Poll: Next xpac release will be...

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

New expansion before christmas?

Blizz has often pointed out that they want 1 xpac a year released. It doesn't look like they will achieve that this time....Or will they?
    How surprised would you be if, at blizzcon, they not only announced the next expansion, but also it's release date? of course it seems like a bit of a stretch, but maybe, just maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll be lucky to get 5.5 before Christmas.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a chance sorry. I'd be thinking around April at the earliest.

I believe that they ought to release it within this summer, definitely before September. Well, that is my wish as I look forward to go back into WoW at a time that im least busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    We'll be lucky to get 5.5 before Christmas.
    But what if there is no 5.5?

I think that would make SoO the shortest raid tier ever. Which is not a good thing. A March/April release is probably the closest we will get.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol no... there's all sort of beta testing and such that has to be done. We'll likely get a glimpse at Blizzcon and maybe see beta soon after, maybe right around the new year (at the earliest).

10+ Year Old Account
    No way. We'll be lucky to see it in the spring next year. They'll probably need to launch beta like immediately to get that done though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sajin0084 View Post
    Blizz has often pointed out that they want 1 xpac a year released.
    Theyve NEVER managed to release xpacs that fast lmao

where did u read this?

Deleted
    lol are you serious there isnt even a beta test and you want the xpack next month?

Final tier wont be that short. They want people to finish the content and have done since ICC. They will probably start their 5% nerfs soonish (late nov early dec is my guess) and roll out one a month until it hits 30% or they are happy with the number of garrosh kills in both raiding difficulties (norm/heroic)

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Theyve NEVER managed to release xpacs that fast lmao

where did u read this?
    Speaking to Gamesindustry.biz, everyone's favorite frigidly named developer has revealed an intention to release more World of Warcraft expansions on a yearly basis. "Starting with The Burning Crusade, every year thereafter we plan on bringing out a new expansion set - so every 12 months," says Blizzard COO, Paul Sams.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/24/bl...ns-every-year/

Published Tuesday, 14 October 2008

Blizzard is still aiming to release World of Warcraft expansions annually, but following Wrath of the Lich King fans won't see another for more than a year, says the developer's chief executive, Mike Morhaime.

They have said it several times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Christmas is in less than two months. I can't imagine an entire expansion pack would be released before then unless they're already nearly done and ready for final beta testing. I have yet to see a beta that didn't have at least a few months testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we can file that under "Not a chance in Hell."

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I'm going to be perfectly honest, skepticism and optimism aside, I don't believe Blizzard will ever be capable of maintaining the statement of "1 expansion a year" or anything close to that. If anything, whatever the next expansion is won't be released until late 2014 at the earliest unless by some sort of voodoo magic they hired 150 more artists to finish next expansions art right after SoO hit live, because the longest part about making an expansion is the art.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Christmas is in less than two months. I can't imagine an entire expansion pack would be released before then unless they're already nearly done and ready for final beta testing. I have yet to see a beta that didn't have at least a few months testing.
    If patch 6.0 is released the week before Christmas it would have the same time span as the other patches this expansion. It is possible, though slim, that blizz could pull a sneaky and have the game ready. They have increased the size of their development team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I'm going to be perfectly honest, skepticism and optimism aside, I don't believe Blizzard will ever be capable of maintaining the statement of "1 expansion a year" or anything close to that. If anything, whatever the next expansion is won't be released until late 2014 at the earliest unless by some sort of voodoo magic they hired 150 more artists to finish next expansions art right after SoO hit live, because the longest part about making an expansion is the art.
    late 2014? lol. I think there is more chance (though I stress slimmmmm) before Christmas than late 2014.

Speaking to Gamesindustry.biz, everyone's favorite frigidly named developer has revealed an intention to release more World of Warcraft expansions on a yearly basis. "Starting with The Burning Crusade, every year thereafter we plan on bringing out a new expansion set - so every 12 months," says Blizzard COO, Paul Sams.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/24/bl...ns-every-year/

Published Tuesday, 14 October 2008

Blizzard is still aiming to release World of Warcraft expansions annually, but following Wrath of the Lich King fans won't see another for more than a year, says the developer's chief executive, Mike Morhaime.

They have said it several times.
    they have said it several times; however, it's been five years since that's been published and we've had 2 expansions released. probably won't see the next expansion til next november at the earliest. only exception being they've been working on the expansion and beta testing it at area 51 for the past year and a half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    If patch 6.0 is released the week before Christmas it would have the same time span as the other patches this expansion. It is possible, though slim, that blizz could pull a sneaky and have the game ready. They have increased the size of their development team.

- - - Updated - - -

late 2014? lol. I think there is more chance (though I stress slimmmmm) before Christmas than late 2014.
    Why is that? They have proven so far to make every final tier since wotlk last close to if not a year long. Unless they pull a friends and family alpha right after Blizzcon and we get into beta as soon as febuary, you will not see the next expansion until september-december of next year. I can almost guarantee that.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I'm thinking February-March.

10+ Year Old Account
    no way. 5.4 just came out. we probably still have a couple more months of 5.4 and then a couple months with the filler patch that bridges the expansions