View Poll Results: Which Draenor do you want to fight the Warlords of?

Voters
174. This poll is closed
  • Old Draenor

56 32.18%
  • Unexplored Remnant of Draenor

78 44.83%
  • Boub pulled another Corgis

40 22.99%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Warlords of Draenor. Which Draenor do you want?

So we finally have it. We finally have that much-desired name for Expansion V. Which I suppose I can file away in the list of "words I came up with that will never be used again." Ha ha~ *animal crossing laughter emote*

Anyway, we've got a lot of debate here but one thing hasn't really been touched on yet. Exactly what is the Draenor in WoD? Well IMO there's two likely outcomes here.

1. It is Old Draenor from before Warcraft 2? Where the Orcs are running rampant over the planet and we're sent back in time by the Bronze Flight to stop Grom Hellscream who has turned evil? We could see all our old favorites again in their prime, and it would have no impact on the present due to the fact it would be an alternate timeline.

Or

2. Is it a remnant of Draenor we haven't been to yet? This would be centered less on the Bronze Dragons and more on the Legion Invasion that Wrathon foresaw. It could be a great time to introduce Ogres to the Horde, or Ethereal, or Demon Hunters. It would also move the lore forward, but at the cost of many lore characters who have already died not being there.

So which option would you personally prefer. If you want one but expect the other, feel free to drop a post about why you feel Blizz will go with the "wrong" option.

Edit 1.1: Boub pulled another corgis is meant to include both "Boub was trolled" and "boub is misdirecting us"

Edit 1.2: Outland revamp could be part of either option. Personally I think it'd fit Option 2 more.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2013-11-01 at 10:27 PM.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I think it could be a bit of both.

Mostly option 2, but going back in time for a major patch with Grommash.

I would LOVE to see Grom Hellscream in game. please please please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Or a fourth option that its not Warlords of Draenor at all and Boub is wrong.. again.. but i picked 3 lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    Or a fourth option that its not Warlords of Draenor at all and Boub is wrong.. again..
    That's why I put the Corgis thing. I had meant for it to cover both "boub is misdirecting us" and "someone trolled boub."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    I think it could be a bit of both.

Mostly option 2, but going back in time for a major patch with Grommash.

I would LOVE to see Grom Hellscream in game. please please please!
    Why would you want to see (kill), one of the greatest heroes of warcraft...

Deleted
    ...Or is it current Draenor revamped? I wouldn't mind that as part of an expansion, but not as the whole thing for obvious reasons.

As for your options, I really don't mind either way. Time travel could open up some interesting possibilities and would allow us to get back to the roots of Warcraft lore. But it risks turning into a complete mess. A new Draenor fragment would be simpler with more possibility for brand new lore, but could come across as a bit random. Why have we just discovered it now? (it's not like we're wandering about in space.) and why do we need to go to it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by topcatti View Post
    Actually, it could stand that if Option 2 is the way they go that we see a CoT instance around Grom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    ...Or is it current Draenor revamped? I wouldn't mind that as part of an expansion, but not as the whole thing for obvious reasons.

As for your options, I really don't mind either way. Time travel could open up some interesting possibilities and would allow us to get back to the roots of Warcraft lore. But it risks turning into a complete mess. A new Draenor fragment would be simpler with more possibility for brand new lore, but could come across as a bit random. Why have we just discovered it now? (it's not like we're wandering about in space.) and why do we need to go to it?
    Actually current Draenor revamped could be part of Option 2, where Blizz revamps Outland but then adds a new "floating landmass" to the east of it that's for 90-??

Deleted
    I hate the way Blizzard does time travel, actually I hate the way most stories deals with time travel, because it usually doesn't make sense and it all ends up in one big bloody mess. I haven't liked a single one of the Caverns of Time Dungeons so far so I really don't have much faith in Blizzard there. I would much prefer to explore a different part of Draenor, or revisit Outland but in today's form (which would have to be completely overhauled like Cataclysm).

Quote Originally Posted by topcatti View Post
    Or maybe it would have nothing to do with Killing him? Why do you instantly go negative?

Maybe we would have some part of ending Mannoroth?

All i said is i want to see my favorite wow character in game, nothing more.

So,,... we are getting cataclysm 2.0 ?? (if it is revamping Outland with some new zones for the end game)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    So,,... we are getting cataclysm 2.0 ?? (if it is revamping Outland with some new zones for the end game)
    It looks like we're getting one of two things.

World of Warcraft: Dr. Who

or

World of Warcraft: Crusadeaclysm

- - - Updated - - -

Actually impressed with how tight this is. I was expecting one to pull far and away.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It looks like we're getting one of two things.

World of Warcraft: Dr. Who

or

World of Warcraft: Crusadeaclysm

- - - Updated - - -

Actually impressed with how tight this is. I was expecting one to pull far and away.
    please, it's:

Whorld of Whorcraft or Son of Burning Crusade

None.

I don't think this expansion will happen on Draenor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    please, it's:

Whorld of Whorcraft or Son of Burning Crusade
    I should have made those the poll options. Oh half the posts would be calling me out for bad poll names.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, i'd love to see it be exploration into more of the shattered remnants of Draenor than LOLTIMETRAVEL

If it is time traveling back before Draenor was destroyed and transformed in floating island IS a revamp. It is going to be like cataclysm in therms of gameplay and exploration, we are going to have the same world, just not ruined and with more life and less demons walking freely.

To be honest, this is (sadly for me) the most probable option. We are going to travel back when draenor was not outland

BTW Warlords DOESNT only apply to characters of the horde. Warlord can be a general or a hero fo the alliance too "---cough----Nobody has seen Alleria and Turalyon---cough-.-"

They just decided to use the therm "Warlord" because Warchief was more related to the Horde and Garrosh itself , and not "heroes" because heroes describes good people

Warlords can be : Guldam, Grom (he was not good during WC2, face it) Chogall, Bladefist, Alleria, Tyralyon and the other characters of the Alliance that traveled to Outland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    If it is time traveling back before Draenor was destroyed and transformed in floating island IS a revamp. It is going to be like cataclysm in therms of gameplay and exploration, we are going to have the same world, just not ruined and with more life and less demons walking freely.

To be honest, this is (sadly for me) the most probable option. We are going to travel back when draenor was not outland

BTW Warlords DOESNT only apply to characters of the horde. Warlord can be a general or a hero fo the alliance too "---cough----Nobody has seen Alleria and Turalyon---cough-.-"

They just decided to use the therm "Warlord" because Warchief was more related to the Horde and Garrosh itself , and not "heroes" because heroes describes good people

Warlords can be : Guldam, Grom (he was not good during WC2, face it) Chogall, Bladefist, Alleria, Tyralyon and the other characters of the Alliance that traveled to Outland
    Well then we walk face-first into the issue of time travel.

If we wreck Grom in the past, who kills Mannaroth? If Mannoroth lives, does Archimond win?

Will we return to Azeroth having been destroyed 10 years ago, or will it "all be a dream?"

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well then we walk face-first into the issue of time travel.

If we wreck Grom in the past, who kills Mannaroth? If Mannoroth lives, does Archimond win?

Will we return to Azeroth having been destroyed 10 years ago, or will it "all be a dream?"
    I just want to be wrong and want blizzard to do a COMPLETLY unrelated area to explore, with new enemies, races and dangers totally unrelated to the burning crusade exp. I mean, I have nothing against BC , just dont want to play it again but with better graphics and some WC2 old characters

It can be in draenor (The same world of what we have seen in BC) but I dont want to say "hey, lets explore the new zones" and discover that they look a lot like Nagrad and Hellfire penynsula

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang, 100 votes in and the Corgis voters could swing it either way. I should have had them specify which they would want it to be anyway.

Either way, also very surprised Time Travel isn't ahead like 80%-20%. I guess level heads do prevail in the end, hope the same can be said about Blizz.

I think it's more likely that the old portals of Draenor reopen, and orcs who don't know anything of what's happened since they jump through return and attack Azeroth.

It would give some conflict in Azeroth, Draenor, and portals to other worlds that could really be anything and anywhere. For all we know there are orc and human enclaves that have been banded together fighting the legion for the past decade getting along much better than those left in the relative peace of Azeroth.

Anyway, exploring dimensional isolation gives you a lot of interesting directions to go; anywhere from Lord of the Flies, to Swiss Family Robinson.