Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm sad that everyone seems to be saying ogres. I really want naga fr horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JCinDE View Post
    No more faction specific races imo! Arrakoa and Ethereal for both!
    Ethereal

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Deleted
    I just want to be a High Elf

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Ethereal
    Ethereal hype! \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichorum View Post
    Ethereal hype! \o/
    Indeed, know that feel bro ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    NO Arakkoa. Why anyone would be playing a fkn giant ugly bird race with poor lore behind them, stop asking for shitty races.
    Arakkoa seem highly plausible. Arakkoa is the BEST race in world of warcraft IMO. And they have Plenty of awesome lore relating to the subject of the Expac.

Ties against Gul'dan(Horde) -

The original Dark Conclave was a group of arakkoa which resided in Shadowmoon Valley in the years prior to the First War. The Dark Conclave set up two encampments, Sketh'lon Wreckage and Sketh'lon Base Camp, in the area. When Gul'dan rallied the First Horde, the arakkoa decided to strike against him. However, Gul'dan - having been taught the secrets of the arcane by the eredar lord Kil'jaeden - unleashed powerful magics against the arakkoa, destroying their encampments. Gul'dan's powerful spells made the Dark Conclave arakkoa into ghosts, left to wander throughout their ruined encampments.

Despite Gul'dan's spellwork, Dark Conclave agents continue with their plans to this day. At the Sketh'lon Base Camp east of Wildhammer Stronghold, they are attempting to summon a powerful being of death and destruction, believed to have been a last ditch effort to oppose Gul'dan. However, Gul'dan's spellwork augmented the powers that would allow them to summon this creature - whose appearance is similar to the Old God C'Thun - into Outland. Parshah, an arakkoa who deserted the Conclave, is attempting to gather powerful magic items in order to disrupt the Conclave's summoning. One of the lords of the Dark Conclave was the arrakkoa known as Asghar.

Ties to the Alliance -

Grizzik was an arakkoa living in Terokkar Forest who allied himself with the Sons of Lothar against the Horde for what they did to his race. After the Alliance Expedition arrived on Draenor, Grizzik noticed them and followed the expedition in secret. On the Night Allerian Stronghold was built, Grizzik was caught spying on them. When he was tied up by the high elves, Danath Trollbane and Talthressar questioned him and he claimed he was not there to attack. Danath was surprised that he could speak their language and Grizzik told them that he learns fast. After releasing him because Danath didn’t believe he was of any harm, Grizzik agreed to lead the Alliance troops to Auchindoun, where the orcs took refuge, and introduced them to the Auchenai priest Nemuraan. While he looked frightened by the draenei he was dangerous in battle. Grizzik showed his true abilities when he fought the orcs alongside the Alliance races. He slid the throat of an orc and blinded a second one with its beak.[1]

After discovering where Ner’zhul had gone to, Grizzik was more than willing to lead them to the Black Temple. When Danath’s forces were camped at the start of Shadowmoon Valley, Kurdran took Grizzik on Sky'ree to Turalyon where he led them to Danath.[2] It's unknown if he survived the destruction of Draenor.
    Quotes

"Grizzik is arakkoa. Old race. Oldest maybe in world. Grizzik curious! No harm!"
    "Arakkoa ancient people. We stay to selves. But! We watch peaceful draenei, primitive orcs. But who could know? Madness come to orcs. What — we know not."
    "Draenor is name they call world, yes. They proud of selves, they name whole world after selves. They strong... before."
    "Yes, yes. Once many, many draenei. They use bright light. Live here long time. They think selves strong and good, no one stop draenei, no no. But orcs— Gone. Only few left now. Now once-proud draenei hide away."
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

I'd love to see Arakkoa, good appearance and lots of potential for lore. Having a hard time picturing them in leggings though, they all seem to only wear kilts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possible future Horde playable races IMO: Ogre, Naga, Vrykul, Hozen, Eredar, Centaur, Quilboar

Possible future Alliance playable races IMO: Drakonid, Furbolg, Arakkoa, Jinyu, High Elf, Dryad, Sporeling, Ethereal, Satyr, Harpy

Seeing as this is a Draenor themed expansion, I see Ogres for Horde and either High Elf, Arakkoa or Dakonid for Alliance.

Personally, I'd love to see Harpies playable as the first female-only race, but that's just because I'm a Harpy Fanboy. Unfortunately, I don't see them being playable. But if they were, I think they could go either Horde or Alliance with a Running Wild type of racial for flying and I think Ethereal would make a good male-only race to counterbalance Harpies.

And I could totally see a Fairy/Pixie race coming out of nowhere to be playable as Alliance for an Emerald Dream expansion because WoW needs fairies (and I believe they even mentioned Pixies in a Warcraft book). They're a core fantasy race and WoW is missing them, but I can already picture all of the outrage the Blood Elves/Pandaren got times ten if that happened.
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2013-11-08 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    I just want to be a High Elf
    Right now we have 3 of each specialization except mail, this leads me to believe that next class will be mail wearer ie... Battlemage, they are used heavily throughout Burning Crusade and Wrath. Battlemages would also fit the mo with High Elves and Ogres becuase these two are already in game as battlemages.
    A battlemage is a mail wearing heavy melee class that can use swords and staves. http://www.wowwiki.com/Battle_mage#Named

Quote Originally Posted by kryimsson View Post
    No love for the Vrykul? I would play the beegeesus out of that race
    Lorewise, there weren't that many vrykul, and most were killed during WOTLK, some were killed the events in silverpine forest, one sacrificed herself to resurrect Sylvanas in Silverpine, and 1 or 2 were slain by the Alliance in the Battle of Andorhal.

Vrykul are like the High Elves, there isn't that many to make it a viable playable race by the Developers and lorecrafters at Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    *screams loudly* HIGH ELVES! I WANT HIGH ELVES! HIGH ELVES! HIGH ELVES! HIGH ELVES! HIGH ELVES! HIGH ELVES! HIGH ELVES! HIGH ELVES! HIGH ELVES! HIGH ELVES! HIGH ELVES! HIGH ELVES! HIGH ELVES! HIGH ELVES!

Vrykul
    Brown orcs/half ogres
    undead blood elfs
    Earthen/dark iron
    Fire night elves
    zandalari trolls(rastakhan(?) isn't evil to our knowledge)
    Taunka/Yaungol
    High Elves/Those vampire elves/creepy fel elves
    lepper gnomes/ mecho gnomes
    other Goblin species
    more Worgen wolf varieties
    mutated Draenei/Eredar

Give each one a unique starting 1-5 and have them all coincidently end up in their cousin race starting zone.

would be awesome, never happen though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mariachi View Post
    Lorewise, there weren't that many vrykul, and most were killed during WOTLK, some were killed the events in silverpine forest, one sacrificed herself to resurrect Sylvanas in Silverpine, and 1 or 2 were slain by the Alliance in the Battle of Andorhal.

Vrykul are like the High Elves, there isn't that many to make it a viable playable race by the Developers and lorecrafters at Blizzard.
    Those were the "Valkyr", which were Battle-Maiden Vrykuls raised to Undeath by the Lich King, as far the the Vrykul race though they were ALL over Northrend. It'd be easy for blizzard to tie them to the Horde IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldtooth View Post
    Those were the "Valkyr", which were Battle-Maiden Vrykuls raised to Undeath by the Lich King, as far the the Vrykul race though they were ALL over Northrend. It'd be easy for blizzard to tie them to the Horde IMO.
    There's still many who are still in that slumber too. I really did hate that we killed every group we came across and i play horde only :/

Deleted
    Ogre Arakkoa or Ethereals? I'd be surprised to see any of them (as in it seems a bit silly to have any of those suggestions). No idea what would be introduced tbh. something new we haven't seen maybe?
    Last edited by mmoc9e94235ac9; 2013-11-08 at 01:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    Ogre Arakkoa or Ethereals? I'd be surprised to see any of them (as in it seems a bit silly to have any of those suggestions). No idea what would be introduced tbh. something new we haven't seen maybe?
    pandas............................ your argument is invaild
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Which ever the horde gets, they better be able to be paladins. I've been pooped on every expansion for a while, minus BC of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Which ever the horde gets, they better be able to be paladins. I've been pooped on every expansion for a while, minus BC of course.
    Ethereals. Lawful neutral ones. Now that's business.

I am going to go from left field and say High Elves for Alliance and Humans (Defias/pirates/rebels) for Horde. They already have the models, so it would really cut down on time. They have half the storyline built in. They could say, see 2 new races, people should be happy as they have asked about them forever. Best part, it would save a ton of money for building the next expansion.

Will it happen, probably not. But it would be funny.

Slip

Deleted
    I've been thinking of plausible races for the next expansion pack for the last week or so and I can only think of two.

Alliance:
    Naga/Highborne

The inherent problem with the Naga however is their lack of legs and extra female arms. However, what about a storyline that reverses the Worgen one? You are part of a faction of Naga that no longer follow Azshara after they learn what she has in store for the world. You and your group start as a Naga and, with the help of the Night Elves, try to break N'zoth's transformation spell/curse to become an Elf again ... but it only half-works. So, in appearance you'd be Elf-shaped but with webbed/scaled features (like a Gilgoblin) and paler (or darker?) skin. Their racial ability could be to temporarily embrace their Naga form and gaining a bonus to a stat or two.

Classes: Mage, Warlock (some are inspired by Azshara's summoning of demons), Shaman (some are servants of Neptulon and by extension the other elemental lords), Warrior, Hunter, Priest
    Mount: Snapdragon
    City: Darnassus, taking up residence where the Worgen used to be. [Worgen have reclaimed Gilneas City.]
    Faction Leader: Someone new.

However this really doesn't work for a Burning Legion expansion pack or one set on Draenor or other planets. I'm still hoping that The Dark Below is the expansion with a Naga theme ...

Horde:
    Ogres

Stonemaul Ogres. Already a part of the Horde but finally playable. Starting zone ... a phased Dustwallow Marsh?

Classes: Warrior, Mage, Shaman, Warlock, Hunter?, Priest (think of the ones in Shadow Form in Zangarmarsh), Death Knight? (Since the Lich King has always been able to raise them ... but he just hasn't.)
    Mount: Thunderlizards? My friend said that might be too similar to the Mushan mount ... he suggested boars. Ogres riding big battle boars sounds pretty cool :P
    City: Orgrimmar - Redecorate the Goblin Slums and move them out to Bilgewater Harbour ... it's big enough to be a City anyway.
    Faction Leader: Rexxar

Could work because there are Ogres on Outland/Draenor too, and they fit into a very primal, warlordish culture.