Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Hero Class: Dragon

Just an idea of a new race for the next expansion. "But Dragons are a race, not a class" - well, Dragons disguise themselves as other races, the race of your Dragon char would simply be the race your Dragon assume. All races have the Dragon class.

Lore: Wrathion's plans didn't turn out the way he has expecting in MoP. Now he is determined to ensure that things will turn out the way he wants. Instead of relying on adventurers he wants to create an army of followers. But the Black Dragonflight is destroyed, so he has to think on something new. Since the expansion is about Draenor, he learns about the experiments with the Nether Dragons and decides to conduct a few experiments as well. His experiments create new Dragons who can change their color and use their powers in the other race form. After the end of the experiments Wrathion wants to infiltrate the Alliance and the Horde and so orders some of his Dragons to join one of the factions, depending of which race they desguise themselves.

Dragons can only use cloth. Their weapons are daggers, staves, maces, swords and wands. Also they would have of course a dragon form, but it would be quite small, similar to Wrathion's size, since you are young. But you could fly in your Dragon form when it's allowed.

Their specs are based on their colors:

Black - Tank
    Red - Healer
    Bronze - DPS

Thought that Blue would be kind of similar to Mages, and Green to Druids, so i didn't include them.

So, liked, hated? I'm not a big expert on the lore of the Dragons, I'm eager to accept suggestions.
    Last edited by Kharum; 2013-11-02 at 07:19 PM.

Black - Tank
    Red - DPS
    Bronze - Healer

prob fits the colors better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I play as a full blown dragon? If not then LAAAAMMMMEEEE

Deleted
    I would disguise myself as an ogre and play that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You change color based on spec?

Nah, it seems a silly class concept to me. Keep it a race.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Wouldn't it be Green that does the healing, though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Black - Tank
    Red - DPS
    Bronze - Healer

Everyone always says blue is a Range DPS and than Green would be healer. There is no consistence between all these similar ideas I swear...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you want to go by the colors in WOTLK in Occulus

Red: Tank
    Green: healer
    Bronze: DPS

It makes me think a little bit like the shifting of worgens.

Im just using the colors the op used.

Dragon's also don't just change their color all willy nilly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Black - Tank
    Red - DPS
    Bronze - Healer

Black/Red - tank
    Green - healer
    Blue - range dps (caster)

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Black/Red - tank
    Green - healer
    like i said im using the colors op only used , if he said green and blue and they didnt match up with what i thought was correct i would of put it in.

I forgot to say in the OP, but i thought that Blue would be kind of similar to Mages, and Green to Druids, so i didn't include them.

Also Dragons would have of course a dragon form, but it would be quite small, similar to Wrathion's size, since you are young. But you could fly in your Dragon form when it's allowed.

Deleted
    Red is healing. You know, Alextraza the LIFEBINDER. The one you visited during the battered hilt questline to heal some guy.
    Black is dps. Deathwing the Destroyer. And his no good kid Wrathion.
    Bronze could be tanking, using time magic to avoid damage and cripple enemies.

No one cares about green and blue.

....this is.....

this is....

no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or I guess it should be:

Black - tank
    Red - healer

According to lore each dragonflight is responsible for a specific domain.

Black's domain is Earth/Protection
    Red's domain is Creation/Life
    Blue's domain is Magic

Deleted
    New Hero Class: Murloc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    New Hero Class: Murloc

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to shine!

Ahem!

There is already a class presently within World of Warcraft! It's just not a playable thing. It's called "Dragonsworn", and it is, quite basically, "one who is chosen by one of the Dragons, and was blessed". Usually, the chosen kin are Night Elves, due to Ysera and the druids sharing a bond as it is within the Emerald Dream. This brings the option of Tauren, Trolls and Worgen into the fray as well, theoretically, but the Dragons are rather picky with their selections, as it is hard to earn the trust of one, and prove that you are capable of holding such power.

In occasions, Human paladins and mages were chosen by the dragons as well, along with High/Blood Elves.

So what abilities are granted to the mortal that the Dragon has chosen? ((Mind you, only ONE dragon can choose ONE mortal, which is rare as it is, so that means "no red/green flight hybrids")) That depends on which flight the dragon is. They usually tend to pick a mortal that's close to their aspects - blue dragons select mages, green dragons select druids, red dragons usually pick paladins, so on, so forth.

You can read a little bit more here!

A notable thing;

Rumors say that the first dragonsworn were the forefathers of the dragonspawn race. This is, of course, just a rumor.
    So there you have it. It's quite possible to place Dragonsworn as a class, really, and give them a "metamorphosis" sort of ability in which they can turn into Dragonspawn/Drakonid, or make it like a druid depending on spec. Though it is a bit lorebreaking to use the Dragonflights as specs - Green/Red-Healing, Blue-Ranged DPS, Black - Tank -, it could be that you get to pick your own dragonflight, like a storyline, and your abilities would form based on that choice.

Just having a train of thought, don't mind me! :>

As a dragon lover, who purchased skyrim special edition for the Alduin statue, who proposed to his fiancé after she bought me a $2,000 chrystaline dragon statue (she gets me),... No thanks. Dragons are race. Might as well add Ogre/Naga class next. There's been more then enough lore butchering/no sense "game mechanic"explanations crap from blizzard.. cough Tauren paladin/priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :