
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to close this since the thread was put up before WoD was even announced and nothing about the OP came true. So it's largely irrelevant.

There are plenty of other threads that are more current about future additional classes for World of Warcraft so please post in one of those.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."