Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Enough races. The Alliance and Horde are basically nonsensical factions now. The Forsaken basically is off doing its own thing, Trolls/Tauren are combined against Orcs, Blood Elves doing whatever. The Humans are the lead for Alliance (as usual), with all the other factions being more or less just their lackeys to the point where beyond Night Elves, it feels like they could just make every damn race (including orcs) a human boot-licker with how little the other Alliance races matter.

"No we need both. Though the model update will come eventually quite possibly featuring more options to the older races. "

Agree with this, but if you go with priorities, then new material is a far greater priority. CMs have stated that new models will never be considered as new content and that is what will frustrate the player base if they prioritize new models over other things.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Broken look very different from eredar draenei. Different enough to be a separate race.
    But Broken are a sub-race to the Draenei.

~~~~~~~

I would rather see this go towards a sub-factional or minor race route:

Humans: High elves
    Dwarves: Wildhammer, Dark Iron
    Night elves: Children of Cenarius (don't know about those legs though) or Furbolg
    Gnomes: Mechagnomes
    Draenei: Broken
    Worgen: Gilnean Humans

Orcs: Mag'har
    Undead: Undead elves, Undead Incorporeals
    Tauren: Taunka
    Trolls: Ice, Forest
    Blood elves: Wretched
    Goblins: Gilgoblin

No new race or class this expansion.

I'd be pretty content with ogres for the Horde, so long as blizz can take care of the size issue elegantly, and perhaps the multiple head issue too. They've got enough lore and such to get at least 5 classes out, and maybe up to 8 if we're being generous with monks, priests, and rogues. I can't comment on a 3rd mail class but if they do add both a new class and new races in this next xpac then it would be weird if the new races couldn't be that class.

Hm, this is a good time to head to bed so I can pass the time until Blizzcon blows my brains.

Dunno what Alliance would get. High elves would be too similar to blood elves, plus the high elves might not have enough of a population to get their own starting area. Murlocs are a no-go I'd expect. Arakkoa might not have enough lore to work with it unless Blizz can tie things together somehow.
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2013-11-07 at 05:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Trolls were never part of the Alliance. High Elves are and always have been part of the Alliance since Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness. The story is there. Lore matters to some of us you realize... Obviously not yourself...
    I'm pretty sure that dark trolls joined the nightelves to fight at the world tree.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dark_troll

That's plenty really. There was even that cool piece of dark troll concept art from Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I'm pretty sure that dark trolls joined the nightelves to fight at the world tree.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dark_troll

That's plenty really. There was even that cool piece of dark troll concept art from Cataclysm.
    Awesome concept art.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Yeah, and now all of them or dead, or at least have such a small population that no one has seen them since Archimonde's defeat at Mount Hyjal.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs51/f/20..._boybalasa.jpg

Would seriously love that beard for my Ogre. :P

Ogres for Horde.
    End of Story.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs51/f/20..._boybalasa.jpg

Would seriously love that beard for my Ogre. :P

Ogres for Horde.
    End of Story.
    Another nice sketch.

I have a suspicion that if Orgres are implemented, they would be modeled like fatter orcs like the one in the sketch.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the Horde!

That's my kind of Ogre!

Deleted
    Ogres and High Elves would be my number one want, just to round off the Warcraft 1/2 races if nothing else. I must admit I like the Silvermoon time story/neutral split idea being thrown around, but regardless I'd take these two anyway Blizz wants to spin it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    But Broken are a sub-race to the Draenei.

~~~~~~~

I would rather see this go towards a sub-factional or minor race route:

Humans: High elves
    Dwarves: Wildhammer, Dark Iron
    Night elves: Children of Cenarius (don't know about those legs though) or Furbolg
    Gnomes: Mechagnomes
    Draenei: Broken
    Worgen: Gilnean Humans

Orcs: Mag'har
    Undead: Undead elves, Undead Incorporeals
    Tauren: Taunka
    Trolls: Ice, Forest
    Blood elves: Wretched
    Goblins: Gilgoblin
    Night Elves - Furbolg?! lol, no :P Highborn are better choice imo since Furbolgs arent sub-race or minor-race(they have their own capital!)

Ogre's for horde obviously, Catmen for Alliance, or Eaglemen for Alliance. Ethereal will never be a race because they're mercenaries and they run that whole xmog business.

Something not completely stupid. Which is to say, if Alliance get squawking birdmen I'm going to be very cross with Blizz.

Ogre's for horde obviously, Catmen for Alliance, or Eaglemen for Alliance. Ethereal will never be a race because they're mercenaries and they run that whole xmog business.
    I completely agree with you (because I don't like Ethereals to be playable), but the arguments "they're mercenaries and they run that whole xmog business" seems like :
    "Goblins arere mercenaries and they run all banks and stuff...".

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Broken look very different from eredar draenei. Different enough to be a separate race.
    Different enough looks, but they have the same story, culture and home. They'd work as a Horde race if a suitable enough story for them joining the Horde can be created but as an Alliance race, they'd work far better as a Draenei sub race. Different racials and classes? Possibly...but I don't see them as a fully viable racial option.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    Night Elves - Furbolg?! lol, no :P Highborn are better choice imo since Furbolgs arent sub-race or minor-race(they have their own capital!)
    There is just a small issue. The Highborne would just be a slightly different color of the Nightelves. The Highborne is Nightelves basically, though because of their mana addiction they turned into the Highelves that founded Quel'Thalas which then as we all know later turned into the Blood Elves.

Though I agree that it wouldn't be furbolgs even though they have ties to the alliance and Night Elves.
    Last edited by Micromadsen; 2013-11-07 at 12:39 PM.