Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Didn't say all, but definitely most are stupid.
    The warriors are stupid, but the magis are among the most intelligent races on Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Tinker, Demon Hunter, or Time Walker. The point is that a new class would be far more beneficial for the game than two new races overshadowed by the Vanilla character remodels.

no Tinker give it up

Let's assume it's the orcs from draenor are back for some reason.

So who's on Draenor when the legion makes contact?
    According to "Rise of the Horde"
    There were:
    Orcs
    Ogres
    Half breeds(Garona is a thing, but they specifically mention half orcs and a half orc/half ogre tribe)
    Dranei
    Gronn(more monstrous than playable imo)
    Plus we can assume some indigenous outland dudes:
    Sporregar
    Bird dudes

I don't think we'll get any of those. Things lived in netherstorm and shadowmoon before they imploded, and hellfire wasn't a wasteland then. Plus we've got THE REST OF THE PLANET to work with.

I'm voting something brand new.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's fine. However, please consider what I said above.

1. Blizzard couldn't come up with a decent looking female Ogre.
    They got as far as female ogres before deciding on another race. That's not the same as "couldn't come up with"

2. Ogres are so dumb they need two heads to perform magic spells.
    Not all Ogres are dumb, there is the Draenei/Ogri'la treatment and yes - the two head ones are scarily intelligent

3. The majority of the userbase wants model revamps over new races.
    Overly dramatic with no evidence. More accurate to say "I want new models more than I want new races so I will suggest that the very small number of players who agree with this on the forums as proof that the majority are aligned with me".

Big news of the day? Most existing players won't care because most existing players will be looking at the new armor sets.

4. Blizzard has stated that new models are coming, and that they will be on the Pandaren level of detail.
    And also didn't give a timetable or much other info beyond they were a side project , worked on when the art team had not much else to do.

Again, you guys are scraping the bottom of the barrel in your racial choices. Why? Because there's really nothing left to make a playable race from. We've also had two expansions in a row where new races were introduced.
    And there isn't much stopping Blizzard making it three in a row if they so chose. If they went with Ogres and High Elfs, they've even already got animations, emotes, and so on already in place.

EJL

I'm hoping for playable Broken, simply because they ought to be playable-- they've been there since BC, and honestly we've seen more Broken NPCs than uncorrupted Draenei....

High Elves for alliance led by Alleria, who blizzard said b4 we would need in the near future. Horde will probs get Ogres of some sort, but i dnt think there will be a new race. These 2 are the most likely however, if there is going to be

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    I'm hoping for playable Broken, simply because they ought to be playable-- they've been there since BC, and honestly we've seen more Broken NPCs than uncorrupted Draenei....
    The story of the Broken is largely intermingled with that of the Draenei. They might work as a Horde option, but then they'd be working with the people who genocided them.

If WoD is the correct name, and IF there are to be new races....

Horde side seems obvious. Ogres. Too obvious?
    Alliance side? High Elves, Arrakoa or (if there is no time travel aspect) Ethereals. Drakonids might work but the story probably won't support them.

Ogres and HElves pair off each other nicely as the final missing member of each faction, but HElfs may cause issues as described elsewhere due to player reaction. Could we get Horde Arakkoa with a new Alliance race or a different Horde race? Could we get four races - 1 old and 1 new - on each side? Maybe there'll be no new races. Or maybe we'll get one neutral race.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-11-03 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    The story of the Broken is largely intermingled with that of the Draenei. They might work as a Horde option, but then they'd be working with the people who genocided them.

If WoD is the correct name, and IF there are to be new races....

Horde side seems obvious. Ogres. Too obvious?
    Alliance side? High Elves, Arrakoa or (if there is time travel aspect) Ethereals.

Ogres and HElves pair off each other nicely as the final missing member of each faction, but HElfs may cause issues as described elsewhere due to player reaction. Could we get Horde Arakkoa with a new Alliance race or a different Horde race? Could we get four races - 1 old and 1 new - on each side? Maybe there'll be no new races. Or maybe we'll get one neutral race.

EJL
    Honestly i don't think highelves would look exactly like blood elves if they were made playable. Geographically they'd be from somewhere other than silvermoon and they would have dodged the demon magic bullet. Blood elves are "scarred" by the scourge and overuse of the sunwell, as well as naga saturation(dude in the basement) and a demonic pressence. Maybe it shrank them, maybe it angulated them, something. There's plenty of reasons for the high elf race to both exist and appear differently from blood elves dramatically. The "but they're in game already!" excuse is a little moot, because sure they currently share models with blood elves, but blood elves shared models with night elves at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    Honestly i don't think highelves would look exactly like blood elves if they were made playable. Geographically they'd be from somewhere other than silvermoon and they would have dodged the demon magic bullet. Blood elves are "scarred" by the scourge and overuse of the sunwell, as well as naga saturation(dude in the basement) and a demonic pressence. Maybe it shrank them, maybe it angulated them, something. There's plenty of reasons for the high elf race to both exist and appear differently from blood elves dramatically. The "but they're in game already!" excuse is a little moot, because sure they currently share models with blood elves, but blood elves shared models with night elves at one point.
    The difference is that Night Elves and Blood Elves are two different races that evolved over thousands of years, and who once shared a model for convenience.
    Blood Elves were High Elves until ~ten years ago when they decided to start calling themselves Blood Elves in memorial of those who died to the scourge, they are barely even fel-tainted. Look at the Orcs, they are so tainted their brown skin tone has turned fel green, they have not changed much physically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither were on Draenor before it was destroyed.

I'm going to say no new races because of the Vanilla model updates.
    In one of the tweets a couple of months ago they said they were only at like 20-25% done with the models. Not sure how long they've been working on them though, but I have a vague thought new models will be a no upcoming expansion

Bringing Alleria back to just be a clone of Vereesa in terms of her loyalties and attitudes would be a total, total waste, hack writing 101.

Well, it sounds very obvious that Ogre would be the new race for the Horde.

Alliance? It could be either Arakkoa or High Elves. :S Etherals, to be honest, could work like Pandaren in a way one could choose either Alliance or Horde.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Bringing Alleria back to just be a clone of Vereesa in terms of her loyalties and attitudes would be a total, total waste, hack writing 101.
    True. Alleria is much more anti-Horde.

EJL

If they do add a new race I would love to play as one of the burning crusade demons. They could come at it from the perspective of the burning legion and your invading azeroth. Be a real bad guy instead of the horde vs ally thang hehe
    Last edited by Wowforlife79; 2013-11-03 at 02:37 AM.

Deleted
    arakoa for alliance
    eredar for horde

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should just add the Legion as a third faction.

Could you imagine playing all those badass races?

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    True. Alleria is much more anti-Horde.

EJL
    Sorry, can't imagine anyone who deserves regard as a writer thinking "I know, Alleria should come back and basically be exactly like one of her sisters on every subject".

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    What crane people would that be?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...edit_gallery:5

This one

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    My guess:

No new races but 'sub races' example:

Dark Iron dwarves, Wildhammer dwarves,
    Brown orcs, black orcs,
    Taunka,

etc.
    I love how you guys don't outright mention High Elf anymore.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I was strongly against High Elves, but now i'm on board, do I get any special treatment for joining to band wagon?

Alleria sounds awesome and would be an awesome leader.

Her and Jaina would get along nicely, it would be interesting to see Dalaran or somewhere else become a major city. Under the condition, that High Elves can't be Warlocks.