Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    Legal reasons?
    Honda has some bikes trademarked as Grom.

It's absolute bullshit, as a Bike trademark has no bearing on a fictional character.

Please note I don't believe that leak one bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah I re-read it and removed it from my last post lol. But yeah, still thinking he just fucked up Grom and Garrosh. I don't see Blizzard doing a whole time travel expansion, though there is that GC interview....
    GC says a lot of stuff that doesn't come to pass.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    Are you serious? MOP being very enjoyable? Its worse than cata! And no way theres gonna be a bigger outrage than mop no way in hell.
    I enjoyed it more than cata

whatever, I think that it is going offtopic, what I am trying to say, is that they are taking a major risk because , now that they are going to deliver something that a lot of fans have wanted during too many years, if it sucks or it is not like they expected, the dissapointment is going to be WORSE than with mop

I mean, a Bigger expectation can create a Bigger dissapointment

That is the idea.

And no, the fact that the Burnign Legion is going to be the main theme, doesnt mean that it cant be dissapointment.

Lets say that they decide to make Illidan a good person , he chop his horns and malfurion die, then he marry with Tyrande. Or we discover that Sargeras was really dead all the time and the burning legion was just an illusion or , man, what most people are complain, that this exp is about returning to the past and kill Grom.

What I am saying is that there are many ways to make this suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honda has some bikes trademarked as Grom.

It's absolute bullshit, as a Bike trademark has no bearing on a fictional character.
    GROM is a TM of other things as well.

http://www.discoverysciences.com/upl...omServices.pdf

10+ Year Old Account
    GROM is a TM of other things as well.

http://www.discoverysciences.com/upl...omServices.pdf
    Still has no legal bearing over a fictional character's name.

If the expansion was "Wrath of Grom" then maybe.

Sure thing, here's the full quote of his post.

It can be hard to find as the guy didn't call it a leak, or state the name of the expansion. The thread was just "Wow-want to know what happens next"
    Lol you can tell that guy is lying.

1: Legal reasons? Grom's name is Grommash. People just shorten it to Grom.

2: Says reforge is changing, but the sentence then changes to transmog. lol

3: Actually the card is a golden murloc that searches your deck for 1 other murloc. See what i did there?

4: Titan has been put on hold. They most likely wouldn't be trademarking anything for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Lol you can tell that guy is lying.

1: Legal reasons? Grom's name is Grommash. People just shorten it to Grom.

2: Says reforge is changing, but the sentence then changes to transmog. lol

3: Actually the card is a golden murloc that searches your deck for 1 other murloc. See what i did there?

4: Titan has been put on hold. They most likely wouldn't be trademarking anything for it.
    Also read his language. "Bunch of loose-lipped employees" "special thanks to:"

He sounds like a guy who's bent out of shape over a forum ban trying to ger revenge on some CMs.

He was considered a rumor/troll until this trademark came out.

He nailed the name, so he's now got a following of people that think "he got the name, the rest must be true" and people that just want Time Travel.
    He nailed nothing, since the previous big "leak" of The Dark Below had a huge amount of support over what turned out to be a false trademark application.
    The domain was parked for FREE a month ago.
    The sources are equally dubious and questionable, like with others previously being just "generic" blizzard employees.

The trademark came out AFTER the so-called leaks.
    I call that a desperate attempt to support a weak argument which was already dismissed by a lot of people over contradictory, inconsistent information.

For the sources being so loose-lipped, we actually got told very little that is not already popular in discussion a long time prior to this.
    Non-inventory transmog, time travel for older content, burning legion, azshara and so on.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-11-02 at 02:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    He nailed nothing, since the previous big "leak" of The Dark Below had a huge amount of support over what turned out to be a false trademark application.
    The domain was parked for FREE a month ago.
    The sources are equally dubious and questionable, like with others previously being just "generic" blizzard employees.

The trademark came out AFTER the so-called leaks.
    Either way, he's got boub on board saying the trademark is for real. So he's going to be the man of the week until Friday.

An expansion with a time-travel element wouldn't be surprising in the least, though. There's a whole random quest chain on Timeless Isle that focuses on different timeways and stuff...why else would they add something like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaze950 View Post
    An expansion with a time-travel element wouldn't be surprising in the least, though. There's a whole random quest chain on Timeless Isle that focuses on different timeways and stuff...why else would they add something like that?
    It wouldn't be surprising given the 5.4 stuff. But 5.4 had time travel really as a very minor tertiary (3rd) plot on the place.

The "leak" says that Time Travel would be THE key plot.

Still has no legal bearing over a fictional character's name.

If the expansion was "Wrath of Grom" then maybe.
    Exactly, so how can there be "legal issues"?

I think you might be getting worked up over this whole time travel thing.

Time travel could be the new phasing. We may time travel as such, but only to be brought back to current time to advance the story.

Deleted
    On the reforging, GC mentioned sometime ago that he doesn't like how reforging turned out and wanted to change or even scrap it. That's most likely where the guy got this idea from.
    It's very unlikely to happen though, as it would piss off everyone who bought a Grand Reforger Yak for 120k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, so how can there be "legal issues"?

I think you might be getting worked up over this whole time travel thing.

Time travel could be the new phasing. We may time travel as such, but only to be brought back to current time to advance the story.
    Oh I probably am and "Time Travel" was just a mistranslation of the 'Timewalker' feature Boub posted on a few days ago.

But let's face it, there's still 33% of people I polled (Which Draenor do you want, probably page 3 or 4 by now) that think Time Travel means we're going back and re-living WC2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    On the reforging, GC mentioned sometime ago that he doesn't like how reforging turned out and wanted to change or even scrap it. That's most likely where the guy got this idea from.
    It's very unlikely to happen though, as it would piss off everyone who bought a Grand Reforger Yak for 120k.
    Could be, though I wonder what not needing the item could mean. Unless if the guy combined two bullet points into one.

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    Are you serious? MOP being very enjoyable? Its worse than cata! And no way theres gonna be a bigger outrage than mop no way in hell.
    I like this expansion, I just hate the theme and the childish way they did the panda race etc. Overall, they gave us a lot of content and it was fun.

considering there's been time travel in every expansion to date, there will more then likely be time travel in the next one. do people really believe there won't be? that's funny.

Either way, he's got boub on board saying the trademark is for real. So he's going to be the man of the week until Friday.
    Yes, and there was equally such support for The Dark Below from many, including if I recall Boub.

If someone can point out something that is so different, something that offers more credibility than the now defunct Dark Below then you have my attention.
    There is so far nothing any more credible about that trademark than any other.
    A domain parked for no cost could be done by anyone, nothing having come out to suggest a link beyond the name.

I will willingly admit to being wrong should it be proven to be correct, but as of yet nobody has offered anything better than we had for The Dark Below.
    And people were caught by that hook, line and sinker.

But let's face it, there's still 33% of people I polled (Which Draenor do you want, probably page 3 or 4 by now) that think Time Travel means we're going back and re-living WC2.
    33% of what % of WoW's fan base?

That poll is useless. There are constant posts on here about flying mounts being the root of all evil and that Blizzard should do away with them. Doesn't mean it is going to happen.

He wasn't the only one who talked about time travel. There was a Chinese website that first leaked about time travel. Google that. Secondly, the name is pretty precise, I don't think that was just a lucky guess. I almost expect more trademarks to come out just to throw more people off lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    Since there is a lot of people asking for a Burning Legion expansion again (and seems that it is almos offciial that we are going to get one at last) Blizzard is taking a lot of risks, even more than doing something totally new

For example, when Blizzard announced MOP , something totally new, there was a nerdrage but at the end ,since nobody exactly knows what to expected, it ended to be a very enjoyable expansion

Now that Burning Legion is returning, what would happen if Blizzard deliver it and it has nothing to do with most fans expected or decired, or if is not what they envicioned during all those years waiting for the return of the Legion? The rageee is going to be WORSE than with MOP
    TBC going into the portal didn't cause problems. And you can argue those of us who played the game were the most hardcore of the Warcraft nerds, and probably most knowledgeable of it's lore. I don't recall much negative reaction to WotLK either, as Arthas' story was probably the most well known as WC3 revolved heavily around him. Cataclysm was a cool idea, and aside from Thrall Jesus, I don't know many people who really had a problem with it lorewise. Cata's problems came from a gameplay standpoint.

I think Burning Legion is something this game needs again. So much of the major events in the previous games were centred around them, and the game makes heavy use of demonology and corruption. A Burning Legion xpac can also make very good use of The Caverns of Time as well. It's also a solid theme to bring the Draenei and Blood Elves back into the forefront as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real risk of a BL expansion are the dozens and dozens of topics about it that all seem to ignore the fact there are already dozens and dozens of other topics about it.