LFR. Why people love it.

I hit me not long ago. Trying to do a trade chat flex raid. So we go in and have 2 wipes and people leave. Another raid, 1 wipe, some people leave, some being guildless as well (hint).

Then I got it.

Some people are just not suited for anything that requires a bit of patience and dedication. They can't be part of a pve guild. They are just unable. It's not because they are bad players, though some are that too, it's just that they no fucking patience at all. They also lack basic social skills and find that being unable to call people noobs or retards is a big problem for them since they get kicked from guilds for doing that.

So that's it, that is why LFR is so successful. Because some people, quite a lot of them, are only worth for LFR and trade chat pugs and that's the only way they can progress.
    Last edited by Molestron; 2013-11-02 at 04:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Some people are just not suited for anything that requires a bit of patience and dedication. They can't be part of a pve guild. They are just unable. It's not because they are bad players, though some are that too, it's just that they no fucking patience at all. They also lack basic social skills and find that being unable to call people noobs or retards is a big problem for them since they get kicked from guilds for doing that.
    While there are people like that in LFR, there are others, like myself, who are active raiders and like LFR as an easy means to gear up alts that otherwise would sit around in dungeon blues and the occasional crafted epic.

LFR was invented for people who either could not commit the time and effort required to join a raid guild, could not pull together a PuG for a particular raid, or otherwise are not very much interested in actually increasing their item level and instead more interested in the storyline or obtaining transmog sets.

Oh, and yes, like the mod says, it's also used actively to gear up alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    LFR was invented for people who either could not commit the time and effort required to join a raid guild, could not pull together a PuG for a particular raid, or otherwise are not very much interested in actually increasing their item level and instead more interested in the storyline or obtaining transmog sets.

Oh, and yes, like the mod says, it's also used actively to gear up alts.
    It is also useful for switching mains to raid; I stopped raiding temporarily in MV and started again in ToT and LFR kept me current enough to leap right back into the fray.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work odd hours. I have three kids. Grown-up life happens. My ability to schedule game time at a specific time on a specific day on a regular basis is just about nil due to RL commitments.

I love LFR because it lets me play when I have the free time. Yeah, some people are jerks and like to call names and bitch and whine over every little thing. Doesn't mean everyone who enjoys LFR is like that. Frankly, OP, you sound more like one of them than one of us. 'No patience,' 'no basic social skills,' and 'only worth LFR' is precisely on a par with the 'noobs and retards' comments you're trying to pretend you're somehow above.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    I hit me not long ago. Trying to do a trade chat flex raid. So we go in and have 2 wipes and people leave. Another raid, 1 wipe, some people leave, some being guildless as well (hint).

Then I got it.

So that's it, that is why LFR is so successful. Because some people, quite a lot of them, are only worth for LFR and trade chat pugs and that's the only way they can progress.

Erm....lol?

If anything its the "hardcore" raiders looking down on LFR players and calling them n00bs or retards; could you guys get your story straight please?

Deleted
    I raid normals twice a week. This keeps my raid fix for my main happy.
    Reason I love LFR ? Get to gear alts up. Get to jump into a raid when ever I want, and its also fun.

RL commitments make it very hard to have time to set aside to be in a active raiding guild. LFR I can just jump in and have some fun minus ignoring the LFR chat which is pointless. The fights are so friggin easy yet so rare to get a group that can actually kill one or two bosses in SOO. I generally watch some netflix while i do some LFR because I get so bored from how easy it is and people keep leaving and get replaced by new people. Netflix makes it that much more tolerable Oh well beats doing dungeons for blues plus I enjoy the lore side of wow a lot.
    Last edited by Xetenor; 2013-11-02 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is wrong with letting people play their alts and gear up. not everything has to be tailored to heroic raiders.

don't like it, don't do it. pretty simple stuff really. it's all about having your cake AND eating it as well.
    Hi