Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardnonentertainment View Post
    WoW if this is the name of the expansion i will be fuckin shocked. 5 year old kid could come up with better name. This just sounds so retarded on so many levels......... also the name reeks of reusing old Tbc content. If the new expansion is Warlords of draenor then R.I.P. WOW. with The Dark below i had some hopes for this game. Now I have none. Looks like i will skip another expansion.
    Good for you....and there is us here not giving a....

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Its beyond obvious this is the next wow xpansion. So much denial everywhere lol.

The title also meshes well with what should have been expected considering all the hints from blizzard regarding illidan's return/alleria/turalyon's return and all the "impending burning legion return" hints.
    I think the thing that's putting most people off it is the leak that claims we'll be going back in time, hence Warlords of 'Draenor' and not 'Outland'. If we do go back in time, there'll be no return of Illidan, no Alleria or Turalyon, no revamped Outland, no Argus, no Xoroth, no revenge of the Burning Legion, just the old Orc clans, the Draenei, and one hell of a historical mess and retcons.

I'm still holding out hope for The Dark Below, because I like the Naga and Old Gods a lot and I want to see both Nazjatar and Ny'Alotha more than anything. But, I'm down for a return of the Legion. It'd be awesome adventures beyond our world again, and possibly playable Ogres or Arrakoa or even Ethereals.
    What I don't wait is what the leaks and speculation hints Warlords of Draenor will be, which would involve a whole expansion of time-travel and a massive headache for anyone following the storyline.

Has it occured to anyone that the reference to the portable devices could be related to pet battles? It was suggested a long time ago that they could make those mobile. Perhaps they're actually doing that.

Very un-interesting name for an expansion IMO. I think thats probably the main reason why so many here are hoping this is not the WOW expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    The point of LFR is to be easy content that someone can jump into and get done.
    That's what scenarios are for. I feel that LFR should be replaced by Flex in 6.0

More scenarios and more 5 mans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lukesh View Post
    World of Warcraft - Warlords of Draenor

sounds just too shitty to be true
    And 'Mists of Pandaria' doesn't?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardnonentertainment View Post
    WoW if this is the name of the expansion i will be fuckin shocked. 5 year old kid could come up with better name. This just sounds so retarded on so many levels......... also the name reeks of reusing old Tbc content. If the new expansion is Warlords of draenor then R.I.P. WOW. with The Dark below i had some hopes for this game. Now I have none. Looks like i will skip another expansion.
    So you're not going to buy the game because it has a less than creative name? 'World of Warcraft' is hardly a super flashy name either and yet here you are. How ironic

People were rioting about the Dark Below being a bad idea. Now that the most recent rumors peg the new expansion as set in Draenor, we're getting the same nonsense all over again.

I fail to see how such an expansion name is bad. It speaks of battle. It speaks of clans, warlords, and heavily storied content. In the past, yes. We'll be reliving Warcraft History. My, that does sound terrible indeed.

And to the idiots that STILL believe this implies revamped content from TBC: TBC was present time. Outland is present time. Outland is NOT Draenor, it's all that is left of Draenor. Enough with the revamp speculation already, jesus christ. Stop pulling stuff out of your asses without even checking lore. Most of the whining doesn't make a thread of sense.

As for people still claiming this is a Hearthstone expansion, when the game isn't even out of beta, words fail me.
    Last edited by HamsterFabulous; 2013-11-05 at 10:59 AM.

I for one cannot wait to play the next wow expansion on my cellular phone. Obviously gonna be the dark below lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterFabulous View Post
    People were rioting about the Dark Below being a bad idea. Now that the most recent rumors peg the new expansion as set in Draenor, we're getting the same nonsense all over again.

I fail to see how such an expansion name is bad. It speaks of battle. It speaks of clans, warlords, and heavily storied content. In the past, yes. We'll be reliving Warcraft History. My, that does sound terrible indeed.

And to the idiots that STILL believe this implies revamped content from TBC: TBC was present time. Outland is present time. Outland is NOT Draenor, it's all that is left of Draenor. Enough with the revamp speculation already, jesus christ. Stop pulling stuff out of your asses without even checking lore. Most of the whining doesn't make a thread of sense.
    To be fair, the idea of travelling back to pre-Legion Draenor brings up a lot of problems. For example (based off the time-travel speculation and supposed leaks):
    -Wouldn't some people like Velen who lived through those events recognise us back in the present?
    -How will the orcs forget about creatures such as the player Goblins, Pandaren, Worgen, Trolls, Gnomes, etc? Since they obviously aren't familiar with them when they first saw them in older games, what causes them all to forget us at the end of the xpac?
    -Are we in disguise like in Caverns of Time? If so, I'm sure it'd annoy a lot of players to be stuck in say Orc or Draenei or some other form for the expansion.
    -It feels a bit strange and somewhat underwhelming to be fighting Garrosh and Deathwing again, after they already had an expansion each building them up as the main villain for their story. To then go back and fight them again, as downgraded versions (by which I mean lesser story elements than 'final boss') feels a bit sucky.
    -Ultimately, we already know what's going to happen. For our timeline to continue existing, we'd have to either engineer the events that caused the Orcs downfall into fel-corruption, or stop others from preventing it. In either case, we already know how it all works out.

Time-travel, at least in my opinion, works best in smaller doses. Such as the Caverns of Time instances. It's a lot easier to work our appearances (mostly disguised) into single events like ensuring Thrall escapes Durnholde Keep, or keeping Arthas on the path we already know he took in our timeline. A whole expansion based off that concept could cause massive plot holes, inconsistencies and overall be a massive headache to follow.

Regarding the BNet Profile pictures, right clicking on any picture and then selecting view background image leads to this link/picture:

eu.battle.net/account/static/images/account/beta-opt-in.jpg

Where there is a 5th image of Arthas and a Marine. What do you think? Heroes of the Storm future Beta Opt-In maybe?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0ogdann View Post
    Regarding the BNet Profile pictures, right clicking on any picture and then selecting view background image leads to this link/picture:

eu.battle.net/account/static/images/account/beta-opt-in.jpg

Where there is a 5th image of Arthas and a Marine. What do you think? Heroes of the Storm future Beta Opt-In maybe?
    With Heroes of the Storm being showcased at Blizzcon, beta opt-in might be enabled immediately, maybe we'll even get a date.

I hope the expansion has:

Old Gods
    Burning Legion
    Illidan
    Grand scale PvP

Just my hopes.

Deleted
    >cellular phone and tablet PC

NOT A WOW XPAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    snip
    I agree, there are buttload of problems with Draenor being the next expansion and I'm completely unsure of how exactly it should play out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    >cellular phone and tablet PC

NOT A WOW XPAC.
    Well as far as I'm concerned there's that AH thingy and a guild management option.

Oh man. I can't wait to raid those threads about "the dark below being 100 % it" when official announcement about warlods of draenor hits.

Quote Originally Posted by lukesh View Post
    World of Warcraft - Warlords of Draenor

sounds just too shitty to be true
    Mists of Pandaria sounds even more shitty yet it happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the unknown is scaring everyone a little and making them lash out all over these forums. The name means nothing until we see all the facts of what the expansion will bring.
    Mists of Pandaria sounded very weird - it's arguably the best expansion to date (personal opinions ofc). If they take the positives from this expansion we have and implement it in this one Im really looking forward to it.

Yes time travel is tricky and can be a mind fcuk for people but hey they might pull it off better than you think, they may do things you never thought about and certainly the bad people may not be the people you were expecting.

Hell I am expecting a very Wrathion heavy story line, I personally love this character and looking forward to seeing where they take him. Everyone thinks deathwing and garrosh (based obviously in these 100% legit leaks lol).

I'm thinking... we have 3 days to go and we should all just wait and see.. and tbh all these kiddywinkles who are nerd raging over the name and oh Im gonna skip another expansion - CYA!

Bring on the announcements ! and let the fires buuuuurn

All of the people saying they hate the name are still going to buy it. Bunch of tools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexilius View Post
    All of the people saying they hate the name are still going to buy it. Bunch of tools.
    lol ano. And then they will complain about it even more :d

Deleted
    Sure maybe this means WoD is the next expansion or maybe Blizzard just duped the whole internet. The whole rumour mill and trademarking is and has been crazy this year. Personally I would love Blizzard to pull out a big surprise this friday because I'm still dubious about trademarks ahead of time. Can't Blizzard just register anything they want at no cost, just to throw us off the scent?

Hurray.. Yet another xpac with Thrall. Yet another xpac with angry orcs. I love wow, but god damn this is going to be hard for me to enjoy playing onwards.

I think the problem people are having with WoD, if it is the expansion, is that an expansion based around time travel is going to feel lackluster. Sure, it will be cool to see Grom and Gul'dan and Ner'zhul and all of those guys, but it's going to feel like Caverns of Time extended for an entire expansion. Personally I like time travel, but it's a dangerous line as it's very easy to just mess up everything you've built up, or go with the "Nothing you did mattered in the end" kind of scenario, which would piss people off.