Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Constant speculation about the latest Blizz registered title

I can appreciate that people are excited about the new title finds, but honestly, 15-20 new threads a day on the front page seems a bit obsessive. Is it a new WoW expansion? It is a new RTS? Is it for Hearthstone? Maybe we can point everyone to one master topic and sticky it at the top of the page. Personally, I plan to wait til Blizzcon to find out what they have planned. Speculation is assumption, and you know what they say about assumption.

People are excited, kinda like a kid at Christmas. Why not just let people have fun with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Speculation is assumption, and you know what they say about assumption.
    It's fun to do?

Making a thread to complain about multiple speculation threads when there are already threads complaining about the multiple speculation threads seems kind of hypocritical doesn't it?

Never have understood the "I'll start a new thread to complain about the number of threads" concept myself. Cool movie tho.

Deleted
    So you make another thread about the very thing you don't want to see threads about oO

I agree with a sticky, and with heavy moderation for duplicate topics.
    But I also agree that creating this thread doesn't help with the complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Never have understood the "I'll start a new thread to complain about the number of threads" concept myself. Cool movie tho.
    Wasn't a complaint really. Just more of an acknowledgement. A complaint would have been something more like:

"Jesus F'ing Christ people! Give it a F'ing rest already. Who the F cares what the next expac is. Just STFU and be surprised for once instead of always making stupid F'ing guesses." That would be a complaint thread. Mine was more of a: I get people are excited, maybe we could contain it to one master stickied thread and then everyone can share in the same place

This thread was a great idea. I bet it goes far.

OT: Don't be a buzzkill. Have some fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    People are excited, kinda like a kid at Christmas. Why not just let people have fun with it?
    Yeah, but kids at Christmas doesn't last a week, and even if it did, you could blackmail them by telling them if they're not good and calm during said week, they'll get coal. People are excited sure, but do we need a new thread every two seconds, only to cover what has already been covered? No.

Everyone here gets coal...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1S13 View Post
    Making a thread to complain about multiple speculation threads when there are already threads complaining about the multiple speculation threads seems kind of hypocritical doesn't it?
    Well then, my apologies. Please link me to another thread discussing the over abundance of speculation threads and I will gladly ask a mod to lock this one and take my discussion elsewhere. Also, this was not a complaint thread. This was merely an observation. I mention my idea of a complaint thread in another post. Please feel free to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Well then, my apologies. Please link me to another thread discussing the over abundance of speculation threads and I will gladly ask a mod to lock this one and take my discussion elsewhere. Also, this was not a complaint thread. This was merely an observation. I mention my idea of a complaint thread in another post. Please feel free to read it.
    People are too busy enjoying the week before Blizzcon with absurd speculation threads, they don't have time to make new threads to tell everyone to stop having fun.

I bet you're fun at parties.

You think there are too many threads, so you make a thread to let us know?

This is the one time of year where "leaks" are actually going to be legit. The fun part is trying to figure it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    You think there are too many threads, so you make a thread to let us know?

This is the one time of year where "leaks" are actually going to be legit. The fun part is trying to figure it all out.
    Exactly, who cares how absurd they are, it's fun to discuss and speculate, especially with each day we get closer to the real announcements.

But there's always that one guy... Man, I hate that guy!

=P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    People are too busy enjoying the week before Blizzcon with absurd speculation threads, they don't have time to make new threads to tell everyone to stop having fun.

I bet you're fun at parties.
    I am a blast at parties I love a good party as much as the next person. I was just saying the Newspaper is LESS interesting if EVERY story inside it is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    People are getting ridiculous though. They've seen the threads and decide to create one with the exact same point. I usually enjoy the speculation before an expansion announcement but this time the community are acting like a group of "special people" on a day out. There's a million and 1 Photoshops going around all proclaiming to "be from my source at Blizzard". Know how easy it is to create a convincing fake? Exceptionally.

It wouldn't be so bad, but it's now as ridiculous as conspiracy theorists. Like, "Here's why timetravel can't happen" and their reasons are as ridiculous as the reasons people give for Area 51 having aliens.

Now, I'm not saying they're all complete fakes, and it doesn't bother me that there are. What bothers me is that we've got the same number of people coming outta the woodwork proclaiming to know something, as we did when scumbags came around begging for the EA Humble Bundle keys. What's really frustrating about it is that the points most of them make just don't add up and they're taking anything, even a single shred that doesn't even look suspicious, and making an entire article out of it.
    Pretty much this.

People are blowing this way, way out of proportion.

I get it. I'm excited too.

However, we don't even know if it's actually a WoW expansion. There's other games it could be for (Hearthstone, for example). People are building massive expectations with all this rampant speculation, and it's going to come crashing down for a lot of people sooner rather than later.

People are intentionally giving people what they want so their hopes will be raised to impossible expectations. And if people don't get exactly what they want, the same thing is going to happen as it did with games like Assassin's Creed 3 and Dragon Age 2: dig themselves into a hole because they have an image in their head of what the game is going to look like because of all these expectations and "leaks."

No good can come of this.

Yeah, I'm getting annoyed about all the speculation/leak threads too. A single master thread would be a lot better.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this good we are speculating & getting excited for Blizzcon, Blizzard planned it all along.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

"I called it", that is why people are speculating, so if by chance they are right they can buff out their chest and be proud of themselves.

I agree OP. While speculation is fun and good, it is kind of out of control atm. But in a couple days we'll have tons to discuss and the speculation will be over, so for me it's kinda "meh."

OP is a kill joy.