Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    They serve a purpose well, which is to give more non-raid non-hardcore solo content for people with little time and stuff.

It's no pokemon replacement but it's a nice little diversion within WoW.

great addition to the game.
    where is the poll?

people have been bitching for eons about pets being worthless and they don't do anything.
    result: pet battles.
    now people bitch about how pet battles are worthless and take away from the essence of the game and stupid shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    There are different types of opinion. Some express your emotions/feelings towards something ( I love it, I hate it, I like it, I dislike it ) however there are these types of opinions ( Waste of time, stupid, useless, pointless, unneeded ) which have to be based on facts. If the majority of WoW players plays pet battles and likes it then your opinion is invalid. It would be a waste of time if it was unsuccesful but it was Blizzard's biggest hit in the past years.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop using that argument. Ignorant people like that guy will simply ignore it or say it's a waste of UI team's time. It doesn't matter who made them. It matters whether they are a success. If I could afford a subscription I would be playing right now just because I want to do pet battles vs players and pet battle queues on PTR don't work.
    Just because some people like it doesn't change an opinion of it. More people live in China than the US, thus China must be right on everything? That sounds like a hell of a idea. More people like soccer world wide, should we just toss out football/baseball because they aren't the most popular?!

How do you know it was Blizzards biggest hit in the past year? Let me guess, cause you like it more than any other one?! What crushing facts you roll in to these threads with, keep up your wonderful research.

And as I said in my other response, the UI team is x members, if you take off those members that work on pet battles from payroll and use that money on other devs, you get a better game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Just because some people like it doesn't change an opinion of it. More people live in China than the US, thus China must be right on everything? That sounds like a hell of a idea. More people like soccer world wide, should we just toss out football/baseball because they aren't the most popular?!

How do you know it was Blizzards biggest hit in the past year? Let me guess, cause you like it more than any other one?! What crushing facts you roll in to these threads with, keep up your wonderful research.

And as I said in my other response, the UI team is x members, if you take off those members that work on pet battles from payroll and use that money on other devs, you get a better game.
    No, you are wrong. Blizzard in past interviews have said they were surprised at how popular Pet Battles are. Also throwing more money at Devs doesn't make things better. I don't think you know how development works.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Better game for who? You? And make it worse for those who actually do enjoy it? I'm not sure where you're going with that at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    A waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    now people bitch about how pet battles are worthless and take away from the essence of the game and stupid shit like that.
    No feature of the game is worthless, as long as some % of the playerbase uses the feature and enjoys it. I might not like pet battles, but I don't think it's worthless (even if I think that developer time could have been better spent in other ways).

A waste of time.
    when 1 out of 3 people participate in them frequently it is not a waste of time.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I was quite skeptical at the start, but now I really love them. I love going out in the world collecting rare pets, fighting the "Boss" pets in Pandaria and getting the best pet breeds. I think Pet Battles are a success.

Deleted
    Havent played a single game yet, I always figured that if i wanted to play pokemon, i would play pokemon. Guess I have to at some point for all the achievements linked to them..

more people pet battle then raiding and pvp combined.

anyone who thinks its a waste of time is just plain dumb. pet battles is probably one of the biggest reasons for subscriber retension this expansion and most likely slowed the losses down by alot
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account

So you don't like it, therefor it's a waste of the devs time?

You seem to be lacking basic logic, you should obtain it sometime. You truly are an ignorant, self centered fool.

If we were to get rid of things that weren't popular lets phase out heroic raiding, waste of dev time, is a breeding ground the most ignorant elitists in the game and only an extremely small percentage of the player-base participates in it.
    Last edited by Ineko; 2013-11-03 at 08:05 AM.

One biggest complaint is the lack of clarity with old world master trainers. As a horde player, I had a quest to fight the trainer in Elwynn (that I must have picked up while messing around on an ally alt). After I fought her on my hordie, I assumed that she'd give me the quest to fight the guy in Westfall, but she didn't. It wasn't until after a while of unsuccessful searching that I learned that I had to pick it up on an Alliance character. :\

But as a whole, battles have added a great "mini-game" to WoW. They certainly aren't perfect, and there's a ton of things I could change about them, but I'm happy with what they are.

I think pet battles worked out good. I am not big on the actual fights, I find them boring (out of hundreds and thousands of fights that I had, maybe 10 were interesting, and that's being generous), but the collection part is good.

I think the biggest problem with pet battles coming to the next expansion is that they are more or less "done" by now, we need something new (and bigger). Yes, if they add, say, two hundred new pets, this will help, but not for long -- you'd just collect half of that in two weeks, then half of the remainder in two months, and then you'd be left with several tens of boring grinds "circle the zone, find a pet, initiate the fight, damn, the pet I want isn't there, two-shot everything, repeat", meh.

Deleted
    i like it. Something you can do if you hate the stupid pp in this game... like anybody should :P

Pokemon didnt interest me whatsoever, never even did 1 battle nor collected any extra pets on purpose.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

I thought I wouldn't like it, but it's really fun.

waste of time, waste of manpower developing that shit. useless. they should invest in other stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a nice thing to do on the side, but it's by no means game breaking.

Deleted
    I still think 5.5 will bring updates to content like Pet Battles, Brawler's guild and stuff like that, so don't rate MoP just yet!