Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    most of the leaks for Warlords of Draenor sound like utter shit/fan fiction. So what happens if the person who leaked the first information on it, like a few hours before the trademark was found, was actually the first person to find it, and all the Chinese "leak" has been utter giberish until after the trademark was found, and then all of a sudden, the guy begins posting everything, and not just giberish. Smells like tuna to me.

So at this point, with the utter crap story of the coming expansion, that apparently has been leaked all the way till 6.4 >.> is nothing but fanfiction, and noone knows anything of the expansion until it actually comes out at blizzcon? This would actually make me happy, not knowing anything... besides the name of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    most of the leaks for Warlords of Draenor sound like utter shit/fan fiction. So what happens if the person who leaked the first information on it, like a few hours before the trademark was found, was actually the first person to find it, and all the Chinese "leak" has been utter giberish until after the trademark was found, and then all of a sudden, the guy begins posting everything, and not just giberish. Smells like tuna to me.

So at this point, with the utter crap story of the coming expansion, that apparently has been leaked all the way till 6.4 >.> is nothing but fanfiction, and noone knows anything of the expansion until it actually comes out at blizzcon? This would actually make me happy, not knowing anything... besides the name of the expansion.
    Oh likewise. They story sounds worse than most fanfiction I've read, and I read a 200-page fanfic about a mary sue who turned into a black dragon and saved the world from Deathwing.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    only boring people are bored.
    Thank you for your incredible input.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    You conviently ignore how we don't know the context of the next expansion so yeah I think his comment wasn't far off.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Draenor was the orc home world. It is now known as Outland after being ripped apart.

The Draenei race took their name after the orc homeworld in which they settled... after the destruction of their home planet.
    The Draenei were the ones who named the planet, after themselves. The Orcs had no concept of other worlds before their contact with the Draenei. If Draenor had a name before they showed up it was probably "The Earth" except in Orcish.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    just because you lack imagination doesn't mean every one else also lacks imagination.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You conviently ignore how we don't know the context of the next expansion so yeah I think his comment wasn't far off.
    Actually I stated, based on current lore in the game universe what the context of the name could describe, this does not cover (which I said in my post) non-current lore which could be added, and covered the more common theories/speculations which are completely impersonal, I simply stated that those concepts would be nonsensical/not convincing in the current lore, making them boring.

So in other words, the concerns in the post are legitimate, and a comment of that manner deserves a sarcastic response.

I remembered why I hate MMO-champ forums, clowns everywhere that don't actually understand anything.
    Last edited by Riven; 2013-11-05 at 04:30 PM.

Imagine if it was a pre-First War prequel WC4. That'd be neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    The Draenei were the ones who named the planet, after themselves. The Orcs had no concept of other worlds before their contact with the Draenei. If Draenor had a name before they showed up it was probably "The Earth" except in Orcish.
    Off topic, but does anyone else think it's weird that we named our planet a word that is essentially synonymous with 'dirt, mud, or soil'

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic, but does anyone else think it's weird that we named our planet a word that is essentially synonymous with 'dirt, mud, or soil'
    I tend not to think about it. >_>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Will they make Ogres finally playable?

Make it happen and I am going to wait for BlizzCon for the big reveal.
    For the Horde!

I don't understand trademarks. Isn't it enough to trademark something in one country? For example only New Zealand.

If not, why people don't trademark it right away in the US or EU every time Blizzard announces something first in New Zealand or other single country and try to get lots of money from theme?

Also, if the expansion name is really WoD and involves time travel and more Hellscream, even if it has amazing features, i am not sure i want to play that. I still have hope it's something else. If not, just gonna go straight to Wildstar or TES:O when they release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I stated, based on current lore in the game universe what the context of the name could describe, this does not cover (which I said in my post) non-current lore which could be added, and covered the more common theories/speculations.

So in other words, the concerns in the post are legitimate, and a comment of that manner deserves a sarcastic response.
    your premise is creating an unfair basis for comparison

Any element of lore that exists would be boring if it were made into an expansion into which no non-current lore were added, all expansions are predicated on including something new, and if you start with the premise: 'based on the assumption nothing new is added' well then the idea that the expansion will be boring is a foregone conclusion and you have added nothing to the discussion.

Is our planets name synonymous with other words in other languages? It is an odd thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockblood View Post
    happy to see its official. pity it is probably going to be another orc focused expansion.
    It could also be co-focused on .... Draenei/Eredar, Ogre, Naaru, Burning Legion, Medivh.....
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Deleted
    I am 100% sure this is going to be something Warcraft-related. Not sure what yet.

If they are going to update Outland though that would make sense. Then we can get a Northrend expansion afterwards haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    They are still missing the mousepad tho
    Maybe they aren't including a mousepad this time.. <shrug> Maybe the Collector's Edition is including something else.
    World of Warcraft Collector's Edition didn't have a mousepad, it had a cloth map of Azeroth.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    your premise is creating an unfair basis for comparison

Any element of lore that exists would be boring if it were made into an expansion into which no non-current lore were added, all expansions are predicated on including something new, and if you start with the premise: 'based on the assumption nothing new is added' well then the idea that the expansion will be boring is a foregone conclusion and you have added nothing to the discussion.
    In this situation, no non-current lore means, if the expansion were to be about what I posted in my original post, or any of the obvious other theories, it would suck in the current state of the game. Clearly it also means that if it's not anything to do with any of more obvious conclusions, it has no basis in existing lore that I know of.

Therefore it has the potential be equally sucky unless they really quickly built up a good and convincing backstory, but compared to the other unfinished story arcs in the game, there wouldn't be much point pursuing that as an expansion, and would fit much better as Warcraft 4. I thought that was pretty clearly outlined in my OP, guess not. Perhaps I'm too tired.
    Last edited by Riven; 2013-11-05 at 04:45 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    they are not in any particular way exclusive

Imagine the Well of Eternity wing of the Hour Twilight writ large.
    Oh they're not exclusive.

But as themes they are. You can't go back in time to defeat the Legion in the present.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way I would accept Warlords of Draenor and be happy with it if it has nothing to do with time-travel and Grom.

If it included:
    Going to Argus to take on the Kil'jaden and some of the other demoic warlords there then fine. But going back in time is not fun and killing another orc is also... not fun..