Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I pulled 357k and a rank 1 on Malkorok 25N with PE and a mastery build. The thing that matters if you're looking to rank is how you play, fight length, which relies on your other raiders doing great as well. Tbh Ele single target is just fine, people need to stop bitching about it

You're talking about a normal fight that is very short where PE will absolutely shine, on heroic that changes a little bit, while I agree that ele single target is fine, but that is a very skewed perception of a patchwerk style fight under perfect conditions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yertillon View Post
    I pulled 357k and a rank 1 on Malkorok 25N with PE and a mastery build. The thing that matters if you're looking to rank is how you play, fight length, which relies on your other raiders doing great as well. Tbh Ele single target is just fine, people need to stop bitching about it
    With a fight being 3 minutes 13 that is not that hard to achieve

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norbb View Post
    With a fight being 3 minutes 13 that is not that hard to achieve
    Yea, the longer the fight takes the more the amazing dps boost from hero deterioriate so short fights are skewed as hell .p
    + I assume he ended the fight in Ascendance as well
    Last edited by mmocd37cb64f78; 2013-11-05 at 05:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Yea, the longer the fight takes the more the amazing dps boost from hero deterioriate so short fights are skewed as hell .p
    + I assume he ended the fight in Ascendance as well
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...3901#Yertillon

As you can see he got a 1 mil burst in just before the fight ended I personally dont see PE with mastery build as a viable build at all, UF would've given him a bigger DPS increase there for sure.

Cheers guys, I'll start using it on single target fights (if i remember to change talents xD) and see how I go adjusting, hopefully works out well!

thanks for all the advice

I do think ele is in a good spot in single target with low-medium mobility, with the UF buff fights like juggernaut and malkorok should be one of our strong points, that and chain lighting fights. I think ele weakness atm is fights like protectors/sha/paragons with constant target switching and medium-heavy movement. And i think it's fine that ele has a weakness.
    Last edited by thetom; 2014-01-06 at 07:21 PM.

Deleted
    7.2% damage comes from Essence of Yu'lon? You got some lucky procs there didn't you :P I get like 4% usually ;_;

Melee swings have now been fixed on world of logs so my best dps on Malkorok HC from last Thursday (31st october) has been upped to 320k and my ranking has gone up to 33rd.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=9610&e=9897

10 man, 561 gear, specced UF, and died towards the end without a second hero available. Given those circumstances I'd say 33rd is a really good rank.
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2013-11-06 at 02:01 PM.

I've been using EB since I started playing elemental(Start of 5.2) and I really don't see many fights I should switch from it. With the exception of Thok and Shamans. I did a little test on dummies(I know it does not show much) and UF did pull ahead, but not by much(5k dps more then EB, 10k more then PE), but for some reason I still prefer EB. Last time I did 286k with 558 ilvl on Malkorok.

L2p issue, Elemental single target is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    7.2% damage comes from Essence of Yu'lon? You got some lucky procs there didn't you :P I get like 4% usually ;_;

Melee swings have now been fixed on world of logs so my best dps on Malkorok HC from last Thursday (31st october) has been upped to 320k and my ranking has gone up to 33rd.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=9610&e=9897

10 man, 561 gear, specced UF, and died towards the end without a second hero available. Given those circumstances I'd say 33rd is a really good rank.
    There's more adds on 25 man

Deleted
    Makes sense.

I only see posts of fights that last 3:10~3:20 min...

Either you guys are not taking this topic seriously or you guys have some problems...

Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    I only see posts of fights that last 3:10~3:20 min...

Either you guys are not taking this topic seriously or you guys have some problems...
    the fight i posted is 5:10 minutes

True.

But i still dont know why you guys bother coming here and saying "hey my Dips is Great! And i only have 574 BiS trinkets and Weapon heroic and 4Pieces(not to say thats good, but hey its a DPS increase)"...

Getting this kind of gear and doing this DPS is great and you should be proud...

But blizzard shouldnt balance a class around "Hey you Single target isnt that great now but when you get that 2 Trinkets and 15 more Ilv it will be great!"

Our dps isnt bad... but srlsy with that gear any dps can do that...

PS: you are missing a wrist enchant.

True.

But i still dont know why you guys bother coming here and saying "hey my Dips is Great! And i only have 574 BiS trinkets and Weapon heroic and 4Pieces(not to say thats good, but hey its a DPS increase)"...

Getting this kind of gear and doing this DPS is great and you should be proud...

But blizzard shouldnt balance a class around "Hey you Single target isnt that great now but when you get that 2 Trinkets and 15 more Ilv it will be great!"

Our dps isnt bad... but srlsy with that gear any dps can do that...

PS: you are missing a wrist enchant.
    Lol, i know i got these bracers yesterday on spoils ( after malk) and logged off before enchanting/gemming them.

My point is, most dps in my guild are geared like i am and skilled, when you look at single target dps, you compare yourself to other classes. And in this case, ele does really good. I'm rarely first on fights, but malkorok is one of my strong fights just because ele single target is strong.

I think you should compare the whole picture instead of one fight in one guild in one day...

I'm sure your guild is good and the other DPS is good... but that was a farming night...

If you compare the whole picture like WoL does. you will see...

Every DPS class is ahead of us...not by alot... but they are.

Deleted
    I think you should compare the whole picture instead of one fight in one guild in one day...

I'm sure your guild is good and the other DPS is good... but that was a farming night...

If you compare the whole picture like WoL does. you will see...

Every DPS class is ahead of us...not by alot... but they are.
    I'd argue that World of Logs is a bad way of judging that because top rankings take both luck and skill into account. If there are a lot of mages and warlocks above shaman, then how do you know whether the population that play mages and warlocks are not just more skilled than shaman? I mean, getting ranked 33rd on a predominantly single target fight with my 561 gear felt rather impressive - so is it not therefore just as possible that the majority of elemental shaman are just not quite as skilled as the rest? (remember, I said "in general", so don't be all "BUT I'M AMAZING AND SO SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE BE" on me )

On top of that, World of Logs shows rankings for the top 150 (I think?) players of a spec. That doesn't resemble what the other hundreds of thousands of players outside of the top 150 are doing.

There are too many variables for anyone who doesn't analyse the data Blizzard directly gains to say that we're bad compared to everyone else. And even if we were, as long as my guild is progressing then I'm happy Rankings make people too horny imo, I like to rank but I just play my best and try to get our guild through the content, whatever happens, happens.
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2013-11-07 at 03:03 PM.