DPS Proving Grounds endless 30 - unholy or frost, 2H or dual wield

Hi,

I am pretty new as DK but I decided to do DPS Proving Ground endless wave 30 with it.
    I would like to do it with the most optimal spec, weapon choice so please you who are much more professional with DK than me (I'm just leveling up one) tell me what is your experience which is the best combination for Proving Grounds endless 30 (I don't want to do more than that), unholy or frost and dual wield or 2h?

Thank you for your help!

Deleted
    It is very easy to do as unholy, the only wave you will get close with it wave 8 I think it is? With the healer, the two saurok and the two giant banshees at which point you can just combine zerker buff with unholy frenzy.

Deleted
    I personally did it as unholy with BT (Kept my frost crit reforge)

I also did it as Unholy. I haven't tried as Frost, but I think Unholy will be the easier spec since its diseases are stronger. You might want to pick up Glyph of Pestilence to make it easier to spread them. Put them out at the start, and if necessary spread them around again after 30 seconds.

Deleted
    The thing is, diseases are so strong even with that ilvl, most levels you can from the very start spread both diseases to ALL targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    The thing is, diseases are so strong even with that ilvl, most levels you can from the very start spread both diseases to ALL targets.
    I found this as well, you get diseases on all targets very easily ( pest glyph needed on some waves) and then go around single targeting the targets down. Often when you get to the last two, they will be 1 or 2 globals from dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    So no one has tried this on 2H frost?

I got to 13 or 14 my first time but I didn't try again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

I did on PTR, to wave 42 I think it was, but not on live.

Unholy definitely has an advantage through smart SR usage as well as its ridiculously strong diseases, but any spec is fine up to wave 30. Did my first try ever in Endless up to wave 48 as DW.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I got to wave 37 as 2H Frost on live, wrote a guide awhile back here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...K-Guide-in-OP)

2H is probably better than DW simply because it has way better burst. This is just anecdotal as I havent really tried both on endless just gold...and I found 2H miles easier
    Kengos-Frost/Blood DK:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...engos/advanced
    Genndori-Ele/Resto Shaman:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndori/advanced
    Battletag-Genndori#1959

Deleted
    Yeah I did it with DW personally, just because I was already mastery gemmed and rolled with it. I'd say 2H would be better as frost too with the burst it offers. Str gemming would have also helped I'd say with the scaling at that item level

I did it fine on live as 2h frost. I would suggest haste reforge though.

unholy totally is the way to go. wave 95 after about 5 trys

I've only done proving grounds endless once, as 2h frost I got to 30 and got bored of the repetitiveness, I ended up just quitting at ~35 because it was putting me to sleep.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2013-11-04 at 08:06 AM.