10+ Year Old Account

Wrathion / Sablemane Interaction

Has anyone explored the potential outcomes of Baron Sablemane dealing with Wrathion should we end up on Draenor/Outland?

See it as a nice trigger for some new lore? Maybe some family squabbles?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Has anyone explored the potential outcomes of Baron Sablemane dealing with Wrathion should we end up on Draenor/Outland?

See it as a nice trigger for some new lore? Maybe some family squabbles?
    I got a feeling Wrathion is going to do something Onyxia wise.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I got a feeling Wrathion is going to do something Onyxia wise.
    Can we not resurrect Onyxia again please?

I'm certainly very interested to see these two interact. I think while Wrathion may want to kill Sabellion, they'll eventually team up and have this cool brother dynamic.
    Last edited by mmoce35ea8b457; 2013-11-07 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Can we not resurrect Onyxia again please?

I'm certainly very interested to see these two interact. I think while they Wrathion may want to kill Sabellion, they'll eventually team up and have this cool brother dynamic.

Yeah, I'm good with that. It's become a joke just like Kael'thas. Now if you'll excuse me I need to rez Onyxia again for Wrathion...for.....practical reasons. But seriously, I don't think we've seen the last of Wrathion. I fear he's...not our friend anymore.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

This is something i could get excited about, but I really hope Wrathion doesn't kill Sablemane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah, I'm good with that. It's become a joke just like Kael'thas. Now if you'll excuse me I need to rez Onyxia again for Wrathion...for.....practical reasons. But seriously, I don't think we've seen the last of Wrathion. I fear he's...not our friend anymore.
    I think we'll still be working with him, he'll just be a lot less friendly. I really don't want him to become a raid boss or anything - it'd be too predictable and I genuinely believe he has the best of intentions.

When we were discussing Wrathion's origins, I kept pointing out that Sabellion was still alive in Outland. We know of only the one Black Dragon who came from Outland, Obsidia, and she was killed at request of the Reds during the Twilight Highland chain. After this point, Wrathion declares himself the last living Black Dragon that he knows of, obviously he never goes through the Dark Portal as he provides Rogues with weapons for Dragon Soul then flies off to Pandaria.

At this point, the heir to Deathwing's legacy is Sabellion, he was his second son and was Deathwing's right-hand throughout the books. His attitude has changed, he is the only original Black dragon who doesn't threaten to kill you on-sight, outside of the interactions with the Blacks during Wrath, and he seems to be friendly with Rexxar and also being happy to give and receive aid to the Alliance during the Goc encounter in Blade's Edge. As wowpedia speculates, due to his long stay away from Azeroth, it it possible that he no longer hears the whispers of the Old Gods that afflicted his flight. Another point is that the Nether Drakes are actually Black Dragons that were exposed to the energies released by Ner'zhul's destruction of Draenor. I would actually like to see a dialgogue between Wrathion, Sabellion and Neltharaku (Leader of the Netherwing), 3 Half-brothers meeting each other for the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would love to see this happend
    of course the Lore Writers are aware of the potential
    Anduin even says: "Wrathion claims to be the last living black dragon. Do you think that's true? Weren't there others still in Outland somewhere?"

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I really feel like some cool story work could be done here. For one its known that Deathwing could only mate with Sintharia, after he used the dragon soul to destroy the blue flight and destroyed his body. That means another dragon must be Wrathion's real father, Wrathion was also an uncorrupted egg. I really like the idea that Sabellion came to Azeroth after the burning crusade and began working against Deathwing, during this he found time to father Wrathion. Sabellion would likely despise the Old Gods in the way he despised the Gronn, seeing both as the same thing.

Wrathion's story could follow an arch where Sabellion works to make him, his son, less of a brat. Sabellion could even still be considered somewhat corrupted, it would give some good internal conflict to Sabellion and external conflict with Wrathion. Treat the corruption like a disease, as Sabellion battles it, its slowly killing him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceofSpades View Post
    I really feel like some cool story work could be done here. For one its known that Deathwing could only mate with Sintharia, after he used the dragon soul to destroy the blue flight and destroyed his body. That means another dragon must be Wrathion's real father, Wrathion was also an uncorrupted egg. I really like the idea that Sabellion came to Azeroth after the burning crusade and began working against Deathwing, during this he found time to father Wrathion. Sabellion would likely despise the Old Gods in the way he despised the Gronn, seeing both as the same thing.

Wrathion's story could follow an arch where Sabellion works to make him, his son, less of a brat. Sabellion could even still be considered somewhat corrupted, it would give some good internal conflict to Sabellion and external conflict with Wrathion. Treat the corruption like a disease, as Sabellion battles it, its slowly killing him.
    "Wrathion, I am your father!"
    "No!"
    "Search your heart you know it to be true"

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    "Wrathion, I am your father!"
    "No!"
    "Search your heart you know it to be true"
    I must kill the demons!
    No, you ARE the demons!
    And then Wrathion was a zombie.