Poll: Do you like the idea of downscaling?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I can't stand the old dungeons and raids anymore. Done them like a million times. Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I HATE the idea of downscaling.
    I play an RPG for a reason and for Blizzard to take away any character development at a whim is just idiotic.

If they make it optional, I will just not give a damn about that particular feature.
    An arrogant and narrow minded opinion.
    It has been clearly stated that the upcoming squish will not prevent players from soloing content they already do.
    It is pretty obvious that it is optional, if you bother to get over the fact that YOU don't want it, and maybe come to the conclusion that people who are not you could appreciate or even benefit from it.

Ideally we could run content with players who are at the appropriate level, and therefore be able to assist or as previously mentioned "mentor" friends/new players etc.

Blizzard even discussed adding such a feature back in WoTLK but it simply never materialised.

What about learning a new spec, which this offers a good option to do.

This has been on the cards for a long time.
    And I welcome it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-11-03 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It has been clearly stated that the upcoming squish will not prevent players from soloing content they already do.
    I do not see the post you are quoting imply that it had anything to do with the item squish. In fact I don't even see how the item downscaling would have anything to do with the general squish at all. It could just as well be another pseudo content that rewards extra vanity items.

Yeah, it's not about squish. Think about it: they can implement downscaling today without the squish. Conversely, they can implement squish without downscaling. These are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I would LOVE to be able to actually fight old stuff, but there would need to be incentives to do so. Like gear that is up to par with endgame stuff
    The trouble with this is, if you are downscaled due to helping a buddy out or whatever and you run a dungeon or old raid with them, how would the loot work? Can't drop 1 item for lvl 90 and 1 for ie: lvl 60. I regularly solo old content but I don't do it for gear. It's mounts/pets and depending what I'm trying to solo... maybe just the pure challenge
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, dislike the idea currently. Ofc, it is to early to judge etc etc....

But there is a reason why I level my character. If I wanted to be low level or poorly geared, I would go play my lower level/poorly geared alts.

I would love to have the option of having my gear/level scale down to the zone/instance I'm entering. But it HAS to be an option. There are times when I'm going there to do something real quick and get out. I don't want to be inconvenienced at those times by having to work my way through something. I can definitely see myself going back through old content ALL THE TIME because I'm able to scale myself down to it and being able to re-experience everything. The novelty might wear off at some point, but it would take quite a long time. I loved a lot of the old content.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    An arrogant and narrow minded opinion.
    It is pretty obvious that it is optional, if you bother to get over the fact that YOU don't want it, and maybe come to the conclusion that people who are not you could appreciate or even benefit from it.

Ideally we could run content with players who are at the appropriate level, and therefore be able to assist or as previously mentioned "mentor" friends/new players etc.

Blizzard even discussed adding such a feature back in WoTLK but it simply never materialised.

What about learning a new spec, which this offers a good option to do.

This has been on the cards for a long time.
    And I welcome it.
    Also an arrogant and narrow minded opinion.

I'm just afraid we'll find the old content incredibly boring and easy with downscalling opposed to today's content.

But if they play their cards right, would be an awesome way to farm valor and charms outside of current tier.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I'm just afraid we'll find the old content incredibly boring and easy with downscalling opposed to today's content.

But if they play their cards right, would be an awesome way to farm valor and charms outside of current tier.
    It'll be no more boring than current 5 mans. The only thing that will be a noticable change in boredom will be raids that were challenging when current. Everything else will be just as faceroll as it is now.

I still think Challenge Mode raids would be awesome. I miss the good old ZA day when you had incentive to clear the place faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote yes.

The best thing i can see coming from it would be to make the dungeon queue scale... Can you imagine the cool factor with have 80 dungeons on your queue? KNOWING you'll get Gnomer. Still would be fun. Not to mention all the raids that could be scaled down... but you have to wonder what kind of reward would be involved? Level 95(or 100) gear from MC? BWL? Deadmines? Scaling to content is the best thing about GW2, I like going back with friends and helping them finish a zone of level a new toon without just one shotting or ruining their XP. Farming in GW2 is lame when i can't one shot level 10 guys though lol... double edged sword that.

I would love the 5 mans for my weekly VP grind though. Good idea.
    Last edited by Nitsuj; 2013-11-03 at 04:18 PM.
    WoW Hunter WarriorPaladin Death Knight
    D3 Crusader
    Gw2 Lvl 80 Dragon Hunter, Lvl 80 Warrior, Lvl 80 Revenant
    Bnet GrapeSoda#1671
    Gw2 GrapeSoda.5980
    Hit me up, let's play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuj View Post
    I vote yes.

The best thing i can see coming from it would be to make the dungeon queue scale... Can you imagine the cool factor with have 80 dungeons on your queue? KNOWING you'll get Gnomer. Still would be fun. Not to mention all the raids that could be scaled down... but you have to wonder what kind of reward would be involved? Level 95(or 100) gear from MC? BWL? Deadmines?

I would love the 5 mans for my weekly VP grind though. Good idea.
    Yeah, it would be pretty cool to queue up for a Random for VP and potentially get older dungeons, playing along with lower level characters, etc..

if it allows me to run old cata and MoP LFR and get the transmog gear from those places, I'm all for it
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

well to be honest idea sounds just a bit meh.. I am playing this game for many years, and to be honest i would love to see new content instead of doing it all over again. (doing it with my alts once in a while is enough) Why should i want to go back to black temple when i have spent there many months before? just why?

Also if it takes away time from new content (happens a lot with blizzard) thats it's a big NO. Give us something new instead of old things in different boxes..
    Last edited by Mendal; 2013-11-03 at 04:21 PM.

I don't really care for it. Doubt there are many people caring for it.

My favorite part of this is that it makes my Legendaries.....actually useful again! for example I can go into Ulduar and use my Val'anyr with Jina-Kang for some epic healing or go into ICC with Shadowmourne and Gong-lu for crazy massive dps or hell I could once again rogue it up with Thunderfury and Fen-yu and just murder bosses in MC, BWL and AQ.

I don't like the idea of downscaling just as much as I don't like the idea of Transmogrification. I will use the shit out of it, but still would prefer the game didn't have it.

This technology will push Blizzards laziness with dungeons/raids even further, since the content will be eaten way slower - there are so many raids/dungeons ot finish anyway. Therefore, the upcoming pve content might have a decreasing quality.

Also, while it may be cool to run Wailing Caverns once or twice on max level, for how long can it be amusing? 1 month? Pretty much only up till we will reach the stage of clicking on LFD random HC and swearing the hell out of our throats seeing BRD or Gnomeregan pop up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    It will be awesome to raid with 25 people the sunwell with the 70lvl gear/spell stats. People will have to start reading again old bosses stategy guides etc.
    Dunno if it's going to happen. The Item squish might have a word or two when it comes to downscaling, since if they do a item level squish they want to keep they ability for players to solo old raids, maybe by giving them OP Buffs when joining an old raid. So yeah if they screw the buff and downscaling up that is not going to happen at all.

i would love to valor cap with bc-heroics
    or redo all the achievements on real difficulty