Talents rework discussion

Please rate my idea of talent rework.

Dream patchnotes:
    www.wowhead.com/spell=108288 is now baseline for druid. Cooldown is 2 min. Duration is 10 seconds. Passive stats removed.
    www.wowhead.com/spell=5211 replaces www.wowhead.com/spell=102359.
    www.wowhead.com/spell=102793 replaces www.wowhead.com/spell=106707.
    Complete delete+rework of 90&75 level talents.

Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    Please rate my idea of talent rework.

Dream patchnotes:
    www.wowhead.com/spell=108288 is now baseline for druid. Cooldown is 2 min. Duration is 10 seconds. Passive stats removed.
    www.wowhead.com/spell=5211 replaces www.wowhead.com/spell=102359.
    www.wowhead.com/spell=102793 replaces www.wowhead.com/spell=106707.
    Complete delete+rework of 90&75 level talents.
    Um, no, don't delete my fae swarm. I use that to slow adds on a lot of fights, specifically Klaxxi and the healy oozes.

Signature Created by Jassinta

@NightZero88 I do not like these two rows of cc. Some are useful for melee/range only. Some are trash-tier.

There's not much to discuss about a rework, because you didn't rework anything but HoTW and merging some of the 2 CC tiers.

HoTW is fine as is against the other options in that tier currently. I don't think bringing 10 secs of cross spec abilities every 2 minutes makes sense in a pve raid setting (pvp could make use of it better). For PvE, I'd say that is a terrible suggested change.

As for the merge ideas. You leave us with a tier consisting of Vortex, Typhoon and Mighty Bash. Not being able to take Typhoon and Vortex would certain annoy many who take both of those talents now. Especially without seeing what the talent options would be in Tier 75.

Thematically, if you move Roar into tier 30 with vortex and typhoon, at least its all about "moving enemies around" either by knockback, snare+grip or fear.
    Mass roots + Vortex+ Typhoon, makes sense as tier option as well (all about aoe enemy placement/movement) - but then you are stripping out the potential utility of Bash and Roar.

Faerie Swarm single target snare is nice, and could be kept by making it a glyph option instead.

Even though I'm not a fan of 2 tiers of CC, you can't just get rid of one without giving us ideas about what would replace those options.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-11-04 at 07:06 PM.

@Keiura I guess you are rdruid. Roar does not suck with rdruids because they do not dot targets. Mass-root sucks for melee.
    2-minute HoTW is much better because f***ing HoTW+TRANQ macros is worst 90 talent ever. Also no-brain 6% stats is worst 90 talent ever too.
    Last edited by mmokri; 2013-11-04 at 07:30 PM.

Hmm have u consider all specs and pve/pvp when considering your talent rework, I can see the hotw change will have huge impact on pvp and as another poster said, hotw + tranq. Even with it being 6 mins and 8 min cd, my tranq can make me look like a shitty healer on healing meters (feral).

A talent might not be useful for one spec but useful for another spec, also it might have some form of usage as well. I don't use mass entanglement or f swarm much but I am sure other people find huge uses for em. If I want anything to change, I definitely wouldn't mind a 3 minute version of hotw (obviously nerfed in terms of buffing other specs). I rather use the ability two times vs once and do the same amount of work. But the way tier 6 is, I think its pretty balanced in terms of what each ability cooldown does.

Also, getting rid of tier of CC doesn't solve anything since adding another tier of talents will bring up new issues. It is very difficult to balance 3 choices around 4 specs filling in 4 roles ( tank melee range healer). Feral in pvp do take Roar when they have stuns w/ their partner or treants use to stun to prevent huge drs. As stated before, each and every talent has its own unique time and place of usage just as Blizzard hoped for.

@Williee I agree with everything but hotw. Macros hotw talent = tranq passive talent. Nerfing hotw active is not good idea because non-resto equivalents already underpowered.
    Last edited by mmokri; 2013-11-04 at 10:20 PM.

Hmm not sure about underpower, when I hotw + tranq as a feral... I am pretty much topping off the raid. But ya 3 min hotw and 8 min tranq will never line up so we do use it once either way. Personally, I've always wanted shorter cd on hotw even at the cost of nerfing its potency. Maybe its just me missing the feral class when it use to tank and dps :|