Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Can we have one new race thread about actual new races please? Always with the elves...
    It's one of the most requested features in WoW since like.. launch ?
    I'm not a huge fan of Elves but to each it's own.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    Doubt there will be new races, not with them updating all the vanilla models. That might as well be the 'new races', and I'm sure they'll sell them as such.
    i have a feeling alot of people like you are going to be very disappointed
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Doubt there will be new races, not with them updating all the vanilla models. That might as well be the 'new races', and I'm sure they'll sell them as such.

Besides which, if Warlords of Draenor truly does end up being the expansion (and I hope it doesn't: that name is almost as terrible as Heroes of the Storm was), what Draenor-appropriate races are there? Ogres obviously, but not much else. There's little to ethereals or arrakoa. No one wants to play as the fungi people. Unless there's a pull-a-rabbit-out-of-a-hat trick by Blizzard to invent a new playable race out of thin air, or unless they go for an unrelated race like the Furbolg, there aren't any other good options left.
    There is no playable Drake race in wow atm.

Eredar=corrupted Draenei whoever said Horde gets them is half right and half wrong.
    Wrong that it would be new that they are playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i have a feeling alot of people like you are going to be very disappointed
    I never claimed I'd be disappointed one way or the other. Just saying what I'm assuming based on Blizz's past statements, which is that models take a lot of time and resources to make. It stands to reason if they are making ten newish race models, they probably won't have the time to do two new ones on top of that. It's not disappointment so much as it is logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    It's one of the most requested features in WoW since like.. launch ?
    I'm not a huge fan of Elves but to each it's own.
    The problem with those people isn't that they are fans of elves.
    The problem is that they want to waste the potential for the Alliance to get a new, interesting race by instead getting High Elves, when we already have an Alliance elf race, despite the fact that High Elves are ALREADY PLAYABLE ON THE HORDE SIDE.

I never claimed I'd be disappointed one way or the other. Just saying what I'm assuming based on Blizz's past statements, which is that models take a lot of time and resources to make. It stands to reason if they are making ten newish race models, they probably won't have the time to do two new ones on top of that. It's not disappointment so much as it is logical.
    id say blizzards statments about the new models is the best evidence we have that new races are coming considering how theyve stated over and over again they are more of a side project and arent willing to sacrifice content in order to get them done and not having any races or classes would be sacrificing content
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they decide not to include new races and instead focus on the updated character models. If anything, perhaps a new neutral race like the Pandaren, then both sides could get something without having to add two. I think a new class would be nice though.

10+ Year Old Account
    ethereals are extremely neutral in my opinion, so i don't think they will join the alliance (or horde)

then again, i never imagined goblins on horde side too because of the same reason.

blizzard works in mysterious ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    id say blizzards statments about the new models is the best evidence we have that new races are coming considering how theyve stated over and over again they are more of a side project and arent willing to sacrifice content in order to get them done and not having any races or classes would be sacrificing content
    I hadn't seen those statements, but if that's the case then I'll gladly retract my prediction.

I hadn't seen those statements, but if that's the case then I'll gladly retract my prediction.
    if they hadnt admitted they were only 25% done a little while ago i wouldve been in full agreement with them coming next expansion, but i just dont see it coming that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    ethereals are extremely neutral in my opinion, so i don't think they will join the alliance (or horde)

then again, i never imagined goblins on horde side too because of the same reason.

blizzard works in mysterious ways.

The Ethereals are truly neutral, favoring neither faction.
    The Goblins had a history of helping the Horde over the Alliance.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Ethereals don't show up until after Draenor goes snap crackle pop, iirc, so if there's a time-travel element I don't think they're a likely choice.
    While I'm not slavering over the idea of Ethereals added as a player race, I'm not opposed, either. I don't see why they'd have to be counted out as a player race - why would a new player race, in a time travel expansion, have to come from the past? That sounds like a recipe for absolute disaster - bring a race from the past to the present? That changes the timeline, and we all know that's a terrible idea. It would make more sense for a currently existing race to have a vested interest in preserving the original timeline and assisting us, rather than yanking someone forward and screwing things up.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

If Alliance gets Arakkoa I'm race changing one of my toons.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    If Alliance gets Arakkoa I'm race changing one of my toons.
    Psh, I'll race change all my toons.
    I'll throw -all- my money at Blizz.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres for the Horde
    High Elves for the Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Ogres for the Horde
    High Elves for the Alliance
    Well we will see Northem. Next week. If they add Ogres and don't add High Elves then I'd say thats the end of your hopes.

Deleted
    hope its not gonna be a new class they have enough problems balancing the ones we have already

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for new model updates for all vanilla/bc races.

Edit: Sweet Jesus, please no Ogres for the Horde. Something a bit more original please.

I recall Metzen wanting to see playable Ogres and Naga.

If neither, then hopefully a playable demon hunter class or at least the release of some new player models. I'm not sure whether I like the idea of this next xpac yet. I'll have to wait until Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    hope its not gonna be a new class they have enough problems balancing the ones we have already
    Agreed, but it cannot be ruled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    I'm hoping for new model updates for all vanilla/bc races.

Edit: Sweet Jesus, please no Ogres for the Horde. Something a bit more original please.
    The model updates are a guarantee, we should even see a few.

As for Ogres, they might work better on the Alliance. They'd be more distinct there. But if it IS Draenor, and if new races are added, Ogres are pretty much a cert.