Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Worth to play two dps spec?

I was wondering. I enjoy both of our DPS spec. Do u think it is worth to roll both of them on one char or I should stick with ench/ele + resto?

Deleted
    what ever you like m8!
    if its not needed for your guild to sometimes heal.
    just play wat you like the most

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally play Enh main and Ele offspec, have since Cata. It really helps for a lot of fights to be able to switch to Ele, some fights just aren't melee friendly (Shamans . Even tho i do far less DPS in my Ele gear, it helps my raid more and the DPS is "better" DPS for example for add fights when we're low on ranged AoE classes that night.

At the end of the day you should stick to the offspec role that you enjoy more and play better! That will always be the best choice ^^

If your guild needs a healer and you enjoy healing, keep a resto spec. Otherwise I would never expect for someone to play a class/spec they didn't like. I main as elemental in my guild with an enhancement off spec. I keep enhancement around because I like it, but since there's very rarely any fights that favor melee over ranged dps, I hardly ever play it. Unfortunately the closest any of them come is having melee dps merely not get penalized for being melee. There's virtually no downside for being ranged on most bosses.

I would say its worth for a Guild to have you in as Enha / Elemental but as a Solo Player you might choose to go either Ele/resto or Enha/resto as it gives you alot more oppertunities in all kind of grps^^
    Death Knights never fell to Arthas. We are the once to make him fall!

Do what you enjoy if you aren't required to heal for your guild. I MS resto and constantly respect my OS between ele and enhance because enhance is more fun for me but ele is easier for farming old raids and soloing stuff that dies too fast for enh aoe to ramp up.

I with the others. Always play what you enjoy first. In fact, I'd strongly argue against playing anything you didn't enjoy because that's what the guild needed. I made that mistake once playing a healer and I got to the point I hated even logging in, because I'd get bombarded with "Come heal this" and I didn't even want to heal the raids I signed up to do. I eventually stopped playing for a while and when I came back I said I'm never healing again and have refused to even heal a 5 man. Even today we have people who switched mains and such to play the position needed and now 6 months later, it's clear they are miserable and that makes for a miserable raid experience.

I will play devils advocate and argue it isn't worth it for raiding as much as resto off. In tot I picked up enhance as my off ( ele main) thinking I would swap when the fight called for it. But honestly I never found a fight where one spec had so much of a huge advantage it was ever worth It. Some fights have some small advantages, but I would argue playing you main spec against adversity will make you a better player than just swapping to whichever is easier all the time.

Being resto gives your raid more flexibility than a player who can melee or range Dps. Just food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    I will play devils advocate and argue it isn't worth it for raiding as much as resto off. In tot I picked up enhance as my off ( ele main) thinking I would swap when the fight called for it. But honestly I never found a fight where one spec had so much of a huge advantage it was ever worth It. Some fights have some small advantages, but I would argue playing you main spec against adversity will make you a better player than just swapping to whichever is easier all the time.

Being resto gives your raid more flexibility than a player who can melee or range Dps. Just food for thought
    Running the other dps spec is really more an enhance thing to do due to fight mechanics more than elemental, courtesy of blizzard encounter design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Running the other dps spec is really more an enhance thing to do due to fight mechanics more than elemental, courtesy of blizzard encounter design.
    Like I said there was no massive advantage for either spec over another, so you should stick with your main on a harder fight so you can improve.

Like I said there was no massive advantage for either spec over another, so you should stick with your main on a harder fight so you can improve.
    There are legitimate reasons to go Ele on quite a few fights.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    There are legitimate reasons to go Ele on quite a few fights.
    Galakras, Shamans, Spoils are the fights were I switch to Ele despite my lower gear in that spec, IF our team that day doesn't have enough decent AoE ranged.
    Even with less gear, the insane Ele AoE is worth it x10 for your team.

That being said Enh AoE isn't crap anymore, and if we have a few good ranged I just stay in main spec and do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Galakras, Shamans, Spoils are the fights were I switch to Ele despite my lower gear in that spec, IF our team that day doesn't have enough decent AoE ranged.
    Even with less gear, the insane Ele AoE is worth it x10 for your team.

That being said Enh AoE isn't crap anymore, and if we have a few good ranged I just stay in main spec and do just fine.
    Again, switching to ele might make it easier but it won't make you a better enhance player. The struggle of doing good Dps on aoe will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, switching to ele might make it easier but it won't make you a better enhance player. The struggle of doing good Dps on aoe will.
    If you are wanting to maximize your guild's output it will make the group better. There is only so much practicing a fight can give you. You can be on top of your game and still be able to push more mechanics wise as another spec. Practice doesn't allow you to override that advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh. Ele is just flat out higher AoE than Enh, regardless of how well you push your DPS. I nearly hit my Simcraft cap on single target fights in Enh spec, and certainly pull my weight. Ele is just better AoE, on top of being ranged with has it's own merits for most encounters.

Has nothing to do with how well I or someone else plays my main spec, it'S about what the offspec brings for the team for a specific encounter.
    You could also argue it requires more skill to play more specs than one at a good level than being a one trick pony

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Uh. Ele is just flat out higher AoE than Enh, regardless of how well you push your DPS. I nearly hit my Simcraft cap on single target fights in Enh spec, and certainly pull my weight. Ele is just better AoE, on top of being ranged with has it's own merits for most encounters.

Has nothing to do with how well I or someone else plays my main spec, it'S about what the offspec brings for the team for a specific encounter.
    You could also argue it requires more skill to play more specs than one at a good level than being a one trick pony
    If that's the assumption then it makes even more sense to have resto off spec over another Dps. You diversify your player portfolio and aid your group by providing better options.

If that's the assumption then it makes even more sense to have resto off spec over another Dps. You diversify your player portfolio and aid your group by providing better options.
    Only if your group needs the healers/resto shaman utility. It's also a lot more complicated switching roles in a raid team. Enh to Ele you change nothing except you become more useful on some fights.

Currently there are not a ton of fights that favor enhance over elemental or vice versa in the current tier, so its not the greatest time to have both specs. However it really comes down to what type of guild you are in. When I raided 10 man content with a group of friends I kept a resto offset (Enhance main) because it was possible if we were missing a healer or needed an extra, I could fill that role. Now that I am back to 25 man raiding, I wouldn't expect the guild to be short on healers since there are so many more people, so my offset is elemental in case a fight is better for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Managing both gear sets from a single lockout each week can be frustrating.

I personally leveled a second shaman to play elemental and play my original shaman as enhance.
    Worth it imo

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    do whatever you like, not like its hard to respec. Since you didn't give much information of what you do on your shaman its hard to make suggetsions

Are you always in a situation where you wish you could heal?
    I'm enh MS/ele OS which i use for pvp. realistically I'll never need to play my OS in raid as we have enough on bench to cover. On the rare occasion I need to heal I would just go respec.

At one stage I was required to heal a lot and doing casual rbg weekly I just have to respec like 10 times a week

If im not absolutely required to heal, id rather not play than having to heal