Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So basically, at the core at the desire to play High Elves is pretty much that they don't want to play the Horde?

All right. I want Alliance trolls, because I love trolls but I don't like the Horde!
    Trolls were never part of the Alliance. High Elves are and always have been part of the Alliance since Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness. The story is there. Lore matters to some of us you realize... Obviously not yourself...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    oh definitely, i think that the introduction of playable worgen was amazingly clever

too bad the gilneans haven't got a city to call their own yet,
    Yeah :/ Well the zone and their city is there, one can only hope.
    Varian said in the end of SoO that he wants to cleanse Gilneas from the plague, so that Gilneans can rebuild.
    If something like that ever becomes true (i'm hoping next patch, yeah i'm that desperate xD) it would be awesome.
    Gilneas City can be used like Bilgewater Harbor (they are almost about the same size anyway), not a major capital city, but still a city, to avoid further complains about two capitals of the opposite factions, so close to each other (although i'd love that).

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Trolls were never part of the Alliance. High Elves are and always have been part of the Alliance since Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness. The story is there. Lore matters to some of us you realize... Obviously not yourself...

Ha-ha-ha. Way to make assumptions.

Aside from having no unique, new models, they have no distinctive culture to call their own. They live in the shadow of the blood elves, and are now left not much more than human bootlickers, so assimilated into the human culture that they may as well just be human handpuppets.

Try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    If when you're saying a completely new race you mean Worgen, well....Lorewise, it's not a 'new race', it's the kingdom of Gilneas which was the most powerful human kingdom after Lordaeron, that was a member of the old Alliance of Lordaeron, and they accept it back in the Alliance after so many years of isolation. I guess from the entire Gilnean population, 60 or 70% are cursed and the rest of them are humans. So basically it's just another human kingdom, nothing new.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean new in the sense of a "new race" joining the Horde faction rather than just reclaiming old allegiances. I wasn't a fan of it for cataclysm and going straight back into it while Alliance take another new and distinct race (Worgens aren't exactly the Gilneans of past) would probably push me away from WoW for good.
    Last edited by Coldtooth; 2013-11-06 at 09:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ha-ha-ha. Way to make assumptions.

Aside from having no unique, new models, they have no distinctive culture to call their own. They live in the shadow of the blood elves, and are now left not much more than human bootlickers, so assimilated into the human culture that they may as well just be human handpuppets.

Try again.
    Actually I feel I won that, not you. Case and point - Pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    You mean too bad worgen have zero anything whatsoever (lore, city) after the events stated above? Right.
    Warcraft II: Gilneas was part of the Human Alliance the fought the orcs and pushed them back to the dark portal, before closing their doors to the Alliance in WC3, thanks to the Worgen Plague that was infecting the Kingdom of Gilneas. If your idea of lore is what's written on the WoW manuals, you have a lot to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by El Mariachi View Post
    Warcraft II: Gilneas was part of the Human Alliance the fought the orcs and pushed them back to the dark portal, before closing their doors to the Alliance in WC3, thanks to the Worgen Plague that was infecting the Kingdom of Gilneas. If your idea of lore is what's written on the WoW manuals, you have a lot to learn.
    Wow way to go mate, just assume I know nothing about the lore. But can you seriously say that you have seen anything to the Worgens, their plague or their city, or anything else about the worgen since they were introduced? And as I said after the events stated above. Not before.
    They just sort off vanished like the Draenei.

Deleted
    oh definitely, i think that the introduction of playable worgen was amazingly clever

too bad the gilneans haven't got a city to call their own yet,
    well thats good for them that they lost the city :P

That means that we will probably get some story about reclaiming it. They have a real reason to fight Horde so thats making them valuable for Alliance and active in future expansions

thats why the introducing and placing Worgen in lore was so good imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not really a case. You really think a brand new race they introduced specifically to go to both sides is an excuse to recycle one that's been playable for like seven years now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    well thats good for them that they lost the city :P

That means that we will probably get some story about reclaiming it. They have a real reason to fight Horde so thats making them valuable for Alliance and active in future expansions

thats why the introducing and placing Worgen in lore was so good imo.
    Yeah i believe the same. We'll just have to wait and see!

Actually, you lost that; gravely.

Horde and Alliance Pandaren were both added in the same expansion. We didn't get Pandaren for the Alliance in TBC, and got them for the Horde now. If we got High Elves and Blood Elves in TBC, I'd have no qualms. But this is not the case. If we get High Elves now, that means the Horde will get a unique race. That's atrocious.

Your whole 'well, we got neutral pandaren' comment is really - really flawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to guess the playable races will be...

Blood Elf, Draenei, Dwarf, Gnome, Goblin, Human, Night Elf, Orc, Pandaren, Tauren, Troll, Undead, Worgen

10+ Year Old Account
    We do not need more races. We need more options for the ones we have.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean too bad worgen have zero anything whatsoever (lore, city) after the events stated above? Right.
    yes, basically,

although there are a lot of Worgen NPCs, which i am always thankful to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmatty View Post
    We don't need superficial variations on pre-existing material, we need new material.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

We don't need superficial variations on pre-existing material, we need new material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthmatty View Post
    No we need both. Though the model update will come eventually quite possibly featuring more options to the older races.

10+ Year Old Account
    No we need both.
    well, yes, of course
    i was just being sardonic.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    That said, how many people would actually choose an ogre as main for real?

I mean it, Naga or Ethereals would make much better choice, both for aesthetics and marketing.
    well barring Raiders who will go with what 'Elitist Jerks' say, the Role Player is a good way to judge the merit of a player race, because they will actually play out the race the way we imagine a character should be played. So have you ever been to a RP server and seen a RP player in an Ogre Suit RPing being an Ogre? I have. So I am fairly certain that if they add in Ogres people who play characters based on how they feel about the race, Ogres will actually be fairly popular.

Ogres, while totally fitting for the horde, especially a draenor expansion, don't excite me at all. I wouldn't be pissed if we got them, but I probably wouldn't play one outside of the starting zone. There's just so many other races that I would rather see. Ethereals and Saurok being two examples

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The main problem with Gilneas is not that it isn't some hub city like Ironforge or even a micro-city like Bilgewater Harbor.

The problem is Blizz made it so Alliance never sees what happens with it. Only Forsaken get to see that. How does that make sense at all?

But even bigger than that: they just left the entire zone blank and devoid of life, minus a handful of dogs put back in for hunters to tame, and some critters. It is very strange, no matter your faction, to see this empty place just sitting there. They could have at least taken the time to populate it with animals, some Forsaken and Resistance patrols, and actually make it appear as though it was attacked.

Hell, some green goo and gas around the city would make more sense than what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    I'm not sure that subraces should become playable. In any case, Broken would be another skin for Draenei...
    Broken look very different from eredar draenei. Different enough to be a separate race.