need a way to view a monitor in bed

I will be going into the dorms next year for college and I need a way to use a monitor in my bed to dual screen with my laptop. I dont wanna use space that could be used for storage... So any ideas? I can't drill holes in the walls.

Depending on the proximity of a suitable piece of furniture, like a heavy desk you could consider a desk-mounted clamp for the monitor.
    Attach it to the front rather than the rear surface and swing it over the bed.
    Would need to be a pretty hefty item of furniture to deal with that being entirely on one-side rather than over the centre of gravity.

Or try a ceiling mounted monitor mount, depending on the facilities/access you have.

Would you be putting anything else on whatever's holding the monitor? Would you be in a bunk bed? Might Google "Rolling bed desk", there are a good number of the kind of roll up from one side of the bed desks like they keep in hospitals. Not super expensive.

Also can attach something to the bed frame itself, but not sure what the rules about that are.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Sorry completely forgot about that... The hospital desk could work, any other ideas for a bed office?

Deleted
    Put a bed upright in front of your desk and strap yourself to it.

Deleted
    Prepare for back pains if you use it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Prepare for back pains if you use it every day.
    I actually have a back rest for laying in bed it doesn't make my back hurt

Look up VESA floor stands on Google.

Hopefully your monitor is VESA compliant (ie. can be removed from its factory stand). Find a stand whose base can slide under your bed so that the shaft of the stand presses up right against the bed.

A swing arm for being able to move the monitor around or bring it closer to you couldn't hurt either.

Edit: LOL
    Last edited by KaleidoGalaxy; 2013-11-07 at 01:07 AM.