Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really want Ethereals as neutral race.

Why Ethereals?

• They've got a cool story (the exile after Dimensius destroyed K'aresh and consumed their fleshy bodies leaving nothing but a nebuloid mass of energy).
    • They are NOT furry, we already have many animal-like races (Tauren, Pandaren, Worgen), so getting Arakkoa would be a bit too much.
    • Like Forsaken, Ethereals could show pieces of bandages or some energy through.
    • They are superb engineers and could form a good trio along with gnomes and goblins (Gnomish engineering (alliance), Goblin engineering (Horde), Ethereal engineering (neutral).
    • They can be a wide variety of classes.
    • Their sprint animation would be quite interesting, leaving copies behind!
    • They could teach Alliance & Horde how to travel through the Twisting Nether (even if Draenei already know), allowing them to eventually hop onto future Argus or whatever planet they encounter.
    • Furthermore, there are already non-Consortium neutral Ethereals both in Stormwind, Orgrimmar offering their services.

And last but not least, Ethereals have already defeated Dimensius, which leaves their future unwritten and ready to suit either Horde or Alliance tastes.
    Last edited by Azalar; 2013-11-02 at 10:34 AM.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    Except that Sin'dorei were cardinally and irreversibly transformed by fel magic. In a short time actually. And except that High Elves were a popular demand from day 1. And except the confrontation of High and Bloodelves would indeed be an interesting story arc, given that there are lots of Blood Elves undecided whether their allegiance really lies with Horde and even Lor'Themar has second thoughts about that.
    The Blood Elves have had only minor physiological mutations, basically their eyes went green. Some people say their skin tone altered as well but it could just some are tan.

The High Elves were added in TBC as the Blood Elves.

There is no confrontation between the High Elves and Blood Elves worth having, the High Elves are confirmed to be virtually extinct. The Dalaran faction is essentially it.

The Blood Elves allegiance issues were the entire point of their story arc throughout Mists of Pandaria. You may not have noticed, but their story arc in Mists of Pandaria ended with them cemented within the Horde and Lor'themar getting over his second thoughts.

I've just come out of a fairly lengthy thread that had to be locked arguing over High Elves. I know they are wanted by a lot of people, but they were added to the game in 2007 Horde side.

Can't we please talk about actual and interesting potential player races?

Ogres, Ethereals, Naga, Arrakoa. Any of these would be amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azanoid View Post
    I really want Ethereals as neutral race.

Why Ethereals?

• They've got a cool story (the exile after Dimensius destroyed K'aresh and consumed their fleshy bodies leaving nothing but a nebuloid mass of energy).
    • They are NOT furry, we already have many animal-like races (Tauren, Pandaren, Worgen), so getting Arakkoa would be a bit too much.
    • Like Forsaken, Ethereals could show pieces of bandages or some energy through.
    • They are superb engineers and could form a good trio along with gnomes and goblins (Gnomish engineering (alliance), Goblin engineering (Horde), Ethereal engineering (neutral).
    • They can be a wide variety of classes.
    • Their sprint animation would be quite interesting, leaving copies behind!
    • They could teach Alliance & Horde how to travel through the Twisting Nether, allowing them to eventually hop onto Argus or whatever planet they encounter.
    • Furthermore, there are already non-Consortium neutral Ethereals both in Stormwind, Orgrimmar offering their services.

And last but not least, Ethereals have already defeated Dimensius, which leaves their future unwritten and ready to suit either Horde or Alliance tastes.
    I think Ethereals would be a cool addition, and yes you make a good case. But how would you get over the problem that Blizzard has been setting them up as the go to neutral non player race to replace the Goblins that used to be in this role?

I really can't see any of the BC outland races being added for one simple reason, they are lame. Yes it is an opinion, but it is a majority opinion as the current race statistics show that the large portion of the population prefers to play either humans or elves. Blizzard is losing subs at rate like never before, this expansion will make or break the game's future so they need a bigger draw than ever before. Making it themed to BC is a very easy start for that since most people recall it as being Wow's golden age. It is hard to create much hype for the races we have seen in outland:

Arroka - They are big birds with lore based around primitive forms of magic... Do we need another version of Tauren?
    Ogres - Same as above, while their lore goes with the horde very well they don't bring much of what horde doesn't already have
    Etheral - Quite a unique alien-like race, the closest to being realistic as a new race imo. However, blizzard would have to make some extreme changes to bring customization for them since they all look exactly the same and wear no clothes. With their lack of lore they might as well just make a whole new race.
    Naga - Same issue as above, can they really be made not to look ridiculous in armor? Even so they are liked by a very small minority due to lack of humanoid features.
    Broken - I would love for alliance to get them just to see their reaction. An uglier version of Draeni with much less lore. And given how blizzard has been handling Draeni lore...
    Lost Ones - Same as above
    High Elves - Not possible because it would be too gamebreaking. Giving alliance the most played race of the horde would cause extreme population issues plus the biggest complaint shitstorm blizzard ever faced. It would be no different than letting horde have humans.

I think no new races is very likely IF they release updated models with the expansion. Otherwise it will probably be something completely new relating to w/e the story is, like some demonic race with mostly humanoid appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen18 View Post
    Ethereal - Quite a unique alien-like race, the closest to being realistic as a new race imo. However, blizzard would have to make some extreme changes to bring customization for them since they all look exactly the same and wear no clothes. With their lack of lore they might as well just make a whole new race.
    Lack of lore?

Though short, their story is very intense.

http://wowpedia.org/Ethereal

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    But how would you get over the problem that Blizzard has been setting them up as the go to neutral non player race to replace the Goblins that used to be in this role?
    I have felt otherwise

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    I'm still really doubting we'll get any new races this go round, as they are already working on retooling the 8 original races.
    /thread

If they did want to add "new" races it would have to be easy reskins. There IS a lot of demand for Mag'har and Quel'dorei.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I've just come out of a fairly lengthy thread that had to be locked arguing over High Elves. I know they are wanted by a lot of people, but they were added to the game in 2007 Horde side.

Can't we please talk about actual and interesting potential player races?
    Yeah, right. Some thread was locked + you are not interested = no one should talk about what interests them. Logic overwhelming. Many people want them equals they might show up eventually.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, right. Some thread was locked + you are not interested = no one should talk about what interests them. Logic overwhelming. Many people want them equals they might show up eventually.
    Don't bother arguing with rumaya. He is a never ending shitstorm of trying to force his anti High Elf desires on everyone else, because apparently what he wants is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Don't bother arguing with rumaya. He is a never ending shitstorm of trying to force his anti High Elf desires on everyone else, because apparently what he wants is all that matters.
    You could say the same about most of the people screaming for High Elves.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    No I would just prefer that this thread didn't devolve into another anti or pro High Elf-fest because we've already done that. The thread in question exhausted the topic.

And Telomerase every player would be affected by the decision to make them playable, I have every right to try and promote my point of view on this matter if others want to discuss it. And my point of view is that you want to waste a precious Alliance race slot on adding a race that already exists on the Horde side with the most minor of alterations simply because you don't want to play pretty elves next to Orcs and Trolls.

Why would you WASTE a race slot on them when the Alliance could have Naga or Arrakoa or Ethereals or Ogres. The people who want to play a pretty Elf Alliance side already have that option. Why not a bit of service to the guys who want to play a race that's just a bit weird or a bit monstrous alliance side?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    You could say the same about most of the people screaming for High Elves.
    Ah, a stalwart defender of the bullies I see.

One who mocks and belittles others deserves no sympathy.

Enjoy:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ces-in-general

15+ Year Old Account
    This has to be the Ogres time.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are enough playable races. They should invest their time in character remodeling for the old races.

Ah, a stalwart defender of the bullies I see.

One who mocks and belittles others deserves no sympathy.

Enjoy:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ces-in-general
    I'm not defending an asshole, I'm just saying this argument can go either way. I see lots of assholes on the side of High elves too, especially on the RP servers where they will fight you tooth and nail to defend their super kawaii desu elves.

Don't try to make me seem like the bad guy here, that's what bullies do. I'm stating facts.

PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    And Telomerase every player would be affected by the decision to make them playable, I have every right to try and promote my point of view on this matter if others want to discuss it. And my point of view is that you want to waste a precious Alliance race slot on adding a race that already exists on the Horde side with the most minor of alterations simply because you don't want to play pretty elves next to Orcs and Trolls.
    Yes, you have that right. But you cannot seem to engage in a civil discussion or friendly debate without resorting to anger.

I started treating you nicely. You responded each time with rudeness. And so my patience for you is long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I'm not defending an asshole, I'm just saying this argument can go either way. I see lots of assholes on the side of High elves too, especially on the RP servers where they will fight you tooth and nail to defend their super kawaii desu elves.

Don't try to make me seem like the bad guy here, that's what bullies do. I'm stating facts.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Neither were on Draenor before it was destroyed.

I'm going to say no new races because of the Vanilla model updates.
    This. Also we got the Draenei already!

Deleted
    No I would just prefer that this thread didn't devolve into another anti or pro High Elf-fest because we've already done that. The thread in question exhausted the topic.

Why would you WASTE a race slot on them when the Alliance could have Naga or Arrakoa or Ethereals or Ogres. The people who want to play a pretty Elf Alliance side already have that option. Why not a bit of service to the guys who want to play a race that's just a bit weird or a bit monstrous alliance side?
    wow rumaya never ending story. Sometimes I think that the only reason why you are on this forums are just to write "no no no I dont High Elves because they are Blood Elves now in Horde and there is a blue post."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    This. Also we got the Draenei already!
    Exactly. You think anyone is going to give a shit about Arrakoa or Ogres or Ethereals if we got new Human, Orc, Dwarf, Troll, and NE models?

I just don't see Blizzard wasting their time doing that. Also, could you imagine if we had 8 new vanilla models, two new races, but no new models for Dranei and Blood Elves? People would be ticked off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you have that right. But you cannot seem to engage in a civil discussion or friendly debate without resorting to anger.

I started treating you nicely. You responded each time with rudeness. And so my patience for you is long gone.
    Not quite how I remember it.

Zorua, despite the assertions of one person I am not an asshole. That thread ended up as a negative experience for all involved at the end.

Personally I just wish to talk about potential expansion races, but as I have form in regards to being anti Helf it does tend to dominate should the idea be proposed.

I posted a lot about why it shouldn't happen you see.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBanana View Post
    I like this selection best. Etherals for alliance wouldnt be bad either if highelves dont make it.
    Oh so suddenly the Horde cannot access the void storage and transmogfrication anymore because the Ethereal packed up shop and went to the Alliance? What a genius idea! Yeah yeah yeah different fractions of ethereals because they are as trustworthy a goblins. Blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    wow rumaya never ending story. Sometimes I think that the only reason why you are on this forums are just to write "no no no I dont High Elves because they are Blood Elves now in Horde and there is a blue post."
    You know what, I have to agree with him though. I'd rather see something savage on the Alliance side, like we were supposed to get with Worgen (but all we got was a bunch of hairy Englishmen.). We have plenty of pretty races. (Night Elf, Blood Elf, Draenei). *raises hands defensively* I have looked at both sides of the argument and personally I'd rather not have more anime elves. Please no more discussion about it. We already know a small, vocal minority likes the High elves and majority doesn't give two shits about them (They either don't care or don't like them.).

PM if you add me!