Poll: Your feelings for my dyer concept

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea this could work. But it should be part of a revamped tailoring not a stand-alone profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    be part of a revamped tailoring not a stand-alone profession.
    i think this makes the most sense to get dye's a part of the game. let tailors craft and sell them as their main source of income. could be really fun.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice idea, but it would not work with the way armor works in WoW. They would have to redo every single piece of gear in the game in order to support it or have it only work on gear added after this would be implemented. Also, considering the fact that Blizzard uses gear color to differentiate between difficulty level for raids, being able to dye gear would negate that.

In short, it's never going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they want to add dyes, they just have to give it to scribes. Afterall, they already can make inks. Or alchemists could do it too. But I don't think dyeing should be its own profession. It's purpose would be too limited.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the new profession was "Dying". I was about to come in here to point at repair costs and that I didn't need help doing that... Nvm carry on...

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading the OP's post, and remembering the so-called "leak" about WoD (the one that got the name right before boub posted the trademark)...

He said Transmogrification would work different, aiming at not having to KEEP the transmog gear to be able to transmog your own gear.

What if this turns into a secondary profession in which you can ABSORB collected gear into your "spellbook" of this profession, and enable yourself to forever alterate the looks of yours and your friends/randoms gear... The market for such an profession wouldn't be big enough as main prof, but it would fit right in with the LITTLE boosts it gives as secondary... And I'm sure people will be too lazy to collect some Tier gear / Legendary weapons / etcetera and might pay the same small amount of gold as they do for fish, bandages and cooking...

Dye is a new idea?

I heard you level dying by doing LFR.

In all seriousness, this isn't something WoW's been built for handling. They'd have to make a massive revamp to the way gear works visually, and I don't see them putting in the resources for that. I'm surprised they're even going to do a char model revamp. But, on a long enough timeline, who knows what they'll add? One thing's for sure, it'd be a source of epic QQ from all the raiders 'waaah now any LFNUUUB can make his gear MY SUPER E-PEEN COLOR!!!!' etc. etc. etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xDashie View Post
    Reading the OP's post, and remembering the so-called "leak" about WoD (the one that got the name right before boub posted the trademark)...

He said Transmogrification would work different, aiming at not having to KEEP the transmog gear to be able to transmog your own gear.

What if this turns into a secondary profession in which you can ABSORB collected gear into your "spellbook" of this profession, and enable yourself to forever alterate the looks of yours and your friends/randoms gear... The market for such an profession wouldn't be big enough as main prof, but it would fit right in with the LITTLE boosts it gives as secondary... And I'm sure people will be too lazy to collect some Tier gear / Legendary weapons / etcetera and might pay the same small amount of gold as they do for fish, bandages and cooking...
    I think that was just wishful thinking based on the fact that it was announced mere days before that Diablo III's transmog system would not require you to keep the gear to be able to use it for transmog. This "feature" has since been removed from the thread containing the leak. It really doesn't make much sense for Blizzard to remove that requirement for WoW since it would make void storage pointless. Only way I see them possibly doing that would be to change void storage to something where you pay the same amount of gold per item as you do now only instead of storing the item, you learn the model for use in transmog, perhaps destroying the item in the process.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really seem useful, since I doubt dying gear will become a thing. Blizz seems very content with Transmog.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

you could be doing so many more meaningful things with your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The old gear may not be able to be recolored, but they could make the new gear from the next expansion and onwards compatible.
    Not that they will, as it requires effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see the ability for Tailoring, Leatherworking and Blacksmithing to break down items for materials, E.g; Tailor breaks down cloth for cloth, Blacksmith breaks down mail/plate for ore/bars, and leatherworking breaks down leather for leather.

Great idea, but almost completely unimplementable. They'd have to expand the art team immensely to design the color palettes for so many different dyes on every single piece of gear.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

very lame blizzard will never do something so stupid like this OP

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a nice idea, however as others said I think it could be more refined, as well as work better as a pure secondary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read dying; thought, I already know some with that "profession," they're experts at it.

A profession that adds on to what people can do with transmog options would be cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by m777 View Post
    very lame blizzard will never do something so stupid like this OP
    No need to be rude about it...
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-11-03 at 07:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do plenty of dying as it is.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

The game needs dyes, although I don't know if I like the OP's ideas for dyes as a profession. Imo, it should be a profession that uses herbalism to create pigments, or be a specialization of alchemy, tailoring or inscription.

Too complicated, and not enough content for a profession.
    Woodcrafting was abandoned previously for that same reason, lack of content.