does anyone still play kotor?

i found my old kotor 1 and 2 games and am thinking of playing em again.

I played Kotor 1 a few months ago, saw it was 2 euros on Steam and couldn't resist.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I've played Kotor 1 all the way through at least 10 times. I've only played Kotor 2 once though because honestly I hated it. It felt clunky unpolished and unfinished. Which it was matter of fact lol.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    It felt clunky unpolished and unfinished.
    it was, but most of it has been restored with official and unofficial patches, you should try it again. its a great game likst most from obsidian.

Yes. With the official/unofficial patches, you can play cut parts(Like the HK's Factory) and its like a different game(The hardest past is the fucking Factory, Aaone with Hk beeing shoot by a lot of HK enemys).

I tried playing a few months ago

I just couldn't do it, I can't go back to older games like that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    KotoR is my favorite series, after Mass Effect and Dragon Age. I tend to replay both games once a few months. KotoR 2 is excellent with the Restoration Mod, feels even better than KotoR 1 in terms of characters, dialogues and atmosphere, though I liked KotoR 1 better for its plot and cool side quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently played through both again. In KotOR 2 I tried a blaster build that was OP as hell. No need for Force powers when you are a super 'slinger. =)

Deleted
    I played both several times, but I will do that again, with propably some new mods that adds some more story to run. I personally prefer first one, second is ... meh. Especialy ending, Malachor V and killing tons of Sith, which was kinda retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently tried to play Neverwinter Nights series which is said to be very similar to KotoR and somewhat similar to Dragon Age. So I bought GoG edition which includes both games with all the official add-ons. I started the NVN1 original campaign. Loved character creation (the most complex I've ever seen). From the very beginning, the game felt exactly as KotoR 0.5 would if it existed.

But... Something felt off. I just didn't have the drive to play. Either I've played too many similar games already and tired of them, or the campaign is really not that good (and the beginning seemed too rushed: you wake up somewhere in a training camp, quickly run through a few trainees and masters, them, bam!, the building is under attack, you suddenly meet the legendary commander (Bastila 0.5), kill a few dozens goblins and thugs and, bam!, you get the mission to save four mystical animals who can save the world...). But, anyway, I just didn't feel like playing any more. Also there were a few very annoying features. The main one is, of course, the camera: Jesus Christ! The need to manually rest between battles is weird. And too many "nobody" generic persons with gossips is a pain for me as a devoted completionist.

I would have a hard time getting into that combat system again, but the game easily remains one of my favorites ever from a story perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I tried playing a few months ago

I just couldn't do it, I can't go back to older games like that anymore
    Same here =/

I have both, and have played both so many times I've memorized all the puzzles and most the dialog. I tried playing them again even with the restor mod/other planets mods. I just can't But i'll always own the discs.

I am playing it now, Awesome memories, and its the main reason i bought swtor when it was realesed