Extra Life Charity Streaming Thread.

I want to know if it is ok If I made a individual thread in the Video Games discussion forum (I won't be just playing WoW) about my participation in a charity streaming event that is going to happen on Nov 2nd. It is called Extra Life and it is pretty well known, infact one of the sponsors is twitch tv themselves. Here is more about the charity event itself http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm? Anyways due to the fact it is for charity and not just some simple stream that I want to make my own thread. I noticed that not 1 but 2 threads http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ty+raid+stream and http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ty+raid+stream

were posted and weren't warned or moved to the streaming thread that is on the WoW general forum. So I am assuming that it is not against the rules to do this. However, it could be that mods missed it or just don't care since it is for a good cause. Is it ok for me to make such a thread? I am afraid that posting it in the normal streaming thread will not get it noticed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its counted as advertising. But if you ask nice you can maybe get a permission. (anything that is charity, buy shirts, watch streams and so on)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Well like I posted, not 1 but 2 threads in were posted in WoW general and got over 2 pages each. With that said, I tried contacting sunshine and their inbox is full. I am hoping for a mod response here since they seem to frequently answer questions on this forum. I will ask a mod who mods the general video game forums in awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as there is no referral link (eg, you get money or something for posting it), this particular charity stream can be posted in Stream Stickies only in General Discussions and Raids & Dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    So I am assuming that it is not against the rules to do this. However, it could be that mods missed it or just don't care since it is for a good cause. Is it ok for me to make such a thread? I am afraid that posting it in the normal streaming thread will not get it noticed.
    Yes, it is against the rules to do this. Read the FAQs
    Advertising on MMO-Champion
    Advertisements for non-beneficial and/or non-related websites, businesses and/or organisations are not allowed on MMO-Champion.
    You have to have permission to post any advertisement even if it is for charity to link to the website for the event.