Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The possibility of seafaring was very exciting for me. If we go back to Outland there'd be anything but seas to fare...
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

remember SSC was in outlands/draenor.

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor has no flow to me.. too much repetition with the Wars being right next to eachother. A small thing but I think the Blizz marketing team is smarter than that.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Blizz are so clever, they can do an expansion without even having to do any new zones or maps. Just land everyone in Outland and do TBC with little bit different bosses and loot. Oh and this time TBC for casuals.

I don't mean to hate, but it amazes me how much stock people put into a name. I know speculation is fun and all, and a good title is important, but damn.

Unless I'm missing something, there are only two facts as of right now:
    1) The Dark Below looked like it was going to be the title of the new expansion for a while.
    2) Warlords of Draenor now seems to be much more likely to be the name of the new expansion.

Both of those titles have three words, and it's honestly baffling to me how much speculation has gone down because of them. I mean, really, people saying they're upset or bummed because the three words they preferred and grew accustomed to ended up changing to three other words? C'mon.

I realize a lot can be taken from a name, lore-wise, but jeez. Take it easy guys. I mean... Had Blizz not told us themselves, I doubt anyone would have guessed that Mists would end in the dethroning of Garrosh. Or the concept of what sha is. You know what I mean? Sure, a title can let you know big characters (Wrath, for example), but there's no way three words are going to let you know how the expansion is going to work. No matter how much thought you put into trying to predict how the expansion is going to play out, you're going to be wrong.

Way back when I first read about the Mists of Pandaria trademark, I didn't instantly think "flexible raids, realm mergers, world bosses, bonus rolls." No matter how much of a lore junkie you are, the biggest part of an expansion is the features that are added. A name simply isn't going to do that.

And if I remember right, people were pretty stoked about a title called Cataclysm... and we saw how that went.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    I'm just gunna kinda relax & wait untill Next Friday for the Announcement, my sig explains how I feel.
    Lol you need to stop changing your mind, Yesterday your sig said you were wrong, Now you're back on it? I'm excited to see what it will actually be, I think WoD is a much better sounding name for WoW, And I think it will be, if they do something for the 20th (in terms of a new game) I think it will be TM'd closer to the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just gunna kinda relax & wait untill Next Friday for the Announcement, my sig explains how I feel.
    The feeling you're having is called denial. Soon you'll go over into acceptance. 7 more days.

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    The feeling you're having is called denial. Soon you'll go over into acceptance. 7 more days.

Warlords of Draenor believers are as obnoxious as The Dark Below believers. Funny to see them going "no, you're more obnoxious!" at eachother for three threads/1 sec every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    The Old Gods aren't? Azshara isn't?

OT: I prayed that it wasn't going to be The Dark Below, however, my prayers may have been answered with Time Travel...Talk about a rock and a hard place, eh?

Azshara has motive. Old Gods are chaotic creatures. It might not be intriguing to you, but it's more compelling that "I CAN AND WILL DESTROY THIS BECAUSE I CAN."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Actually no. I think it might be wise for WoW to find itself again. A timetravel expansion with heavy retconning has been lurking around the corner, we just didn't know when it would come. But we all kinda suspected it would come, didn't we? In our heart of hearts? This is a good chance for Blizzard to regain some subs and go forward in a clearer direction and make the Azshara expansion worthy of the light of lights.

I'm bummed we haven't seen an Azshara expansion yet, but I am very happy it doesn't come when the game is bleeding subs like now.
    I don't know if time travel back to re-cover existing lore is going to bring subs back. It might lose them some. "Wait, why would I want to go back and do this all again...? I already know what is going to happen..."

Timetravel for Caverns of Time worked okay because 1) it was a handful of instances not entire expansions 2) you knew that all you were doing was stopping the Infinite from changing the existing events, not changing the outcome yourself. An ENTIRE EXPANSION to go back and stop someone from changing the past? Ew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Warlords of Draenor believers are as obnoxious as The Dark Below believers. Funny to see them going "no, you're more obnoxious!" at eachother for three threads/1 sec every day.
    There's a difference. The head of this site personally called this trademark as the WoW Expansion. I'll believe in him a million times faster than i'd do all those people vomiting crazy theories about how The Dark Below is the next expansion because they saw a blob that looked like Ozumat on the bottom of their tea cups.

There's a difference. The head of this site personally called this trademark as the WoW Expansion. I'll believe in him a million times faster than i'd do all those people vomiting crazy theories about how The Dark Below is the next expansion because they saw a blob that looked like Ozumat on the bottom of their tea cups.

That still has nothing to do with someone being obnoxious about "THIS IS IT YOU'RE JUST IN DENIAL HAHAHA DISBELIEVER".

And I opt not to blindly believe in Boub who has shown many times before that he's not 100% infallible already, so hey? Why not let me disbelieve without being arrogant and conceited about it towards anyone?

What I'm imagining the lore to be based off the name isn't very exciting. But it's just three words, so I'll save my hype/disappointment until Friday.

Even if all of the lore is fucking terrible, and if it includes heavy time travel, it will be.... I still might buy it just on a solid feature or two: Ogres/Arakkoa playable, Ranger/Tinker class or scalable dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    That still has nothing to do with someone being obnoxious about "THIS IS IT YOU'RE JUST IN DENIAL HAHAHA DISBELIEVER".

And I opt not to blindly believe in Boub who has shown many times before that he's not 100% infallible already, so hey? Why not let me disbelieve without being arrogant and conceited about it towards anyone?
    Fair enough. But you'll see, 7 days from today we'll still see threads like "Why The Dark Below would make a better expansion than Lamelords of Draenor".

Fair enough. But you'll see, 7 days from today we'll still see threads like "Why The Dark Below would make a better expansion than Lamelords of Draenor".

I wouldn't. I like the thought of going to fight N'Zoth over going to Draenor yet again, but I rank a BL and Naga expansion right about the same. It's not like a Burning Legion expansion being the one is going to bug me, but this seems to be another case altogether.

And I don't think you're crazy to not immediately believe Boub, while some people act like it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Lol you need to stop changing your mind, Yesterday your sig said you were wrong, Now you're back on it? I'm excited to see what it will actually be, I think WoD is a much better sounding name for WoW, And I think it will be, if they do something for the 20th (in terms of a new game) I think it will be TM'd closer to the time.
    People told me to not give up & keep believing, most were people who didn't believe in the The Dark Below.

I had my sig like for like that for 20 - 30 mins mins than changed it back to what I have now.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly not really, at first I thought I was wrong, but than after a couple people msged me, I really thought about it & decided I wasn't going to give up just yet.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Couldnt care, tired of old gods at this point anyways. =/

Deleted
    People told me to not give up & keep believing, most were people who didn't believe in the The Dark Below.

I had my sig like for like that for 20 - 30 mins mins than changed it back to what I have now.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly not really, at first I thought I was wrong, but than after a couple people msged me, I really thought about it & decided I wasn't going to give up just yet.
    surrender your hopes, the dark below is fake!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't. I like the thought of going to fight N'Zoth over going to Draenor yet again, but I rank a BL and Naga expansion right about the same. It's not like a Burning Legion expansion being the one is going to bug me, but this seems to be another case altogether.

And I don't think you're crazy to not immediately believe Boub, while some people act like it is.
    To be honest the only reason I believe THB in the first place was cause Boulb posted & I treated his word like a God.

But than I started doing research & things started popping up that made alot of sense & I have stuck to it since, even when he said himself TDB wasn't the next Expansion. I continued to believe even though it may look more pale each day. Until the final word is announced than I will be able to celebrate or mourn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    surrender your hopes, the dark below is fake!
    Honestly from what the one guy posted, The Dark Below is either linked to Titan or WoW.

I personally think WoD is like linked to WC4, but will not know until next friday.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    To be honest the only reason I believe THB in the first place was cause Boulb posted & I treated his word like a God.

But than I started doing research & things started popping up that made alot of sense & I have stuck to it since, even when he said himself TDB wasn't the next Expansion. I continued to believe even though it may look more pale each day. Until the final word is announced than I will be able to celebrate or mourn.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly from what the one guy posted, The Dark Below is either linked to Titan or WoW.

I personally think WoD is like linked to WC4, but will not know until next friday.
    yes this week will feel like a decade ;(

I still think The dark below is the next wow expansion

reasons I think so:
    1. it would make no sense, what-so-ever to have a legion expansion already, The legion + Sargeras is the, and always has been, the ultimate bad guy of the warcraft universe. The expansion where we fight him for real, is going to need a bit more buildup than Wrathion going: "erhmagerd demons and shit."

2. boubs handling of it all: First saying that dark below will probably be the next expac, then a couple of days later saying it DEFINITELY wont be, just because corgis unleashed got tm'd. just because one of em is fake doesn't mean both have to be.
    I think, as someone is these forums has said before, that boub "released" the leak too soon, blizz didnt like it / somebody got in trouble, and told boub to cover it the frakk up.
    I've no idea what to write here.