Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    I'm pretty sure its worded like this for legal reasons to cover stuff on laptop's phones etc like the wow mobile armory and shit. Stop speculating so much and just wait for Blizzcon :3
    Yes!! Reading all these posts the past few days about people wondering why they word it like this i just had to post.

It is a trademark, it is meant to keep others from using your IP (this includes name, icons etc). If they do not mention portable devices someone else might make an iOS or Android app and call it Warlords of Dreanor or Warlords of Draenor manual, like we see with so many IP's.

Now keep in mind that we will be seeing this happening more often in the future now that portable devices have become this popular.

It seems as if people think that the trademark is something that Blizzard needs to file in order to release a product, this of course is not the case, they can release manuals without including it in the trademark.

Quote Originally Posted by Tebs View Post
    Yes!! Reading all these posts the past few days about people wondering why they word it like this i just had to post.

It is a trademark, it is meant to keep others from using your IP (this includes name, icons etc). If they do not mention portable devices someone else might make an iOS or Android app and call it Warlords of Dreanor or Warlords of Draenor manual, like we see with so many IP's.

Now keep in mind that we will be seeing this happening more often in the future now that portable devices have become this popular.

It seems as if people think that the trademark is something that Blizzard needs to file in order to release a product, this of course is not the case, they can release manuals without including it in the trademark.
    So why didn't they include portable devices for Diablo 3's expansion?

Word Mark REAPER OF SOULS

Goods and Services
    IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices, interactive multimedia computer game programs

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games, providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network, providing online news and information in the field of computer games

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Definitely a hearthstone expac or a new mobile game:

"Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs."

Doesn't get clearer than that, but the fact that Boub refered to it as a WoW expansion still leaves enough room for doubt. We'll know this week!!!
    I've played WoW on a laptop... Also, maybe they've added this section due to the fact that 'tablet PCs" are more than capable of playing WoW as well.
    Last edited by Stasis007; 2013-11-05 at 09:08 AM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stasis007 View Post
    I've played WoW on a laptop...
    I play WoW on a laptop
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Amazed that adds on Blackfuse hp got lowered......I have only ran in once and was told 2 people needed t do it. Ofc the 2nd person didn't go up so I was there alone.....but then I found the adds had 1.1m hp....this is down from 3.3 on normal which I solo. Since you do not get the debuff (that I noticed)I just stood over at the belt and solo'd it for the full fight.

LFR shouldn't have achievements attached to it if they are gonna nerf it to the poin that you can almost ignore machanics...even though they said only last week that nerfing fights so mechanics can be ignored is something they didn't want to do

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    Im guessing that Battle.net WoW image of Thrall is just a placeholder untill the next Expac is official announced at Blizzcon.
    There is the same Trall image on the BlizzCon banners. I doubt they would use placeholder graphics for that event.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mischievousboy View Post

Goods and Services
    IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices, interactive multimedia computer game programs

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games, providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network, providing online news and information in the field of computer games
    Well you just posted it didn't you ? Class 9 is much more then what is listed in your quote.

it's so surprising how a lot of people keep saying it's a hearthstone expansion , the game is still in beta...and concerning the portable devices in the trademark registry, it could be pretty much anything ,it could just as well be a new mobile armory

Goods and Services

Because wow is the only game with a mobile app that lets u use the AH and chat with other guildies.

LFR: we now activated "faceroll mode, stage 2".

Quote Originally Posted by Tebs View Post
    Well you just posted it didn't you ? Class 9 is much more then what is listed in your quote.
    Yes, but my point is they always include specific things in the class 9 trademark depending on what the product is. Go to the US trademark site and look up Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm, Legacy of the Void. They all make mention of game manuals and software being sold as a unit and anything else that's specific to the game such a mousepads.

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    Amazed that adds on Blackfuse hp got lowered......I have only ran in once and was told 2 people needed t do it. Ofc the 2nd person didn't go up so I was there alone.....but then I found the adds had 1.1m hp....this is down from 3.3 on normal which I solo. Since you do not get the debuff (that I noticed)I just stood over at the belt and solo'd it for the full fight.

LFR shouldn't have achievements attached to it if they are gonna nerf it to the poin that you can almost ignore machanics...even though they said only last week that nerfing fights so mechanics can be ignored is something they didn't want to do
    No achievements are linked to LFR except for killing bosses, so they can nerf it to the ground and it will have no effect to nerd points whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    Because wow is the only game with a mobile app that lets u use the AH and chat with other guildies.
    Doesn't the Battle.net Armory app for mobile devices have a separate trademark?
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

Quote Originally Posted by Dyminator View Post
    Doesn't the Battle.net Armory app for mobile devices have a separate trademark?

I'm not sure, I think so. But after thinking about it I have come up with the idea blizzard plans to make "pet battles" for Tablets and some Mobile apps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Blizzard say they would like to make Battle.Net app for mobile devices, but had no plans for it then since Battle.Net desktop client wasn't even in open beta yet? Maybe they are preparing for it in advance, merge it with WoW armory, add remote instals ( like steam has ), and other stuff.

Deleted
    Yes, but my point is they always include specific things in the class 9 trademark depending on what the product is. Go to the US trademark site and look up Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm, Legacy of the Void. They all make mention of game manuals and software being sold as a unit and anything else that's specific to the game such a mousepads.
    There could be a number of reasons, remember these trademark requests are filed by different employees, each could have a different approach within the specified policy of the company. Also if a trademark is too broad you increase the risk of objections.

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post

And yet people are wiping, being stuck in >>ONE<< LFR for 4 hours is NOT intended, having all normal mechanics would make it to hard for an unorganized group to kill in most cases.
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post
    Guess it's official now huh?
    can you not see its for use for mobile phones, tablets etc? So its a Hearthstone Expac....

Why does the trademark say mobile devices and tablets? It can't be for WoW, unless they're making an app to do pet battles or something. But even still, there's no mention in the trademark of game manuals, mousepads, etc.

Also that old image of Thrall being plastered outside the convention center is interesting. Leads me to believe they really want to keep the expansion a secret until the announcement.
    Isn´t there a mobile AH app?

or it could just be them being thorough.

or the more likely situation where it is just a defensive copyright to prevent someone else from throwing up some terrible app with the same name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardnonentertainment View Post
    WoW if this is the name of the expansion i will be fuckin shocked. 5 year old kid could come up with better name. This just sounds so retarded on so many levels......... also the name reeks of reusing old Tbc content. If the new expansion is Warlords of draenor then R.I.P. WOW. with The Dark below i had some hopes for this game. Now I have none. Looks like i will skip another expansion.
    The irony of someone saying something sounds like it is from a 5 year old.. and then using the word ´retarded´...

pot, meet kettle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its beyond obvious this is the next wow xpansion. So much denial everywhere lol.

The title also meshes well with what should have been expected considering all the hints from blizzard regarding illidan's return/alleria/turalyon's return and all the "impending burning legion return" hints.