Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    $40 for 2 days doesn't seem too bad. But I definitely wouldn't buy a virtual ticket. If I could pay for individual panels then that might change my mind, even if it excluded me from in-game rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing is "too expensive" if enough people are buying it, however for me personally? HA, yes. I never understood the stream-at-home trend. I literally wouldn't watch it if it was free, let alone paying money for something like that.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I enjoy it, my wife and i go to a friends who has projector, we invite another friend or so who plays WoW, set my nipper up playing with her toys/friends cat, and we enjoy blzzcon together.

just like anything in this world, if you look at the price tag and have to question its value, then its likely not worth it, for me, it was a cheap weekend of fun for me and some gamer friends to get us hyped for WoD..

edit, it's also super high quality. i have a 165 mb connection and some twitch lol tournaments lag on me.. no lag at all at blizzcon

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't pay for it no matter what it cost because as others have said, all the information is disseminated soon enough anyway. Unless you want to be the first person to tweet about it or some other bullshit, there is nothing to be gained by learning anything from the stream a few hours before it spreads around the web.
    Last edited by Tydrane; 2014-10-03 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Deleted
    I think the stream is useless. You find all other informations about blizzcon short after on youtube and on sites like this.

There is no need to give blizzard money for that stream.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I think the stream is useless. You find all other informations about blizzcon short after on youtube and on sites like this.

Truth be told yes you are right.
    Some of us are collectors and want the swag( damn blizz and my need to have all those pets and mounts).
    Some of us get together either in person or for my guild on vent and watch it and talk about things that happens( nothing is as funny as the costume contest)

But, yes in all reality it isn't needed but some of us like it and isn't anymore if not cheaper than most pay per view things and I get some swag items out of it.
    Those pets alone cost hundreds of dollars if one tries to buy them on eBay.

Good thing about this...it's your opinion.
    I *think* it's priced just right. I *think* there is a need to give Blizzard money for this. I *think* that I will spend 2 days enjoying the fuck out of the stream, just like I do every year with a couple of friends and a lot of beer.
    All opinions.

/shrug

I'd rather hear all the information in detail straight from Blizzard devs than a summaries and screenshots of slides on fan sites.

If it's too expensive (i.e.: people aren't buying it), they will lower the price. That doesn't happen, ergo the price is not too expensive. If you don't think it's worth it, don't buy it. This is like 4th-grade level stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Some of us are collectors and want the swag( damn blizz and my need to have all those pets and mounts).
    This.
    Do I need the ingame-stuff? Of course not.
    Do I want it? Hell yes. And thus I buy the ticket. Every year.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I wouldn't say its to expensive. It's cheaper than some PPV events and you get 2 full days of coverage and if you play the games some in game goodies. That being said, you can find all the info online within a few hours even minutes after its been released. So if all you care about is that opening ceremony..yea waste of money, but if you like to watch the SC2 tourney live then yea that in itself is worth it IMO. SC2 Tourney so awesome to watch. If you don't want to shell anything out wait till Friday evening and hit up a fan site and all that info will be available for ya
    Also if you're all about it then hell yea make it a fucking party drink it up and watch that shit for 2 days lol
    Last edited by Joeygiggles; 2014-10-03 at 03:33 PM.
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    No I wouldn't say its to expensive. It's cheaper than some PPV events and you get 2 full days of coverage and if you play the games some in game goodies. That being said, you can find all the info online within a few hours even minutes after its been released. So if all you care about is that opening ceremony..yea waste of money, but if you like to watch the SC2 tourney live then yea that in itself is worth it IMO. SC2 Tourney so awesome to watch. If you don't want to shell anything out wait till Friday evening and hit up a fan site and all that info will be available for ya
    Also if you're all about it then hell yea make it a fucking party drink it up and watch that shit for 2 days lol
    the SC2, WoW, and Hearthstone tournaments will be free to watch for people who don't have a virtual ticket.

Deleted
    I think the 40 bucks is a fine price even though you're only interrested in about 3 hours worth of stream. If you compare the pricing to that of a ticket to go watch a 3D movie in the cinema, it's not that far off. In Denmark you pay about 20 bucks for a movie which averages of about 2 hours of entertainment, so 40 bucks for 3 hours is a difference of 25%, which in numerical values is equal of 10 bucks. But we should also take the contents of the goodie-bag you get for purchasing streaming access, which the value of the contents of course differs with opinion, but I would at least say the value exceeds 10 bucks. And of course, for those interrested, there's a lot more to the stream than 3 hours of entertainment.

TL;DR for those who don't fare well with words, or might have gotten bored/found my writing weird and confusing(am a bit drunk(danish stereotype much))
    I think the pricing of 40 dollars is totally fair, even though you're only interrested in WoW related stuff, when you consider the pricing of other forms of entertainment and compare what you get for your money

People really need to stop comparing this to PPV events and movies.

Compare it to things that are actually comparable :x Like E3, TGS, various other developer specific shows/events.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoskuldur View Post
    Hell yes... and it's something of a tragedy is that some people feed that beast with money and thereby encourage it.

The whole idea of a video game company getting customers to show up and pay for a giant promotional of their video games is crazy, to me. And then, people paying cash simply to view a stream of it is like... what planet am I on, this is embarrassing, kthx.
    The whole idea of sporting companies getting customers to show up and pay to watch sports matches is crazy to me. And then, people paying cash to simply view a stream of it is like.... what planet am I on, this is embarrassing, kthx.

Cwutididthur

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    I *think* it's priced just right. I *think* there is a need to give Blizzard money for this. I *think* that I will spend 2 days enjoying the fuck out of the stream, just like I do every year with a couple of friends and a lot of beer.
    All opinions.
    Well, i think the money could be spent better. For a new game, as example.

The funny thing is, that the blizzcon stream is a large commercial. Still people pay blizzard just for watching it.

I also wonder what news they got. No titan. A new wow expac? I dont think the blizzcon will bring up any worthy information.

And hey, for a pet, its just a little bit too expensive i believe.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-10-03 at 04:15 PM.

Well, i think the money could be spent better. For a new game, as example.
    But we also buy any game we want to play anyway. $40 is a trivial amount of money to a ton of people. I wanted the pet, so I bought the ticket. I may not even watch the streams at all.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a fair price for mog items, pets and whatnot as well as the stream itself. I'd pay it if there was something I was really interested in seeing or cool stuff I wanted. I'm so convinced that most of it is gonna be about Heroes that I'm passing this year. If there was WC4, WOW2 or an official trailer for the movie, I'd watch it. The last of those things is an outside possibility but I'm willing to gamble it won't be shown so no dice this year.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

40 bucks is nothing
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by BloodGutter View Post
    I'd rather hear all the information in detail straight from Blizzard devs than a summaries and screenshots of slides on fan sites.
    The past two years there have been times I had issues hearing the developers speak. Then got the cases of the stream stopping and skipping due to Blizzard poor quality of service. I also am more busy during the weekends which leads to more use of the past stream service and third party sites to pick up the details and events I missed.

Production and stream quality while has gotten better is still in a bad state. So many others can produce a far better quality broadcast and streaming quality than Blizzard does and even for less.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-10-03 at 09:20 PM.