Deleted

Switched from 2h to DW for PVE. Need tips

Hello everyone! I've recently changed from 2h Frost to DW a week or 2 ago and I've been trying to get accustomed to style of playing, since it's very different from 2h frost. I have some questions that need answers! Firstly, I've simmed myself and according to the sim, I'm supposed to be doing 288k dps on a single target fight. I don't have this week's logs, but I'll be posting last week's logs instead. I just want to better myself as a Raider

Here are my stat weights:

Mastery: 3.93
    Crit: 3.32
    Haste: 2.61

According to AMR it saying I should be putting in exp/mastery gems into the red sockets (which I really don't want to do. I'd like to put str/mastery instead) Is it more efficient to put str/mastery instead of exp/mastery?

Another question, can you please have a look at my armory and make sure I am properly gemmed as well? I'll also post my logs to see what I can do to improve better, like my AMS soaking and having quite a trouble using my Blood tap correctly. Is there a way I can mirco manage it very well?

Thank you

PS: I can't post any links so I took the beginning of the address out from down below

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Nekrobane/advanced

Logs:

These are from Spoils to Paragons

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-flgsnbvyjm70w9bv/details/28/

Fallen proc to Juggernaught

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o1ah4foi15x2nxh3/details/25/?s=2244&e=2576

10+ Year Old Account
    Without your strength stat weight it's hard to tell if you should gem expertise/mastery or strength/mastery. The breakpoint is basically when 1.) Any expertise you gem turns into mastery through reforging and 2.) When the value of mastery is over .5 strength, so basically when its at least a 2:1 value for mastery:strength.

I'd advise getting out of the habit of "I don't like doing this so I won't do it." It makes for poor decision making. Base your decisions on the math and you'll go wrong far less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Without your strength stat weight it's hard to tell if you should gem expertise/mastery or strength/mastery. The breakpoint is basically when 1.) Any expertise you gem turns into mastery through reforging and 2.) When the value of mastery is over .5 strength, so basically when its at least a 2:1 value for mastery:strength.

I'd advise getting out of the habit of "I don't like doing this so I won't do it." It makes for poor decision making. Base your decisions on the math and you'll go wrong far less.
    My apologies. Here it is:

I just thought it was wrong, but I kept with gemming the exp/mastery.

Gemming looks appropriate for ilvl and reforges look spot on. If you use simcraft you can try and plug this priority system in.

actions.single_target=blood_tap,if=talent.blood_tap.enabled&(buff.blood_charge.stack>10&(r unic_power>76|(runic_power>=20&buff.killing_machine.react)))
    actions.single_target+=/frost_strike,if=buff.killing_machine.react|runic_power>88
    actions.single_target+=/howling_blast,if=death>1|frost>1
    actions.single_target+=/unholy_blight,if=talent.unholy_blight.enabled&((dot.frost_fever.remains<3|dot.blood_plague .remains<3))
    actions.single_target+=/soul_reaper,if=target.health.pct-3*(target.health.pct%target.time_to_die)<=35
    actions.single_target+=/blood_tap,if=talent.blood_tap.enabled&((target.health.pct-3*(target.health.pct%target.time_to_die)<=35&cooldown.soul_reaper.remains=0))
    actions.single_target+=/howling_blast,if=!dot.frost_fever.ticking
    actions.single_target+=/plague_strike,if=!dot.blood_plague.ticking&unholy>0
    actions.single_target+=/howling_blast,if=buff.rime.react
    actions.single_target+=/frost_strike,if=runic_power>76
    actions.single_target+=/howling_blast
    actions.single_target+=/frost_strike,if=talent.runic_empowerment.enabled&unholy=1
    actions.single_target+=/blood_tap,if=talent.blood_tap.enabled&(target.health.pct-3*(target.health.pct%target.time_to_die)>35|buff.blood_charge.stack>=8)
    actions.single_target+=/frost_strike,if=runic_power>=40
    actions.single_target+=/death_and_decay,if=unholy=2
    actions.single_target+=/plague_strike,if=unholy=2
    actions.single_target+=/horn_of_winter
    actions.single_target+=/empower_rune_weapon
    actions.single_target+=/blood_tap,if=talent.blood_tap.enabled
    actions.single_target+=/plague_leech,if=talent.plague_leech.enabled
    actions.single_target+=/death_and_decay,if=unholy>0
    actions.single_target+=/plague_strike,if=unholy>0

It's the Mastersimple priority set and should be a DPS increase at your ilvl alongside being easier to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Gemming looks appropriate for ilvl and reforges look spot on. If you use simcraft you can try and plug this priority system in.

actions.single_target=blood_tap,if=talent.blood_tap.enabled&(buff.blood_charge.stack>10&(r unic_power>76|(runic_power>=20&buff.killing_machine.react)))
    actions.single_target+=/frost_strike,if=buff.killing_machine.react|runic_power>88
    actions.single_target+=/unholy_blight,if=talent.unholy_blight.enabled&((dot.frost_fever.remains<3|dot.blood_plague .remains<3))
    actions.single_target+=/soul_reaper,if=target.health.pct-3*(target.health.pct%target.time_to_die)<=35
    actions.single_target+=/blood_tap,if=talent.blood_tap.enabled&((target.health.pct-3*(target.health.pct%target.time_to_die)<=35&cooldown.soul_reaper.remains=0))
    actions.single_target+=/frost_strike,if=talent.runic_empowerment.enabled&unholy=1
    actions.single_target+=/blood_tap,if=talent.blood_tap.enabled&(target.health.pct-3*(target.health.pct%target.time_to_die)>35|buff.blood_charge.stack>=8)

It's the Mastersimple priority set and should be a DPS increase at your ilvl alongside being easier to play.
    I'll plug this into the Simcraft and try it out. Thank you for your input.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post

Where exactlty do I stick this part of coding in. I forgot to ask you about it. Do I import the toon and paste somewhere instead of the default actions?

Just delete all the lines with "actions.single_target+=" and replace them with that. It should be in the "Simulate" tab. Also make sure that,

actions.single_target=blood_tap,if=talent.blood_tap.enabled&(buff.blood_charge.stack>10&(r unic_power>76)(runic_power>=20&buff.killing_machine.react))

and

are all one line long each when you do the copy paste, might require a lil editing on your part.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2013-11-03 at 10:27 PM.

Deleted
    First of all AMR is pure math (people have to realize that already). If you know how to adjust the options in it it most likely give you the optimal stats for your gear/enchants/gems.

For tips, well maybe (just from my PoV) Purgatory is very usefull cheat death mechnic for progress, witch save your raid from wasting CR (if the healers react fast to save you). Other thing i might recommend is maybe switching death pact to the other 2 tallents in that tier. I atleast find them more usefull for progress because one simple thing - they dont have cooldown. I might strongly advise death siphon and not advise conversion since you are DW dk and you will have plenty death runes due blood tab and plague leech and i also thin that runic power is more precious than runes witch is why i exclude conversion. Last reset i was able to survaive on several places on hc progress encounters with DS and i find it to be not so big dps loss since it also do dmg.Well its not hitting so hard as HB but still help you survaive ( you know - dead dps do zero dps :P ).

Tips for fights. Well thats tough one. Maybe try to get your hands on cleave trinket. It proves to be very usefull on fights like galakras, spoils, protectors(depending how you do the fight). For me atleast that trinket does around 10% of my total dps on the said fights :P
    for other encounters not really much to say. I dont have much xp myslef in hc modes yet butdue boss mechnics i find that melles have less to deal with this tier. And with AMS there are some times where u can just stay on boss and ignore some mechanics that do magic dmg. Overall - mash your buttons, if u see stackked adds switch to cheeze HB cleaves (sometimes the ranged might be gratefull or pissed as hell for stealing theyr dps) :P

The gear is more than good
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2013-11-04 at 02:03 PM.