Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    Deleted

"Warlords of Draenor" might not be related to WoW

Let's compare the trademarks.

Mists of Pandaria
    IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; computer game discs; computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program; mousepads. FIRST USE: 20111021. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20120925
    IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games; entertainment services, namely, conducting contests online and providing a website for organizing, planning and executing exhibitions and special events between computer game players and interest groups for entertainment purposes. FIRST USE: 20111021. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20120925

Warlords of Draenor
    Class: 9 Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

Class: 41 Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games

Hearthstone

IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program
    IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; conducting contests online and providing a website for organizing, planning and executing exhibitions and special events between computer game players and interest groups for entertainment purposes; conducting entertainment exhibitions online in the nature of card games for entertainment purposes; conducting card game competitions online for entertainment purposes

Heroes of the Storm
    IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs
    IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games, providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network, providing online news and information in the field of computer games

You will notice that Mists of Pandaria lists
    - computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit
    - mousepads

While the "Warlords of Draenor" trademark doesn't. The "Warlords of Draenor" in turn lists something the "Mists of Pandaria" trademark doesn't list.
    - Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

I think it's unlikely that the next WoW expansion would all of a sudden not bring out any mousepads or not sell the game with manuals and guides as a bundle. Just as unlikely as it is that WoW will be playable on portable devices. However that line also appears in the "Heroes of the Storm" trademark and it's also possible they go down that route with Hearthstone, so I think it's much more likely this is somehow related to "Hearthstone" or "Heroes of the Storm". And if it is, it also makes sense that the trademark wouldn't need to apply to game software sold together as a unit with manuals and guides.

Another reason I think it's not related to WoW is the name. The name "Warlords of Draenor" sounds very close to "Heroes of Azeroth" (the TCG) and "Heroes of Warcraft" (Hearthstone). The "Warlords of Draenor" then could be a Hearthstone expansion that adds Outland heroes to the game - an Orc Blademaster, an Ogre Mage and a Demon Hunter.

However in the context of WoW I don't think this name really fits. Even if the expansion somewhere along the road makes us fight a bunch of Warlords - what is so important about them, that they deserve to be in the title of the expansion? It is such an uncreative name, it feels like calling "Cataclysm" "Dragons of Azeroth" or calling "Wrath of the Lich King" "Undead of Northrend".

edit: I missed that the Hearthstone trademark mentions cards and online tournaments, so maybe Hearthstone seems a bit unlikely. I still think WoW is just as unlikely, unless they make WoW for mobile phones.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-11-03 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good points really.... was also a bit surprised about such a title and the designation for portable electronic devices made me wonder too.
    Time will tell really. BUt I agree it sounds more like a Hearthstone expansion than anything else...
    LOL, would be funny if after all the digging for TM and website names Blizzard actually pulled it off to keep it a sceret and had already done all that without anyone noticing or figuring it out and the title of next expansion has been on the Internet basically for some time.

I agree. I think Warlords of Draenor is quite the dumb name for an expansion if it is one. They couldn't have done better than that for a name? I guess they did toss out Mists of Pandaria, but this is even worse of a name than that was. Give us some creativity ffs.

I do think it is more likely a Hearthstone thing though, it makes too much sense with how the TCG went. How it followed the xpacs and such with their new decks. It wouldn't be unheard of to come out and say that hearthstone will feature expansions to gain access to new decks/heroes.

I'm sure there gonna a lot upset ppl in just few short day when's is reveal to be next wow expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    I'm sure there gonna a lot upset ppl in just few short day when's is reveal to be next wow expansion
    Just what a sub-bleeding game needs, to upset more players.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Just what a sub-bleeding game needs, to upset more players.
    There will always be some upset people no matter what xpac Blizzard goes for so it doesn't matter.

Deleted
    It's a very 'wide' name, fits for both games in my opinion, no matter how stupid it sounds. And the fact that mmo-champion administrator said he's pretty confident about it somehow also makes us, players confident.

Draenor is gone in the current WoW continuum. Anything to do with would either take place in the past, or has nothing to do with WoW at all. When I first saw it, I thought 'probably a Hearthstone expansion' myself.

Or it's something new entirely.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys guys , i tell u now what i think its a game will be on ps4 and xbox also , its like not online its just a stroy that what im thinking what do u think gusy ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    I agree. I think Warlords of Draenor is quite the dumb name for an expansion if it is one. They couldn't have done better than that for a name? I guess they did toss out Mists of Pandaria, but this is even worse of a name than that was. Give us some creativity ffs.

I do think it is more likely a Hearthstone thing though, it makes too much sense with how the TCG went. How it followed the xpacs and such with their new decks. It wouldn't be unheard of to come out and say that hearthstone will feature expansions to gain access to new decks/heroes.
    Are you kidding with me here? Please tell me you're kidding.

Warlords of Draenor is actually a very fitting name. What do you want to call it then? Ultramega-land? Alice in Outland?

And no, not a Hearthstone expac. It's in beta ffs.

Deleted
    Ehem....WarCraft IV *cough* *cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of people have been bringing this up, I believe there is a chance it could be linked to Hearthstone, if so I will apologize to "Gnome" as He/She was the first one to bring it up. I still think Warlords of Draenor could be Warcraft 4 related, but Hearthstone could be more likely from what people are finding out.

You gotta admit though "Hearthstone: Warlords of Draenor" sounds alot more catchy than "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Araron View Post
    Ehem....WarCraft IV *cough* *cough*
    Ehem..... I will not take all the credit for it.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-03 at 12:18 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post

Warlords of Draenor is actually a very fitting name. What do you want to call it then? Ultramega-land? Alice in Outland?

Alice in Outland I would immediately buy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Alot of people have been bringing this up, I believe there is a chance it could be linked to Hearthstone, if so I will apologize to "Gnome" as He/She was the first one to bring it up. I still Warlords of Draenor could be Warcraft 4 related, but Hearthstone could be more likely from what people are finding out.

- - - Updated - - -

Ehem..... I will not take all the credit for it.
    But played on portable devices?

Deleted

What does that have to do with anything? The only thing left in the beta right now are card tweaks & overall stability increasage. And remember this is a Card Game, they work a bit differently, look at Android Netrunner For example, One Datapack hasn't even been released yet before they've announced 6 others.

Also another reason why they haven't released Hearthstone yet might be because they want it to ship with the Battle.Net Launcher which still has some issues left.
    Last edited by mmoc1bf060e5b4; 2013-11-03 at 11:35 AM.

i dont get why people think its an hearthstone expac. Why would a free to play game need an expac? They can just patch it into the normal version.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is hearthstone.

Look at the names:

Heroes of Azeroth
    Warlords of Draenor

Perfectly in sync with each other.

Perhaps it is two different "decks." Much like a physical card game has different box sets with different names. And, just maybe, they intend to release them both at once.

It doesn't have to be an expansion at all in that case.

10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard trademarked Legacy of the Void & Heart of the Swarm almost a year before SC2 released, The bullshit because it is in beta doesn't mean anything. Anything can happen & it is very plausible that Warlords of Draenor could be Hearthstone or Warcraft 4 related.

The StarCraft II beta was a testing phase of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. It opened on February 17th, 2010 and closed on July 19th 2010.

Starcraft 2 Release Date: July 27, 2010

HEART OF THE SWARM - Filing date: 10/10/2008
    Date of registration: 10/06/2009

LEGACY OF THE VOID: Filing date: 10/10/2008
    Date of registration: 29/07/2009

Also that should be noted: The release of StarCraft II had been delayed to mid-2010 to give adequate time to prepare battle.net.
    Blizzard had the SC2 Xpacs name planned out before the original release date, only thing that held back the game was they wanted to get Battle.net up & running.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    i dont get why people think its an hearthstone expac. Why would a free to play game need an expac? They can just patch it into the normal version.
    And why dont developers just patch in DLC to all the games that have DLC? & DLC = Expansion, more or less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    That's a good point. We don't know exactly how they will update the game, but it's possible that updates to the game need to be paid for and only the core game is F2P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    While I would love to speculate and join the rest of the divided crowd either saying "OMG This is not the expansion" or "OMG this must be the expansion!", I'll hold back until BlizzCon