Poll: Like the idea?

Should they turn the old raids into dungeons?

Just something I was thinking about. That they should turn SOME of the old raids into 5 man dungeons for leveling. But the catch is that they aren't available through LFG. Instead they take just as long, the mobs and bosses of course do a lot less damage, but they supply double the xp than a normal dungeon. You would have to find people/friends on your own server to run them with. I just thought it was a cool idea and thought I'd share it and get some feedback.

Or they could start making actual "new" dungeons instead of reusing 95% of it.

Deleted
    Personally i feel like we've seen enough returns of old dungeons/bosses

I would happily accept a reused raid/dungeon if it meant that they would give us 5 man heroics in the next expac.
    As it stands I am under the impression we aren't getting them in the future (correct me if I am wrong please). And as such I wouldn't have a problem if they did this just to save them some time.
    A few new dungeons and a couple re-used is better than no new dungeons and just scenarios >_>

No I don't mean make them dungeons for max level. I mean make them dungeons for leveling from 1-max level. Like kara would become a level 70-80 bracket dungeon. stuff like that. It's not really a rehash it's just using what is already there the way it is instead of just letting it sit there gathering dust. They really wouldn't have to do much. They would just go in cut the damage done by the mobs and change it from a raid to a 5 man dungeon. Loot tables and all that good stuff would stay the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anolith View Post
    I would happily accept a reused raid/dungeon if it meant that they would give us 5 man heroics in the next expac.
    As it stands I am under the impression we aren't getting them in the future (correct me if I am wrong please). And as such I wouldn't have a problem if they did this just to save them some time.
    A few new dungeons and a couple re-used is better than no new dungeons and just scenarios >_>
    Honestly I never really like heroics. You run them constantly from say level 85-90, then you turn around and run them again at a higher difficulty for better loot. It just has a Diablo feel to it lol. Run the same content for higher numbers. Instead I think they should release "baby raids" like mini raids to run and gear up in, and then you move on to the big stuff. I always thought heroics were just a REALLY lazy design. And no not like LFR. They would be standard heroic difficulty but just a lot larger than heroics we already have.

No, because blizzard already introduced the new technology to downscale characters; so i would really like to play the old raid dungeons on their original level and ilvl. (and hopefully also balanced to the new damage scale)

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    No, because blizzard already introduced the new technology to downscale characters; so i would really like to play the old raid dungeons on their original level and ilvl. (and hopefully also balanced to the new damage scale)
    What he said. Really looking forward to this feature.

Deleted
    Even with downscaling it will never be the same (new classes, new abilities, mastery)

i enjoyed zg/za in cata as dungeons so i think id like some of the old raids as dungeons. As long as blizz doesnt undertune them like the mop dungeons.

They already ruined Zul Aman and Zul Gurrub for 5mins of 5man action, I'd rather they didn't waste their own time and ours ruining any others.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Do not make them 5 mans. Allow the raids to either scale up to current level or allow players to scale down to match the level of the raid. Have it be done through LFR, Flex, or regular 25 man groups. Have the raids drop gear for transmogging and VP. If players scale down to the raid then you can allow any player to run/que up as long as they are greater than or equal to the raid's required level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Cataclysm: 2 out of 9 dungeons were old dungeons updated ( =/= 95%)
    MOP: 2 out of 8 dungeons were old dungeons updated with one of them being split into 2 ( =/= 95%)

I think you're over exagerrating dude

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. Leave them as they are because I like the challenge and feel of the setting, and changing the zone for better or worse would suck. Many of the ZG or ZA bosses got changed around or removed, and I'd hate to see them become 5-mans that get farmed for a whole major patch, and probably become annoying and tedious in the process.

I'm perfectly fine with every expansion having a couple revamped old dungeons. I'd love to see Karazhan redone as a pair of heroic 5-mans.

The downscaling of gear is enough - I'd rather that the development team didn't spend a lot of time revamping old content. Granted, I'm not sure that the downscaling will actually work inside of old raids. I'd still like the development team to focus on new content.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    ^
    Something like OP's idea was already done with ZG and ZA. Longest, most terrible heroics i've ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd much rather them still be soloable old content, I'm sure many others will agree with me when I say a lot of the people that love to solo old content will be pissed off if majority of them are turned into dungeons.

With character scaling coming soon, nope. I already plan to run these old raids with the guild for funsies and possibly even justice/valour points.