Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Blizzard Team Changes, Warlords of Draenor Domain Changed

Blizzard Team Changes
    The Blizzcon schedule has some interesting changes to the team working on different games, including the return of Furor to WoW.

World of Warcraft Team
    • Alex Afrasiabi (Furor) - He started out as a Quest Designer, then Lead Quest Designer up until WoTLK, then Lead World Designer in Cataclysm, then he disappeared after Tigole announced he was moving to another project (Titan), but he is apparently now back as Creative Director for the next expansion!
    • Craig Amai - He was a previously a Game Designer, and is now the Lead Quest Designer for the next expansion.
    • Dave Kosak - He was previously Lead Quest Designer, and is now the Lead Narrative Designer for the next expansion.

Heroes of the Storm Team
    • Dustin Browder - He was Game Director for StarCraft II, and is now Game Director for Heroes of the Storm
    • Matt Cooper - He was Game Balance Designer for StarCraft II, and is now Game Designer on Heroes of the Storm
    • Richard Khoo - He was Game Designer on StarCraft II, and is now Senior Game Designer on Heroes of the Storm
    • Alexander Sun - He was on the Web Team, then Game Designer on StarCraft II, and is now Senior Game Designer on Heroes of the Storm

Warlords of Draenor Domain Changed
    The WarlordsofDraenor.com domain we mentioned last week changed early this afternoon to a Forbidden error from the domain parking page previously used.

It also is now pointed to an IP address that Blizzard owns. Keep in mind that anyone can purchase a domain and point it to a Blizzard IP, as those servers currently respond to requests for any domain.

Deleted
    Why is Boub now suggesting this domain was maybe not registered by Blizzard?

What does this mean??

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Because Blizzard doesn't want it to be 100% confirmed?

/tinfoil hat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroes of the Storm Team
    Dustin Browder - He was Game Director for StarCraft II, and is now Game Director for Heroes of the Storm
    Matt Cooper - He was Game Balance Designer for StarCraft II, and is now Game Designer on Heroes of the Storm
    Richard Khoo - He was Game Designer on StarCraft II, and is now Senior Game Designer on Heroes of the Storm
    Alexander Sun - He was on the Web Team, then Game Designer on StarCraft II, and is now Senior Game Designer on Heroes of the Stor

HOLY FUCK. I'm so hyped for this game. Being a huge fan of LoL this might actually draw me away from the game. Having an all star team developing a moba BY blizzard. I think that's pretty win.

Deleted
    What does "Alex Afrasiabi (Furor)" mean?

Boub suggests that it's the same crap and has nothing to do with blizzard like http://mistsofpandaria.com/

15+ Year Old Account
    Just for thoroughness because other people would point it out anyway.

Also, Boub is at BlizzCon now; all chaud for BlizzCon.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

If HOTS have the same balancing team of Starcraft the game will be hugely amazing and well balanced.

Deleted
    The site was registered one month before the trademark was filed. If it wasn't Blizzard, who registered the domain?

Hail the return of Afrasiabi!

Quote Originally Posted by darkest4 View Post
    "Dustin Browder - He was Game Director for StarCraft II, and is now Game Director for Heroes of the Storm"

Welp, Heroes of the Storm gonna suck.
    I hope that was sarcastic. If it wasn't, then you're clearly clueless as to how successful SCII was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkest4 View Post
    "Dustin Browder - He was Game Director for StarCraft II, and is now Game Director for Heroes of the Storm"

Welp, Heroes of the Storm gonna suck.
    How? SC2 was one of the best games ever made? The expansion was the top selling PC game for the past 9 months. Your opinion is outnumbered by a hefty amount of Korean gamers who live their lives to play this game. It was one of the best made RTS games in the history of man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humle View Post

its a person, Furor is his nick name, like Greg street (ghostcrawler), he was one of the main devs i think for early WoW. a very cool person to see back on the WoW team!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    Hail the return of Afrasiabi!
    I really missed him

Furor coming back as a lead creative director for this next expansion makes me very, very interested all of a sudden.

Why would you be happy to see Furor back, you realize he was lead on Cataclysm right?

10+ Year Old Account
    He is covering his tracks !!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Humle View Post
    It means all hybrids must be nerfed into the ground!

Deleted
    The site was registered one month before the trademark was filed. If it wasn't Blizzard, who registered the domain?
    It can be anyone.Even you can register a domain on Blizzard and just have everyone speculate about "your" expansion.