Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Weren't they called Gronn?

http://wowpedia.org/Gronn
    Earth Giant, whom the Gronn descended from
    http://wowpedia.org/Earth_giant
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Grom could mean "Giant" and Grommash could be something like "Giant Warrior"
    It means Giant's Heart. Like how Dranosh means Heart of Draenor or Garrosh means Warrior's Heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Pretty much the major points I have so far are collected in my sig. My theory on what it all means, the truth behind the Grom statement, the 12 Space Suits, and also why I dislike/doubt Time Travel.

Only other thing is I think the leaker put Time Walking through his translator and it cranked out Time Traveling. Timewalking being a system on the front page a few days back (page 2 now) that let us scale down our gear and possibly level for old isntances.

Edit: I have now included a link to the Timewalking newspost in my sig as well.
    You know it´s the "gronn" you´re referring to and not "grom"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You know it´s the "gronn" you´re referring to and not "grom"?
    Gronn and Grom are different things. Grom are like bigger, two eyed Gronn.

Multiple scenarios I'm going with:

Warlords of Draenor:
    -Level Cap raised to 100.
    -New Continent: Another planet instead of another portion of Draenor
    -Plot will involve going through another portal to another world
    -We'll quest through this new planet and meet Alleria and Turalyon as they escaped through a portal to another world before Draenor's implosion
    -New Hero Class: Demon Hunter or none
    -New Class: Tinkerer or Ranger or none
    -High elves for Alliance and Ogres for the Horde (or sub-races; or both; or none)
    -New character models not at release but later through a patch

The South Seas:
    -New Continent: Ny'alotha/Nazjatar (as well as a new zone for playable Naga)
    -Plot will involve killing Queen Azshara (effectively dismantling the enemy Naga faction) and defeating N'Zoth
    -We'll quest through this new continent to find out about the mythical Ny'alotha and defeat the Naga queen
    -New Hero Class: none
    -Naga as a neutral race (or sub-races; or both; or none)

The Emerald Dream:
    -New Continent: The Emerald Dream (Kalimdor pre-Sundering)
    -Plot will involve finding out more about the Emerald Nightmare as well as its influencer (while possibly killing or defeating him/her as well)
    -We'll quest through this new continent to find out more about the Emerald Nightmare and how to end its corruption and spreading
    -New Hero Class: none
    -High elves for Alliance and Ogres for Horde (or sub-races; or both; or none)

This is just my speculation on it.
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2013-11-02 at 10:56 PM.

Time travel is incredibly tricky to execute from a continuity perspective. Your actions can NEVER alter your own history if present day continuity is to be maintained. The ONLY way it works without unmaking the present is to do it like it's been done in the previous Caverns of Time dungeons with the Infinite Dragonflight where there is already an out-of-time influence trying to mess with the timelines.

However, there is an inherent flaw in using this as a story-telling device which is that everyone knows how it ends. Even if there is some minor ret-conning of the details, the overall outcome is the same. Everyone who lived/died in the past MUST live/die again otherwise you're adding/removing/altering family trees which would create relationships/events that should never have been. Additionally, anyone sent back in time MUST either return to the present or die so that they don't inadvertently alter history in such a way that results in a present where they are never born.

This ends up being very boring lore-wise because regardless of your actions as a player, once you come back to the present absolutely nothing in the present day story changes and all you've got is 1.5-2 years of filler content.

Any deviation from the above, may make for a better/different story, but doing so would break history.
    Last edited by Zeldaveritas; 2013-11-02 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    No increased level cap

the race Arakkoa to some faction

no new class, instead more effort will be put in making the existing classes more destinct

world pvp objectives

LFR removed (flex taking over)

LFD removed at lvl 90 (can be used while leveling but at 90 → not usable)

and a constant thunderstorm that will prevent all flying (except flight paths) all the time (flying removed)
    worst expansion of any video game ever 0/10 wow would lose all subscribers.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaveritas View Post
    Time travel is incredibly tricky to execute from a continuity perspective. Your actions can NEVER alter your own history if present day continuity is to be maintained. The ONLY way it works without unmaking the present is to do it like it's been done in the previous Caverns of Time dungeons with the Infinite Dragonflight where there is already an out-of-time influence trying to mess with the timelines.

However, there is an inherent flaw in using this as a story-telling device which is that everyone knows how it ends. Even if there is some minor ret-conning of the details, the overall outcome is the same. Everyone who lived/died in the past MUST live/die again otherwise you're adding/removing/altering family trees which would create relationships/events that should never have been. Additionally, anyone sent back in time MUST either return to the present or die so that they don't inadvertently alter history in such a way that results in a present where they are never born.

This ends up being very boring lore-wise because regardless of your actions as a player, once you come back to the present absolutely nothing in the present day story changes and all you've got is 1.5-2 years of filler content.

Any deviation from the above, may make for a better/different story, but doing so would break history.
    The obvious solution therefore is to start breaking some history. It's just a matter of finding the right balance between changing things and keeping things the same. I feel if that balance is found, a time travel expansion would actually breathe new life into the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    worst expansion of any video game ever 0/10 wow would lose all subscribers.
    hey a man can dream ^^

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords of Draenor sounds like Hearthstone.

Heroes of Azeroth
    Warlords of Draenor

Study that carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Warlords of Draenor sounds like Hearthstone.

Heroes of Azeroth
    Warlords of Draenor

Study that carefully.
    I do not think anyone is denying they look similar, but it doesn't prove that it's hearthstone. Especially because the trademark has game disks.

Whats the reasoning behind Arakoa being the new alliance race? What lore is there that they would want to join it? We only saw them during BC and they seemed to stick to themselves.

My prediction/guess/wishlist is:
    -Warlords of Draenor as the title
    -Level Cap raised to 100
    -Item level squish implemented
    -New Continent: On a previously unexplored planet or portion of Outland/Draenor not previously visited
    -Plot consists of us following the Legion after they strike against Azeroth
    -New Hero Class: Demon Hunter
    -No new races, but some updated race models on expansion release with others following throughout the patch cycle

-In a patch between Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor, Garrosh will visit his father Grom in the past (just an explanation I can think of for why Garrosh is still alive and why the vision on Timeless Isle shows Anduin visiting him)
    -Changes to Outland and Northrend intro quests to make it clearer that the player is going back in time witnessing those events, or preventing the Infinite Dragonflight from tampering with them (based on 5.4 interview with Dave Kosak where he mentioned they'd like to make it more clear)

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I do not think anyone is denying they look similar, but it doesn't prove that it's hearthstone. Especially because the trademark has game disks.
    Nope, it doesn't prove it at all.

But after the last couple snafus, I'm thinking outside the box about this whole deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpen88 View Post
    Whats the reasoning behind Arakoa being the new alliance race? What lore is there that they would want to join it? We only saw them during BC and they seemed to stick to themselves.
    Im not sure if there is any lore and I cant tell you why other people want them. I want them because I think they look pretty awesome, simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpen88 View Post
    Groups of them worship the Light, they have good reason to dislike the Horde as the Old Horde would have slaughtered them alongside the Draenei, and they're just generally cool and mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Im not sure if there is any lore and I cant tell you why other people want them. I want them because I think they look pretty awesome, simple as that.

Noice

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going with The Dark Below..

-LvL cap to 100
    -Azshara/N'zoth are main baddies
    -Cities risen from the sea that were once lost
    -Underwater/Above water zones
    -Dynamic questing/exploration bonus type lvling. similar to timless isle

Lets hope .....

Hunters gonna be OP the first patch(es)
    Casters gonna wreck ass mid season
    Melee owning last season

Pet battles gonna get 151 new pets.
    2 out of all the new tier sets is gonna look good, the rest medicore at best. (i suspect its going to be Mage and Deathknight.)
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    If they revamp Outlands where will we go from level 60 ?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    If they revamp Outlands where will we go from level 60 ?
    Outland will be revamped and we'll have a new floating continent for 90+.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)