Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Will the Draenei take a more prominent role?

After the Horde have had such major roles in previous expansions (Cataclysm & to some extent MoP) do you think Warlords of Draenor will focus on and give the alliance more of a story, if so, are there even any major Draenei characters with whom we can all get behind?

I am sure we will see the horde storyline of Vol'jin also play out in some way as well, but still the 'focus' should be on the Draenei telling the story? Can the Draenei carry an expansion is my next question...
    Hi

The Draenei didn't do too much until the Orcs on Draenor were mislead to think the Draenei were bad though... even when that happened they kinda just ran away like the French.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    After the Horde have had such major roles in previous expansions (Cataclysm & to some extent MoP) do you think Warlords of Draenor will focus on and give the alliance more of a story, if so, are there even any major Draenei characters with whom we can all get behind?

I am sure we will see the horde storyline of Vol'jin also play out in some way as well, but still the 'focus' should be on the Draenei telling the story? Can the Draenei carry an expansion is my next question...

I'm sure it will just turn into another Horde centered story like how the orcs want to atone for nearly wiping em out ect ending with Thrall becoming the new leader of the burning legion or some other bunch of bs lol.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly depends on the situation. If Time Travel is involved, expect it to center on the Orcs. If it's a straight up legion expansion, Dreanei get to be cool again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

well it's not as if they could get any LESS prominent....

It's called Warlords of Draenor. I imagine the Dranei will have a fairly big role.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Horde player, I hope so. The Alliance, especially the Draenei, deserve more lore and attention.

As a fan of Draenei and Draenei lore, I would love it if they get attention. And I don't see a better time than now (if WoD is the expansion)

10+ Year Old Account
    How much lore is out there for Draenei already, what sort of characters might we expect to interact with and get to know.

Sort of how like we had Taran Zhu, Chen Stormstout etc for pandaria characters.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly depends on the situation. If Time Travel is involved, expect it to center on the Orcs. If it's a straight up legion expansion, Dreanei get to be cool again.
    What do you mean by again ? They were never cool. Unless you consider "draenei got slaughtered by [evil organization here]" as something cool.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    What do you mean by again ? They were never cool. Unless you consider "draenei got slaughtered by [evil organization here]" as something cool.
    I liked them in BC.

Then they just stopped being around.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    As a Horde player, I hope so. The Alliance, especially the Draenei, deserve more lore and attention.
    Yup, I agree. I'm mainly a Horde player but I also play on Alliance and enjoy playing as Draenei and I think it's kind of annoying how Draenei haven't had much of a story since BC. Hopefully this new expansion will make up for all those years that Blizzard has been ignoring them. The Alliance as a whole too needs to have a chance to have a more dominant story this time. I mean I love Horde and I enjoyed playing through Cata and especially MoP but they were mostly focused on the Horde with Thrall playing Captain Planet in Cata and then Garrosh being the main boss in MoP and all the events that happened during MoP that lead up to that moment. I think it's about time Alliance get a turn to be in the spotlight for once. More specifically, the Draenei.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    *coff* Gnomes *coff*

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPussy View Post
    It's called Warlords of Draenor. I imagine the Dranei will have a fairly big role.
    Draenor is technically the name of the planet they stole from the Orcs. If they hadn't been wimps and ran from the Burning Legion then the Legion wouldn't have come to Draenor and they wouldn't have corrupted the Orcs. The Orcs being corrupted and invading Azeroth is a direct result of the Draenei being losers and the Alliance should finish the job that the Legion started by slaughtering all of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Draenei are the coolest race. It's a scientific fact.

From the sounds of it this will once again be another Horde-fest expansion, but hopefully the Alliance will get it's time to shine as well. If we're staying in the present then there's plenty of opportunity for the Draenei to take front and centre. If we're in the past, changing the time lines we could inspire the Draenei to take a more active stance against the Orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    How much lore is out there for Draenei already, what sort of characters might we expect to interact with and get to know.

Sort of how like we had Taran Zhu, Chen Stormstout etc for pandaria characters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5i_Q7qVBVo
    This is basically the entire story of the Draenei.

To the point of the thread, I want to have the Draenei lore expanded. In WotLK, there were 3 named Draenei in Howling Fjord / Borean Tundra. In Cataclysm, we had a couple of female Shamans in the Earthen Ring. In MoP, we only had one Draenei medic in service of SI:7.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vovohard View Post
    *coff* Gnomes *coff*
    useless joke race, no thanks

OT: I hope so the draenei are awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vovohard View Post
    *coff* Gnomes *coff*
    go away gnomes no one likes you!!

OT: it would make sense for them to get some love this time around blizzard seemed to notice the bloodelves had been rather neglected so they got some love in ToT I would guess the draenei are next
    Last edited by mmoce026f1ce64; 2013-11-02 at 06:25 PM.

Deleted
    Draenor might be the orcish homeplanet, but the Draenei had the biggest civilization on the planet before the Rise of the Horde. Just look at present Outland, the number of Draenei ruins on almost all over the place, from Shattrath to the Temple of Karabor, from Zangarmarsh to the Fields of Farahlon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    If we're in the past, changing the time lines we could inspire the Draenei to take a more active stance against the Orcs.
    What active stance? The orcs were tribal and far from the Draenei centers. Are you implying that the Draenei should do the same that the Orcs did to them?

The will. If they will be still alive...aha..ahAhha.AHAHAhahhAHAHH.AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!11111AHAHH111