Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Cool What I want to see in 5.5

After Garrosh's defeat in Seige of Ogrimar, I'd like to see the after math of the raid and what that really means to our world. I'm not talking about a Cataclysm revamped zone thing, I'm talking about what they did to Theramore. Phase it into something different after completing a few quests and scenarios. All following scenarios can be played by either faction btw, but the quests are faction specific and it rewards a feat of strength, and a tabard upon completing both factions chains. Here's a list of locations that need to reflect what happened after Pandaria...

1. Ashenvale should have tons of Night Elfs patrolling that gate leading to The Barrens and have no sign of Orcs in that zone. I want sacked towns, Orcs hanging from trees, heads on spears, just a blood bath to remind the Horde not to mess with the fierce Night Elves! Have a quest chain where we aid some Night Elf heroes then a scenario where we clear out town after town, and kill the regent Orc leader of that zone.

2. Ogrimar needs to reflect the giant battle that took place, have a memorial some where in the city to all those who died in the giant cival war, have Kor'kron remenants in prison, and Garrosh's old throne room leveled to the ground. I would like to see a quest where you help heal the wounded horde warriors and a stand witness as Saurafang is promoted to the new Orc leader for The Horde.

3. Dalaran moves it's self over Theramore's crater and the human presence in that zone can be felt once again. Jaina boosts defenses in Dalaran creating lots of Kiran Tor familiars patrolling the ground level where Theramore once stood. A quest where you report to Jaina and help her use the staff of The Thunder King to power a magic device creating plenty of new guardians for the area.

4. Gilneas gets help from King Varian and we set sail from Stormwind harbor to take place in a few naval battles against Syvannas' undead fleet. We land on the shore to obliterate all Undead forces in the zone. A scenario for the retaking of Gilneas takes place and King Greymane reclaims his great city, but not after defeating a huge abomination called Patchwerktoo! After the forsaken is purged from the zone, Varian doesn't stop there...

5. Stromguard gets assulted with King Varian to give the growing populace of the Worgen another home close by their city to provide support and to reclaim the once great city. This can be in the way of a quest chain. He has a face off with Sylvannas where she retreats to Undercity after a brief duel, she realizes she and her forsaken is no match for the overwhelming might and unity of The Alliance.

6. Garrosh escapes his trial. Come on you all knew this was coming! Horde has a quest to witness their once Warchief in shackles being tried and sentenced by the Shado-pan. He is sentenced to death, but before his death is delivered he is scooped up by some one who will play a major roll in the next expansion, who is this mystery force? We just will have to wait and see!

I know what your thinking, this seems really unfair for horde players! It is unfair, but the consequences have to be felt from the cival war you guys just fought. The Alliance is at a strong point in their time, and our deeds should be seen and felt in the in game world. The horde is going through a period of healing, and I'm sure in the next xpac to come they not only with bolster their ranks with new allies, but become closer as a multi race family. The Alliance wants a big fist pump moment, and I think these actions would give all Alliance players so much pride and would stop the "blizz loves da horde" jokes.

Alliance just had their fist pump moment, you're not getting anymore, at least not anytime soon.

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

Garrosh escapes his trial, teams up wit the Orc Warlords of Draenor and conquers Azeroth, commits genocide against the lesser races allowing the true Horde to rise once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    Alliance just had their fist pump moment, you're not getting anymore, at least not anytime soon.
    You don't work for Blizz, and you don't get to tell players what satisfies them. I play both factions, and Alliance hasn't had their moment that feels like Theramore was avenged. WC1, WC2, and WC3 it had back and forth moments and both sides felt equal. Now a days, Alliance could use a bit more love.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    You don't work for Blizz, and you don't get to tell players what satisfies them. I play both factions, and Alliance hasn't had their moment that feels like Theramore was avenged. WC1, WC2, and WC3 it had back and forth moments and both sides felt equal. Now a days, Alliance could use a bit more love.
    I think in order to keep it fresh, they shouldn't make it equal. One side should be winning against the other.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Boo hooo, cry me a river. Kosak said that SoO is Alliance's fist pump moment and that's all there is to it. Don't like it? too bad, no refunds.

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

Deleted
    Those are some crazy and not-going-to-happen ideas.

Boo hooo, cry me a river. Kosak said that SoO is Alliance's fist pump moment and that's all there is to it. Don't like it? too bad, no refunds.
    Clearly I don't care that's why I made this thread. I'm sure the Blood Elves need some kinda explanation to what happened to them after Seige. Maybe they can build something in that area behind Strathholme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hildefuns View Post
    Those are some crazy and not-going-to-happen ideas.
    Actually, if you talk to Varian he says he has plans to retake Gilneas, and Jaina has the floating city of Dalran. Vol'jin will have a crowning momment, Garrosh is going to have a trial. The only thing I mentioned that has no clues to taking place in game is Stromguarde. Some fans would like to see it retaken though for the Alliance.

snip
    What you want to see and what you will see are two entirely different things, what you demand here is something blizz is very unlikely to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    What you want to see and what you will see are two entirely different things, what you demand here is something blizz is very unlikely to do.
    I understand that, but some one put it best when they said Hordes deeds are felt in game, while Alliance's deeds are talked about. Plenty of Alliance fans aren't very excited that their faction isn't just on top of the world right now and it should feel that way.

I understand that, but some one put it best when they said Hordes deeds are felt in game, while Alliance's deeds are talked about. Plenty of Alliance fans aren't very excited that their faction isn't just on top of the world right now and it should feel that way.
    Yes but a filler patch is no good way to do it, such things need to be consistent, they did say Alliance will be on top the next xpac, so let's see if they keep their word.

As someone who played Alliance from day one of vanilla to last night of Cata and horde since day one of MOP through and including now... WTF fist pump moment did they get? I didn't see one. I spent this entire expansion expecting to get screwed due to playing the horde, and I never did. Varianne made some faces and stomped around a little, that's it. Meanwhile the leaders of the alliance are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    As someone who played Alliance from day one of vanilla to last night of Cata and horde since day one of MOP through and including now... WTF fist pump moment did they get? I didn't see one. I spent this entire expansion expecting to get screwed due to playing the horde, and I never did. Varianne made some faces and stomped around a little, that's it. Meanwhile the leaders of the alliance are terrible.
    Exactly! I'm not complaining with how Varian handled the ending cut scene of SoO, it was something he did as High King to show his on he's not a warmonger. That's not to say Alliance has other loose ends they need to deal with. 5.5 is a filler patch to keep us busy, so what better way than a faction specific quest chain where Alliance takes back what's theirs, and Horde heals from their cival war, witness the crowning of a Troll Warchief (lame idea), the trial of a tyrannt, and the tease of things to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    When was our fist pump moment exactly? After we bled to liberate a city for the Horde or when Green Jesus and King Varian "God why won't you get a haircut you girly-man" Wrynn allowed a self-righteously indignant ninja panda to hogtie Garrosh and bugger off back to Not-Asia?

I'm not feeling the fist-pump. I needs to stabs me some Hordies.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

And then you woke up wet.

Deleted
    I think you're unlikely to see the kind of huge changes you want to see in the world zones. I could see them redesiging a zone for lvl 90 content in Battlefield Barrens style perhaps. At least you shouldn't expect huge changes without those changes coming with major gameplay elements. The scenario ideas are good though, as that's a good way of showing lore progression without completely redesigning zones.

The 1-60 zones are permanently stuck in the past, and likely to remain that way. The time progression is weird especially when you bring Outland and Northrend into it, but I believe the Cataclysm revamp showed Blizzard that it's not a good use of developer time. It's a pity, because I really liked some of the revamped 1-60 zones.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    I think you're unlikely to see the kind of huge changes you want to see in the world zones. I could see them redesiging a zone for lvl 90 content in Battlefield Barrens style perhaps. At least you shouldn't expect huge changes without those changes coming with major gameplay elements. The scenario ideas are good though, as that's a good way of showing lore progression without completely redesigning zones.

The 1-60 zones are permanently stuck in the past, and likely to remain that way. The time progression is weird especially when you bring Outland and Northrend into it, but I believe the Cataclysm revamp showed Blizzard that it's not a good use of developer time. It's a pity, because I really liked some of the revamped 1-60 zones.
    Theramore got a phasing quick remodel, and all I'm asking for is a few of the same. Maybe I went overboard with Ashenvale being a blood bath ahaha, but having them reclaim that zone is very important to me and the story.

Most of that stuff can't happen largely due to gameplay reasons. They made it fairly clear that the Alliance victories won't be reflected in Ashenvale.

What we will probably see if anything is stuff related to Gilneas. There was a pretty clear hint from Blizzard that, that will be next on the Alliance bucket list. Considering the zone is completely empty, they can pretty much do whatever they want in that area.

Why is your entire thing Alliance favored then? It would swing favor toward the Alliance, there's like nothing there for horde really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    When was our fist pump moment exactly? After we bled to liberate a city for the Horde or when Green Jesus and King Varian "God why won't you get a haircut you girly-man" Wrynn allowed a self-righteously indignant ninja panda to hogtie Garrosh and bugger off back to Not-Asia?

I'm not feeling the fist-pump. I needs to stabs me some Hordies.
    You just stabbed:
    Galakras/Warlord Zaela (Dragonmaw Leader!)
    Iron Juggernaut (Massive Horde war machine)
    Dark Shamans (2 of the best shamans in the horde)
    Nazgrim (One of the best Orcs in History)
    Malkorok (Big badass orc)
    Destroyed all the shit the horde took from pandaria
    Thok (Big dinosaur that could have been used as weapon)
    Siegecrafter (Main weapon producer for the horde)

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaii View Post
    Why is your entire thing Alliance favored then? It would swing favor toward the Alliance, there's like nothing there for horde really.

- - - Updated - - -

You just stabbed:
    Galakras/Warlord Zaela (Dragonmaw Leader!)
    Iron Juggernaut (Massive Horde war machine)
    Dark Shamans (2 of the best shamans in the horde)
    Nazgrim (One of the best Orcs in History)
    Malkorok (Big badass orc)
    Destroyed all the shit the horde took from pandaria
    Thok (Big dinosaur that could have been used as weapon)
    Siegecrafter (Main weapon producer for the horde)
    But so did you... You need to read my entire original post, at the bottom I explain the horde is at a low point and that should be felt in game, not have them walk away like it's no big deal with just a new guy in charge. Alliance however are stronger than ever and we have some reality we've been looking at that we would like back.