Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Best read in a long time. Felt good in my heart in a strange way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well said!

/raise glass
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    Best thread

10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't even go here!

If wow was full of hardcore people the game would fade out of existance as it would only attract a small playerbase meaning blizzard doesn't have enough money to expand content and the hardcore raiders would get bored running the same raid for 5years and one by one they would quit.

If wow was full of casuals you wouldn't have things like wowhead,mmochampion, addons, guides, petopia, warcraftpets, wowpedia etc as people arn't deciated enough to keep them online/updated. However the game would prob stay alive and kicking for many years to come it's quality would prob degrade a lot more though..why should blizz implement interesting stories and amazing raids if players only want to kill some random unknown boss for the epics.

Both have strengths and weaknnesses that they bring to the game and both are required so we should just learn to live with each other, do what you enjoy and ignore people that you don't agree with.
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-11-04 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    He doesn't even go here!

If wow was full of hardcore people the game would fade out of existance as it would only attract a small playerbase meaning blizzard doesn't have enough money to expand content and the hardcore raiders would get bored running the same raid for 5years and one by one they would quit.

If wow was full of casuals you wouldn't have things like wowhead,mmochampion, addons, guides, petopia, warcraftpets, wowpedia etc as people arn't deciated enough to keep them online/updated. However the game would prob stay alive and kicking for many years to come it's quality would prob degrade a lot more though..why should blizz implement interesting stories and amazing raids if players only want to kill some random unknown boss for the epics.

Both have strengths and weaknnesses that they bring to the game and both are required so we should just learn to live with each other, do what you enjoy and ignore people that you don't agree with.
    No, sorry, attempts to make the hardcores seem somehow vital to the casual experience or overall survival of the game are mostly nonsense. Sites like Wowhead are large for-profit businesses, not labors of love from hardcore players, and would exist as long as a few million casuals were willing to look at advertisements in order to find out where to get their pets or whatever.

The idea that Blizz only tries to write interesting stories because of the hardcore 10% or whatever is ridiculous.

Meh, I still prefer to blame casuals for everything that has gone wrong.

Casuals shot JFK because he was going to make them put in effort to get loots!

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/kathunter linked it on her Twitter. :P Well done, well said.

Yeah great post.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This... this is possible one of the best posts I've seen in the GD here on MMOC.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Excellent post!

Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    I have been reading a lot of these "Casuals versus Hardcore" threads about who is ruining World of Warcraft and there seems to be a lot of anger.
    Too much anger for a regular dude like me who likes all the stuff in WoW and doesn't see the problems that drives so many forum people crazy.

First...Thanks hardcore people. You are the people who take the time the figure out all the math behind the game and put websites up to help competetive players and casual players figure out how to maximize their toons potential. I visit your websites, watch your streams and use a lot of your add-ons to improve my raiding experience.

Hardcores are also likely the people that drive Blizzard to fix the odd mechanics or game bugs by playing the PTR, pushing the 99th percentile and understanding the need to maintain game balances. Thank you.

Second...Thanks casual people. You are the people who fill up the world and make it the 3-dimensional space and put the "MM" into MMO. Your desire for quality of life items like pets, mounts, RPG elements, crafting, easy access group adventures and driving Blizzard to work on all the world items add variety and color to a world. I think most of the people I see at Blizzcon are casuals at heart, just trying to make WoW the big party we all know it is. Thank you.

You see..my house has hardcores and casuals, living side by side, having some fun and seeing how both halves live. My wife understands why I care about min-maxing, studying raid tactics, and paying attention to small changes in toon mechanics. And I understand my wife and daughters interest in quality of life items, how they are terrified of raiding, their lack of desire to commit to a schedule and why they both loved pandas (much to my disdain).

You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

WoW is still so successful, with such an incredible variety and depth that it allows all of us to have a part of the fun.....maybe we could encourage Blizzard as a community to continue to grow all avenues of the game (hardcore and casual) and spend less time trying to block the game to anyone. Wow is still the one game I would unconditionally recommend to any of my friends or family interested in experiencing the best in online gaming.

Meh....I'm just one dude.
    ''Quality of life item like pets''

Are you just fucking with me? What a terrible thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post

Pets being accountwide is a great quality of life improvement :-)
    Don't need to buy/grind them on all chars... same goes for mounts.

Deleted
    +1
    Respect!

What is this hippie-talk about understanding people? :<

Makes the day a bit better to read a post like this
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Congratulations on making a super complacant and docile thread, just exactly the type Blizzard likes promoting.

Good boy! Go fetch your treat.

You guys must be a treat to hang out with.

Deleted

Thumbs up

Agree 100%.
    Last edited by mmoc004e31dc7e; 2013-11-05 at 01:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reported for spam.
    Dis ain't no World of Cuddlecraft.

Now go back to hating again.

A perfect post on a perfect day, power to you! And i 100% agree.

hmmm, i dont really get it. OP´s Point made is fine, i am just astonished about the replys.

Only "/agree" or "so much this^^^^^^".
    Dont get me wrong i actually like the fact that we dont seem like a miniscule conglomeration of People that may one day make up for a minority.

But normally you cant even shout out one reasonable Argument until a wave of disrespectful QQ from either the hardcores or the casuals hits you. It somehow feels like the mcdonals phenomenon. Noone goes there (if you ask the People) and always it is full.

Sorry ppl, I can't agree with that.
    It's not about hardcore vs casual. I'm like you, half of my family is/was hardcore, and the other half it is/was casual.

And i see all of them with their faults:

Hardcore: Elitists mode /on, trying to make endgame content the only thing that matter. That's a big problem, and we can see all the problems that the raid/endgame content is doing to our community (read the 5894897 posts about LFR/Flex/Normal/Hardcore modes).

Casuals:Just want to do what the game is for: endgame content, and thx to hardcores for that: only raids matter. So Blizzard just give a bad copy of this content and people are happy! Just like politicians giving a good talk and everybody agree with that, doesn't matter if the talk was about killing some kittys.

I don't know what wow could be if this two groups started working together. First of all, there aren't any "groups", there is the WoW's player-base.

P.D: Don't go mad, just my opinion, it feels that without any of this groups, wow would died long ago. I don't blame them, but I'm not with the OP.