Garrosh 25M Normal - Help needed

Hello everyone.

My guild is having serious problems getting past Garrosh, we just can't deal with adds + mc's for some reason, and after the empowered mc's everything falls apart.

What we do is: split in 4 groups, spread out to designated areas before weapon, after weapon immediatly hug on boss to kill mc's, spread out again for adds, and we repeat the whole progress. Yesterday we had 2 of our best tries ever, but right before going into the intermission phase we got adds, which pretty much fucked us up after we got out, is this normal?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/14572wi2vi7lzggl/

Tries 4 and 6 were our best tries ever, still couldn't get past empowered mc's. Any advices?
    We also assign 3 players for weapons on p1, the 2 boomkins and someone else.

The third intermission should never happen, your mainspec DPS by now should be able to pull 180k effective dps quite easily, so anyone below that is not maximizing their output. My only other recommendations is that you have your leatherworkers pop drums of speed and combine that with a stampeding roar before people have a chance to spread out at the start of intermissions to get the raid to Garrosh faster thus adding to your dps.
    Last edited by Nanilith; 2013-11-04 at 04:57 PM.

It looks like you're using 6 healers. Drop one of your monks and have him work on his brewmaster set. Have him kite the adds and watch as all of your problems disappear.

Also, some of your DPS is pretty bad. That's going to need fixed, too. You're at Garrosh... 130-150k single target isn't going to cut it anymore.

A question and suggestion: Are your ranged/melee running out for the NON-empowered whirlwinds, or are they all stacking on the boss? If you have them running out, stop doing that. The extra movement is a DPS loss and the damage is easily healable. After you have ranged run in for MCs, keep them there until the whirlwind is over and then drag the boss away. When desecrate goes out, have ranged run back into melee. The reason for doing it this way is that it minimizes ranged movement -- melee can continue DPSing while the boss is moving to the next position.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-11-04 at 05:02 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

As said above, you should not get the 3rd transition phase. Also, having a monk kite the little adds will make the fight a lot easier. We did 6 heal it on our first kill, but our monk and disc were in dps mode until p3 when we needed their healing.

From a holy pally point of view, this fight is not hard. DPS need to be able to push the third phase before the third transition, and the monk kiting the little adds so people don't have to worry about them makes this fight much easier. Once we decided to kite the adds, we killed it on our 3rd pull.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3008&e=3646

I found the log from our first kill, your raid dps is just too low. 1.3 mil below ours.
    Last edited by Ascended2210; 2013-11-04 at 05:16 PM.

I know 10 & 25 Man Mistweaver Healing is very different, but the gap between his Uplift / Renewing Mist Healing & Spinning Crane Kick is quite large. Not sure if that is much of an issue in the long term, but having a quick glance, that stood out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended2210 View Post
    As said above, you should not get the 3rd transition phase. Also, having a monk kite the little adds will make the fight a lot easier. We did 6 heal it on our first kill, but our monk and disc were in dps mode until p3 when we needed their healing.

From a holy pally point of view, this fight is not hard. DPS need to be able to push the third phase before the third transition, and the monk kiting the little adds so people don't have to worry about them makes this fight much easier. Once we decided to kite the adds, we killed it on our 3rd pull.
    Exactly this. Having a monk kiting completely removes the DPS check. As long as your monk is somewhat practiced in kiting (and keeps the adds away from the boss!), you'll stop having issues with MCs and you'll stop getting a third heart phase.

I know a lot of people try kiting once or twice and then give up on it, but if you have a monk that can spec into it, even if their gear blows (the monk we had on it last night was 545ish and had only hit 90 either this week or last week and he had absolutely no issues), you should definitely be doing it.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-11-04 at 05:13 PM.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    A question and suggestion: Are your ranged/melee running out for the NON-empowered whirlwinds, or are they all stacking on the boss?
    Yes, we all stack on NON-empowered whirlwinds.
    Last edited by Carolainz; 2013-11-04 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolainz View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

Yes, we all stack on NON-empowered whirlwinds.
    On the boss, right? Or are they stacking at range. Huge difference.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    On the boss, right? Or are they stacking at range. Huge difference.
    Yea we stacked on range, I guess we'll try stacking on boss today to see how it goes. Thanks

Sorry if I'm hijacking, but I have a similar request for help. We've only put one night into Garrosh but it was clear that our position strat once Garrosh gains empowered whirlwind wasn't cutting it. We use a weapon team of 6 ranged and one healer to place the desecrates around the edge of the room. After a desecrate we were asking the weapon team to stack loosely, but that vague description didn't seem to help much and we lost people to whirlwind aoe or didn't manage adds well after. Would a positioning stat like this work: img853.imageshack.us/img853/9487/r94n.jpg

No problem at all

We got him to 10% once on p3 before we got overrun with adds, since we didn't have a monk to do the kiting, and we missed some interrupts. More practice and we'll be able to kill him, thanks to everyone for the tips.

Our dps also went up a bit as you can see on today's logs:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0i802qnkjdo4z4y0/

A decent amount of your players died to annihilate over the course of the night... that should be somewhat of a concern. If I had to take a guess, I'd say that these players are either standing at range during the annihilate phase OR they're dying as they run in right as annihilates start.

If it's the former, then instruct everyone to stand in melee range during the entirety of the annihilate phase -- this makes healing easier and makes it easier to avoid getting hit.

If it's the latter... well, then that's probably being caused by your players trying to get the damage reduction orbs before running in. I've seen this most often during the scenario where the raid splits into two groups, runs down stairs and kills the two adds. Any time the orb spawns at the top of the stairs, anyone who waits for it is probably going to die without a speed boost. Instruct players to ignore the upper stair orbs and just get down and heal through it. I also see this on the Terrace of Endless Spring scenario where the adds have been AOEd and people are scrambling for orbs as the boss begins to annihilate. Again, if they can't get their orb immediately, they need to abandon it and just heal through it.

To recap: If they're DPSing from range during annihilate, make them stop. If they're dying because they're trying to get the orbs and getting hit by annihilate as they run in, make them ignore the orbs. Having them die is a pretty big chunk of damage lost and a total waste of a battle rez. Annihilate is an easy mechanic and there's little-to-no excuse for dying to it.

Best of luck!
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by HfO2 View Post
    Sorry if I'm hijacking, but I have a similar request for help. We've only put one night into Garrosh but it was clear that our position strat once Garrosh gains empowered whirlwind wasn't cutting it. We use a weapon team of 6 ranged and one healer to place the desecrates around the edge of the room. After a desecrate we were asking the weapon team to stack loosely, but that vague description didn't seem to help much and we lost people to whirlwind aoe or didn't manage adds well after. Would a positioning stat like this work: img853.imageshack.us/img853/9487/r94n.jpg

Thanks all that took the time to respond to this thread lot's of good info; and we got our kill : )

3:00 mark for tanking pro-ness
    http://www.twitch.tv/tehriceboi/c/3245051