New PvP Trinkets

Does anyone else feel like they should add different trinkets in the game? For example, every attack against you has a chance to grant you xxxx PvP Resil, or your attacks to enemy players have a chance to give you crit/haste/mastery. I feel like PvE trinkets can be popular just because they are different then just a static INT proc or on use.

It's more that the pvp trinkets are very, very weak.

I definitely would like to see better ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Weak compared to what? Don't see how you can say they're weak. Nobody uses PvE trinkets in real PvP, because they aren't as good as the PvP trinkets.

It would be interesting to see different trinkets, but proc based things that can totally change the game wouldn't really fit. If a Mage/Rogue swaps you, for example, and you happen to get lucky and a trinket procs and gives you 10% Resil or whatever the number is, then that's completely game changing. Trinkets should never be that strong.

I realize there's currently a PvP proc trinket, and yes that matters, but 2800 Str/Agi/Int isn't nearly as massive as a +Resil or even plus Crit/Haste/Mastery proc would be depending on the class. Warriors, for example, use Crit more than Str. If there was a trinket with a +2800 Crit proc it would be completely absurd. I think that's basically why they haven't added new trinkets, doing so without making them completely insane is a difficult task.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post

I definitely would like to see better ones.
    PvP trinkets are faaaaar from weak. Especially the insignia is what makes burst so retarded at times (5k agility + roughly 2-3k agility from on use nets be about 20k-25k attack power if not more and A LOT of crit chance)

I agree it'd be nice if they added more trinkets and whatnot, but I'd like it if they removed a bit of the RNG as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Weak compared to what? Don't see how you can say they're weak. Nobody uses PvE trinkets in real PvP, because they aren't as good as the PvP trinkets.
    There are still many healers that use the pve trinkets, relic of chi ji is still very good for regen. A 522 scaled down HLG is even better. It's just the dps trinkets that are not viable anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do not think strong pvp trinkets are a good idea. They can be miss used, they just need to be stronger than pve trinkets in pvp.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Weak compared to PvE trinkets.

PvE trinkets can and were used- and were bis for some classes- until THIS PATCH, and ONLY because of the free 2600 resilience on the trinkets (both of them).

This means that they suck. You only equip them because the alternative is that you don't get the damage reduction you are balanced around. Additionally, this DR doesn't scale with the trinkets- weak trinkets will do it, as will higher item level trinkets. That's not gear, that's an arm twist.

For instance, look at the very pathetic amount of agility granted via the on use (60 second cooldown trinket). Then compare that to the 522 valor trinket that was used to great effect at the beginning of last season. Now, why don't people use that trinket? Well, they had to nerf it like a zillion times. First, it gives an entirely different proc and proc rate in pvp now. Second, it's a lower item level than 522 (and will cap at 512 this season). If the pvp trinket had an attractive proc to begin with- something similar to vial of shadows or whatever- or if there were choices- this would be interesting.

Trinkets should never be that strong.
    You are playing a game where a trinket can erase any CC. I think trinkets ARE that strong. But there needs to be options for defense and offense on trinkets, and the existing trinkets are trashcan.

It would be interesting to see different trinkets, but proc based things that can totally change the game wouldn't really fit. If a Mage/Rogue swaps you, for example, and you happen to get lucky and a trinket procs and gives you 10% Resil or whatever the number is, then that's completely game changing. Trinkets should never be that strong.

I realize there's currently a PvP proc trinket, and yes that matters, but 2800 Str/Agi/Int isn't nearly as massive as a +Resil or even plus Crit/Haste/Mastery proc would be depending on the class. Warriors, for example, use Crit more than Str. If there was a trinket with a +2800 Crit proc it would be completely absurd. I think that's basically why they haven't added new trinkets, doing so without making them completely insane is a difficult task.
    Those are examples, you know they can make it so where the proc isn't broken right? And make it competitive with AGI/STR/INT procs, just would be nice to see some variety in play styles and have it not be focusing around bursting with everything popped. IDK why people would feel like say 5k haste is better than 5k INT, it isn't, the haste just offers a different kind of damage than just a huge Chaos Bolt, and instead faster CC/casts.