Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

November 4 - Even More LFR Nerfs

Even if you no longer play or don't do LFR, it's just funny to see when they make announcements like this:

Honestly, just mail people the potential bags/loot they would've won instead of making them do the raid at this point. Siege of Orgrimmar was brilliant, the mechanics were brilliant and it was a great raid. Just because a few bad players who haven't adapted to you know basic concepts such as moving out of AoE started complaining, they felt that these constant barrages of nerfs are necessary...

LFR isn't difficult and tanks aren't leaving because they're treated like crap in LFR, they're treated like crap after every wipe. They're leaving because would you rather deal with a bunch of AFK DPS and people who for the most part speak no English for a 528 ilvl or would you rather form a group with competent people and be rewarded with ilvl 540 in Flex? The majority of casuals have moved to Flex Finder mode, leaving only the AFKers, the incredibly bad (mostly ungemmed/unenchanted/not reforged) and the Portuguese playerbase to run LFR.

Nerf it all you want, it's not going to teach players the core fundamentals of raiding or having to actually... God forbid, learn strategy to earn potential loot. I thought that an MMO revolved around hard work, grinding and team work.. apparently Blizzard is trying to re-invent what a MMO means. Oh well, I just enjoy seeing news like this as I occasionally check on MMO-C and Blizzard to see what the latest news is... I'm just waiting for more expansion information to determine whether I'll start a new account or not.

Siege of Orgrimmar
    Note: All the adjustments below affecting Raid Finder difficulty will require a realm restart to take effect!
    Galakras
    Master Cannoneer Dagryn, High Enforcer Thranok, and Lieutenant Krugruk now have less health and deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Dragonmaw Flameslinger's Flame Arrows now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Dragonmaw Tidal Shaman's Chain Heal now heals for 5% of health (down from 10%) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Iron Juggernaut
    Iron Juggernaut now has less health and deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Kor'kron Dark Shaman
    Earthbreaker Haromm's Froststorm Strike now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Wavebinder Kardris' Froststorm Bolt and Toxic Tornado now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    General Nazgrim
    General Nazgrim's Sundering Blow now has a cap at 4 stacks, allowing him to gain up to a maximum of 25 Rage (50 while in Berserker Stance) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Kor'kron Arcweavers, Kor'kron Assassins, Kor'kron Ironblades, and Kor'kron Warshamans now have less health and deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Spoils of Pandaria
    Increased the time available before the defense system fully powers up for each quadrant to 360 seconds (up from 300 seconds) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Mantid Commanders' Set to Blow ability now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Crawler Mine's Detonate! ability now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Disassembled weapons now have less health on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse's Electrostatic Charge is now also applied to player controlled pets.
    Resolved an issue where Blackfuse Sellsword's Envenomed Shadowstep was causing more damage than intended.
    Paragons of the Klaxxi
    Hisek the Swarmkeeper's Sonic Resonance should no longer damage players that were also the target of his Aim ability.
    Garrosh Hellscream
    Garrosh Hellscream now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Kor'kron Warbringers now have less health on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Farseer Wolf Riders now have less health and their Ancestral Chain Heal heals for 5% of health (down from 10%) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Minion of Y'Shaarj's Empowering Corruption is now less effective on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Empowered Touch of Y'Shaarj now increases the health of mind controlled players by 50% (down from a 100% increase) on Raid Finder difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell that to the stressed out average and good players trying to gear up alts that sit for hours hitting 4 - 10 stacks on bosses because people can't seem to adapt to the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Tell that to the stressed out average and good players trying to gear up alts that sit for hours hitting 4 - 10 stacks on bosses because people can't seem to adapt to the mechanics.
    Pretty much this, but luckily I'm in a guild with people who run Flex regularly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Average and good players with alts know it's better to just enter a flex each week. Yes, they could probably use a piece of gear from LFR but honestly it's not worth the hours put into it. Just stick to flex is what I would say. For anyone just doing LFR these nerfs should make things much easier for you and that's just fine.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

It's not that people can't adapt. It's cause the watch TV while they do LFR and completely ignore the mechanics 'cause its only LFR'. Next time someone isn't DPSing the right mobs whisper them and be like "hey can you help me focus down the adds" and watch them start dpsing different stuff next time. Works for me all the time. People just want to be lazy. They aren't going to change how LFR works this expansion so they have to nerf shit. Hopefully next expansion they put in some checks to help get rid of people afking and stuff.

Why do lfr? I recently leveled my Resto Druid, and was at 525 ilvl within 4 days. Walked right into Flex, and normal first 6 bosses.

If you want hard work, grinding and team work, LFR isn't for you. Try Flex, Normal or even Heroic. These LFR nerfs mean nothing if you're raiding in one of those three difficulties, which you should if you wanted those three aforementioned things. So I really don't see the point of this post.

I for one am happy it's easier to just run through the SoO LFRs on my numerous alts instead of wiping 10 times on Garrosh because nobody seems to know what to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Average and good players with alts know it's better to just enter a flex each week. Yes, they could probably use a piece of gear from LFR but honestly it's not worth the hours put into it. Just stick to flex is what I would say. For anyone just doing LFR these nerfs should make things much easier for you and that's just fine.
    Perfect, and for those people who can't get in due to 'low ilevel'. Unless they're willing to put a group together, having below 530 iLVL is low now.

who cares? making easy mode easier is meaningless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be that the one size fits all model of content is largely a failure.
    Could be that raid encounters and character play styles are just to god damn complex.
    Could be that subjecting huge swaths of the player base to the joys of raiding is a terrible idea.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    who cares? making easy mode easier is meaningless.
    Blizzard seems to care.

On topic, I see LFR being a "AFK and auto bash fight" by the time all the nukes are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Could be that the one size fits all model of content is largely a failure.
    Could be that raid encounters and character play styles are just to god damn complex.
    Could be that subjecting huge swaths of the player base to the joys of raiding is a terrible idea.
    No some people are just stupid and don't understand fight, and then there is some people who are running their alts and because they ran it so many time already they feel they should be carry.

Some of these fights are more of an execution issue in LFR rather than incoming damage per se (example, there's no real need to nerf the arrows on Galakras). One thing to remember is that these fights ARE tailored around everyone being in 496 gear. While that probably doesn't actually happen very often, it does need to be tailored to that level of output.

/in before "i was pulling 200k in 490 gear"

This change has no affect on flex or anything, just the people who sit AFK in LFR will sit AFK for and hour less, they still won't be able to get into flex because they won't know what they're doing due to them not doing the mechanics in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that this player is quote-worthy. He's from a top raiding guild on Stormrage and is talking on behalf of one of his alts and LFR:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10462986205#8

I just want to point out that nerfing everything in the LFR isn't going to help people be any less stupid. Nerfs will not magically force people to play their classes correctly and follow any mechanics. I didn't wipe for 2 hours on Garrosh (pre nerf) in LFR because of the mechanics, I wiped because no one would play besides 5 people, including myself.

But alrighty Blizzard. Let me know how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eren Yaeger View Post
    This change has no affect on flex or anything, just the people who sit AFK in LFR will sit AFK for and hour less, they still won't be able to get into flex because they won't know what they're doing due to them not doing the mechanics in LFR.
    that's my point, the only way it affect Flex is its a way to get to Flex faster, I stop running LFR as soon as I hit ilevel 525-530, and just run flex. but LFR is not worth running after you can do flex. All the problems and wipes (hours and hours) on stupid, dumb down mechanics is not worth a chance at gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that these nerfs are too much, way too soon. People will never learn when content is just nerfed, instead of requiring people to do the encounters properly.

Nerfing content too early just makes it worse. People will never bother to follow basic mechanics of a fight, when they are simply nerfed to the point where you can ignore them.
    Yes it is "just LFR", but continuing on this path you could just as well remove LFR.

Wish I had time for normal or higher raiding..

I was in Downfall part 4 yesterday, took me almost 7 hours of being in different groups to finally down Garrosh. People are unwilling to learn or look anything up and when I asked if anyone doesn't know tactics please speak up, no-one did......
    No need for more nerfs, just a need for people to not walk blindly in.
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redwitchy View Post
    I was in Downfall part 4 yesterday, took me almost 7 hours of being in different groups to finally down Garrosh. People are unwilling to learn or look anything up and when I asked if anyone doesn't know tactics please speak up, no-one did......
    No need for more nerfs, just a need for people to not walk blindly in.
    Pretty much this. This isn't going to make people follow mechanics or make tanks want to actually tank LFR. I wouldn't tank it because it's not worth the effort to go in there and (hopefully) get 528 loot.

Sure, the itemization on Timeless Gear is piss poor but I would rather farm the Timeless Isle for Burdens then put up with any LFR group and then move onto Flex (if you're not doing Normals).

As for people saying, "everyone wants 530 gear": I've never encountered this problem. I took my mage in there at 510 and no one cared, my hunter at 505 and no one cared and I took a Resto shaman in at 500 and no one cared.

It's so easy to form your own group on a populated server or with the use of OpenRaid + oQueue. I know the addon is down for the count at the moment but I'm sure there are sites you can still download it from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm glad to see the Nazgrim nerfs at least. You can caps shout tactics at people until your fingers are raw and bleeding. You can macro it in to try to get people to swap targets while in the fight itself. And even if people do manage to swap targets, DPS just seems so low with people at the minimum ilvl that it's painful.

No. I'm happy with the changes.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

It's not that they can't adapt, it's that most of them don't care. Some of them care, but really have no idea what's going on and might as well just be afk for all of the 35k dps/hps they are pulling. Regardless of the intentions behind LFR it has become a lazy "don't know, don't care" way to raid and gear up alts. Hell I'm convinced 4-5 of the people in every LFR I've done are bots.

People aren't going to magically start playing well in LFR because they make it hard. They'll just wipe and eventually leave the group. It just needs to be accepted that LFR groups usually consist of 5-10 people playing and 15+ other people who are either mentally or physically afk. Tune it as such. Flex is doing an excellent job of filling the raid content for more casual people. They just need to make it easier to find groups without using Oqueue.