Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    How do you know that?
    He say that cause normally Time-travel centered games are shit or epic (there are no good or bad time-travel games)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The debate is over. WoD is the new expansion.

The only question is what theme is it. Legion, or Bronze?

Personally, after playing through Cata, reading all these leaks, and knowing enough about basic time travel fiction.... I'm really hoping it's not Bronze-themed. As there is no way Blizz can make a decent and coherent story about it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    We don't know that yet, don't jump to that conclusion yet, in Draenor we may see:

-How the Horde was made (Orc + Ogre story mainly orc)
    We already know how the horde was made. It was like Season 1 episode 1 of "How it's made".
    -What happened to the Arakkoa city, what are the strange relics that are around Outland (Arakkoa lore)
    I'm not interested in Arakkoa lore, simply because I'm old enough to realize that they are just a bad Skexxis reference. At no point throughout my time playing WoW have I ever had any interest in fleshing out the Arakkoa story. My relationship to them is a love hate relationship. "YOU GIVE ME QUEST ITEM, KTHKXBYE"
    -When the Gronn were one of the biggest problem in Draenor (Gronn -the race- + Ogres lore)
    I just don't find the Gronn characters to be very interesting. They don't exude "AWESOME SECRETS" like Ogres, and Draenei and Worgen etc.
    -When the Draenei arrived at Draenor (Draenei lore)
    This is one of the more interesting possibilities for WoD. So *crosses fingers*
    -When the Burning Legion corrupted the Orcs (Burning Legion + Orc + Draenei)
    Been there, done that.
    -When the Dark Portal was opened (Alliance + Orc + Burning Legion + Medivh)
    Been there, done that.
    -WHERE THE FUCK IS ALLERIA AND TURALYON! (Alliance)
    Presumably wandering the twisting nether or dead. So unless they return from the twisting nether, or the dead, the only way to bring them back is to go back in time to Warcraft 2. But I already played Warcraft 2.
    -How, when and why the Ethereal came to Outland (Ethereal)
    The other interesting possibility for WoD. Ethereals.
    -Sporelings lore -we know nothing about them-
    Could care less about them TBH.
    -Destruction of Draenor (Orc + Alliance + Burning Legion + Medivh)
    Been there done that. It happened in between WC2: Beyond the Dark Portal and WC3. But the bottom line is it happened before World of Warcraft. I think it would make a super cool CoT instance, but other than that let bygones be bygones.

Ok let's look back at the lore of Draenor we need to look at the history of the Draenei/Eredar.
    In the past on the planet Argus lived the species of the Eredar. Then Sargeras visited them and corrupted their powerful mages. The Eredar split into those who became corrupted with demonic energy (Their name was Man'ari) and followed their leader Kil'Jaeden to fight for Sargeras Burning Legion. The other Eredar left the planet and found Draenor. They settled down and called themself Draenei (the race you can play now). The Orcs where the natives on Draenor with brown skin and they where the dominant species there (like humans on earth). But the Man'ari found the Draenei and to kill their uncorrupted brothers and sisters the Man'ari corrupted the Orcs, too. The orcs turned red and green from the fel-corruption and hunted the Draenei. When one of the corrupted Orc Shaman Ner'zhul tried to open a portals to new planets to conquer them something went wrong and Draenor was destroyed by the chaotic powers of the portals. Only a small part of it was left, now called "Outlands" or "Shattered World".

So who are the Warlords here? I say the biggest warlords in this story are the Man'ari and the Legion following Kil'Jaeden. And Kil'Jaeden is working for Sargeras.
    So if we fight the Warlords of Draenor we fight corrupted Eredar and the final boss has to be Kil'Jaeden (since he is a mortal and unlike the god-like Titan Sargeras).
    We already had a fight with Kil'Jaeden but never killed him, just prevented him from getting out of the Sunwell.

Let's look at other clues from Blizzard. At Blizzcon Chris Metzen told the following things at Blizzcon (if you don't believe, listen yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5WV7JewgQc and all the following parts):

1. He is a sucker for a good redemption story and he likes Illidan and it's likely they will bring him back - and he says nobody in Warcraft is really dead, there are always ways to bring them back. So I expect Illidan to help us this time, not fight us.
    2. He said he wants to visit Argus (!) and hinted a shining fleet of Draeneis out there (he said technically that those would be the Protoss from Starcraft)
    3. He said we will need the help of Alleria and Turalyon and with MoP we got a new loading screen tip that says "No one has seen Alleria and Turalyon for years."
    When did we see them the last time? When Draenor shattered. They where left behind. Maybe they found a way to fleet to Argus and will now help us to get to Argus the same way.
    4. Metzen also said about Kil'Jaeden the following: "...but now he's dealing with completely different emotions." He explained that back then he "...wanted to eradicate all life, and it wasn't really personal...Now it's personal. We will likely see him...AGAIN."
    5. The Black Prince Wrathion tells us directly that the Burning Legion will come back to Azeroth. This is the most important quote since it's clear and without much room for interpretation. When Wrathion talks to Chi-Ji in Chapter IV: Celestial Blessings of the Legendary Cloak questchain he replys to Chi-Ji:
    Wrathion says: ...the fires that once burned the sky will return. It is inevitable. The Burning Legion WILL find Azeroth.
    Wration says: Seas of blood, cities in ruin! Who are we - one divided world - to stand against a legion?
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-11-05 at 03:12 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol @ these people labeling the expansion before it comes out. Shut up really.

Also do you think the Warlords of Draenor expansion will go into beta? Blizzcon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly at this point I don't care. As long as it's nothing like that horrible "leak" posted a few days ago, I'll be happy. Was really looking forward to an Azshara expansion but oh well. Don't think I'll come back for this expac but I'm still curious.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Argus
    Yes please. However if Blizzard is going to milk it, and have a 10 year lead-up to it, where every 2 years we get some diversionary xpac to "build up" the necessary plot points to appease the raging lore nerds "OMG WTF KIL'JAEDEN WILL GO SUPER SAIYAN AND KILL US ALL IF WE TRY TO FIGHT HIM AT FULL POWER." I'm not going to stick around.

I'm 30 years old now. Don't have time for that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    Lol @ these people labeling the expansion before it comes out. Shut up really.

Also do you think the Warlords of Draenor expansion will go into beta? Blizzcon?
    We'll probably see a much faster turnover between announcement and beta then we had in the past. Previous expansions were always announced before the final raid tier of the preceding expansion even hit the PTR. Expansion 5 on the other hand is being announced 2 months after MoP's final raid tier was released.

Having said that I think we'll see the beta in January, with the expansion itself being released sometime in the spring. Prior to this we could see a 5.5 patch that might hit the PTR as early as a week after BlizzCon and go live in time for the holiday season.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    We already know how the horde was made. It was like Season 1 episode 1 of "How it's made".

I'm not interested in Arakkoa lore, simply because I'm old enough to realize that they are just a bad Skexxis reference. At no point throughout my time playing WoW have I ever had any interest in fleshing out the Arakkoa story. My relationship to them is a love hate relationship. "YOU GIVE ME QUEST ITEM, KTHKXBYE"

I just don't find the Gronn characters to be very interesting. They don't exude "AWESOME SECRETS" like Ogres, and Draenei and Worgen etc.

This is one of the more interesting possibilities for WoD. So *crosses fingers*

Been there, done that.

Been there, done that.

Presumably wandering the twisting nether or dead. So unless they return from the twisting nether, or the dead, the only way to bring them back is to go back in time to Warcraft 2. But I already played Warcraft 2.

The other interesting possibility for WoD. Ethereals.

Could care less about them TBH.

Been there done that. It happened in between WC2: Beyond the Dark Portal and WC3. But the bottom line is it happened before World of Warcraft. I think it would make a super cool CoT instance, but other than that let bygones be bygones.
    Remenber that if is a time-travel expansion to a different timeline many things can change so most of the past plots may have changed a lot, and the Arakkoa storyline is pretty cool IMO, it just depend on who you ask :P

And we don't know for sure if those are the only 2 way to see Turalyon and Alleria, they may have taken a portal somewhere else, they may have ended up in another part of Outland that we have not find yet, they may have find themself throwed back in time, they may have been corrupted by the Burning Legion and now they are the one who lead the Burning legion in Outland, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There's going to be a WoW expansion there. The Panels there show this. You don't need to be purposely obtuse to know this.
    Not to mention if they leave the expac announcement to 2014 they will be effectively killing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The debate is over. WoD is the new expansion.

The only question is what theme is it. Legion, or Bronze?

Personally, after playing through Cata, reading all these leaks, and knowing enough about basic time travel fiction.... I'm really hoping it's not Bronze-themed. As there is no way Blizz can make a decent and coherent story about it.
    they are not in any particular way exclusive

Imagine the Well of Eternity wing of the Hour Twilight writ large.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    they are not in any particular way exclusive

Imagine the Well of Eternity wing of the Hour Twilight writ large.
    Yeah...and think of the immersion issues with this. Yeah game mechanics but it will become..... a little distracting.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah...and think of the immersion issues with this. Yeah game mechanics but it will become..... a little distracting.
    I agree with you with the immersion problem, the only thing that worries me about the WoD expansion is the constant jump in time, that may make it harder to have immersion...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonteh View Post
    Just based on the name since we don't know anything else about it. Draenor being the Orc homeworld and blizzard being known to be biased towards the Horde.
    I'm not saying that it definitely will happen just that I suspect it.
    Take your shit elsewhere. TBC came out and Blizzard retconned all major Orc fortresses and camps into Draenei temples and shit. Come on, just because it's set on Outland doesn't mean it has to favour Horde. TBC didn't favour any side imo.

All i fucking want, is for it not to be entirely horde/orc focused.
    Draenei lore, ethereal lore, anything but only orc lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    I will say one thing, when Heroes of the Storm came out, people said it sounded like a rebranding of Blizzard All-Stars. Warlords of Draenor does sound like it could Hearthstone or Warcraft 4 related. I think we are all in for a very big surprise.
    Maybe they will announce Warcraft 4. But there is no way that it's going to get released in the next 4 years. Look how long SC2 took to get released. If they are planning to release Warcraft 4 next year it means they would be making it alongside SC2 which is impossible since they only have 1 RTS team.

I could see it being "Warcraft 4" as a small RTS (maybe even turn based) game for phones rather than a big budget affair like SCII
    but it is probably the expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    The timeline and focus of what 'Warlords of Draenor' is about, would heavily indicate to me Warcraft 4. I just don't see them doing 'Garrosh time travels into the past and we relive the events prior to the first opening of the Dark Portal' in WoW, it sounds so dumb compared to all the already laid framework for something like a south seas/dark below expansion. Not to mention it would fit pretty well with where Warcraft 3 left off, or even the alternate timeline to it.

TL : DR
    probably Warcraft 4. too silly of a storyline to fit into WoW's current story and what should happen next.

If I'm wrong, probably going to quit tbh. The Lore/storyline in WoW is very important to my enjoyment of the game, a rehashed outlands with redone bosses/characters who we've already seen before in the main story would so ridiculously boring to me, that I'd probably just stop playing. At least Pandaria was new, I particularly loved the idea of the Sha and the whole theme of the expansion was very different, but worked well with existing lore.
    Last edited by Riven; 2013-11-05 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what does 'immersion' mean?

you throw the word around like some sort of talisman but it seems like an empty nominalization of 'what i like' versus 'what i don't like' or perhaps 'what disbelief i am willing to suspend' versus 'what disbelief i am unwilling to suspend'

both of which seem rather arbitrary and personal.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Just throwing this out there but "Heroes of the Storm" sounds like a legitimate alliance counter to the horde's "Warlords of Draenor". Could it be possible that we see something different? A system allowing for a different storyline and expansion package for each faction? It would allow them to make double cash off a large chunk of the playerbase and might even add a little more horde vs alliance view to the game that it has so badly been missing since WotLK. Think Pokemon Gold and Silver with WoW :P. Just an idea.