Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Good, then I may consider getting it. 40 dollar for watching at a specific time is too much for me. For watching at a later time, it's still much, but better.

Deleted
    Considering that BlizzCon still runs at a net loss? Yes, it is.
    A net loss?

So if they didn't have a BlizzCon and didn't announce their products they'd end up making more money in the long run?

BlizzCons primary function is to act as a 2 day long advertisement.

People calling $40 dirt cheap for a live stream are delusional, what would be a reasonable price? $100, $200?

I'd say the $40 would be worth it if Blink 182 plays this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoFhiKaq9UQ

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    I like only Big Macs but no coke is Mc Donalds still for me? Or do i have to like ALL their Products to be the target demografic?
    Please take a step back and realize how woefully inadequate your metaphor is. To use McDonalds more appropriately, it would be like saying a Combo Meal isn't worth it to you b/c you only like the soda. Well no crap, the combo meal isn't for you then. If they only offered combo meals you would likely not eat there. I'm not even sure you know what point you're trying to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I seriously doubt everyone who bought a ticket/virtual ticket is 100% interested in all their franchises.
    That's not what I said. You specifically mentioned that it's ridiculous to pay $40 when you aren't interested in all their games. My response to you is that the price is clearly for someone who wants to watch everything. The price is for the whole value. It's not a $40 price for just WoW content. It's inane to even discuss it on those terms.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    Yes. Paying to stream the event is just bullshit imo. it should be free
    Yeah! They should stream the event they take heavy monetary losses to host for free! Screw those guys! They're just greedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    A net loss?

So if they didn't have a BlizzCon and didn't announce their products they'd end up making more money in the long run?

BlizzCons primary function is to act as a 2 day long advertisement.

People calling $40 dirt cheap for a live stream are delusional, what would be a reasonable price? $100, $200?
    There have been numerous links in this thread where this has been stated. Blizzcon is a net loss.

If you think it's too expensive and not worth your money, don't buy it, you'll see all of it later for free... If you do feel it's worth your money to see it 1st hand, then fork it over, if not then why cry about it?

It costs as much as it did last year? It means its exactly the right price. They would have lowered it if they wanted more people to get access.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Please take a step back and realize how woefully inadequate your metaphor is. To use McDonalds more appropriately, it would be like saying a Combo Meal isn't worth it to you b/c you only like the soda. Well no crap, the combo meal isn't for you then. If they only offered combo meals you would likely not eat there. I'm not even sure you know what point you're trying to make.
    Are there other Blizzcons/combo Meals to choose from? Blizzard is the sole creator of Starcraft/WoW and you wont get a BigMac/official Starcraft convention anywhere else then mcdonalds/Blizzcon.

To say that Blizzcon only caters to visitors who like all Blizzard Products is ridiculous pseudo logic.
    "If you are no Hearthstone Fan Blizzcon isn't for you too bad." Nonsense wouldn't you agree?

Blizzcon is for People who are interested in any,some or all Blizzard Games which get presented on said Event.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-11-05 at 10:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    I paid about 400$ for the Blizzcon goodies every year before the stream was introduced. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Renisis86 View Post
    WOW this is still going? People this is america.....vote with your wallets. If you think 40 is to much....guess what you don't NEED it. If 40 bucks seems like a good value then pay it. Blizzard is a company built on making a profit, not a non-profit. Simple as that. We don't need poor people complaining some form of non necessity entertainment is to expensive for them to enjoy.
    THEY DONT PROFIT FROM BLIZZCON! God people, if you're going to keep this thread going at least get your damn facts straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    Good, then I may consider getting it. 40 dollar for watching at a specific time is too much for me. For watching at a later time, it's still much, but better.
    Yes, according to the FAQ:
    "On-Demand Replays - Miss an epic revelation during a World of Warcraft developer discussion? Does one of your can’t-miss Diablo panels conflict with a must-see StarCraft II match? No problem—with the Virtual Ticket, every channel will be available to view on demand, so you can check out any action you missed."
    http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/vir...icket/#replays

and if I recall correctly, it is for up to two weeks after the event ends.

Considering what it costs to attend the event in person I'm totally fine with paying $40 to watch it online.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    THEY DONT PROFIT FROM BLIZZCON! God people, if you're going to keep this thread going at least get your damn facts straight.
    To don't or barely break even on Tickets doesn't mean the event isn't profitable as a whole for the company.

hmm let wow be F2P ! ohhh

to be honest? its not so expensive, everyone can get this amount of money, especialy if you know that blizzcon will happen in few months.
    Just tell me how much you (gous who are talking its expensive) throw out money... in alcohol, cigarrets, different stuff that u DON'T need!

Everyone is just used to getting streams and video content for free.

This is a pay per view special really.

Quote Originally Posted by uiemad View Post
    See this is weird to me. I went to Blizzcon 2 years in a row and even when I was there I didn't go to any panels or anything. All I ever really did was go tot he meetups and play the games that weren't out yet. Why go to a panel when I can get all the same information much quicker by reading a shortened transcription?
    Because everyones different? And enjoys different things? It's ok to like something and think its worth the money, just like it's ok to not like something and not think its worth money and all the inbetweens

I li8ve in Scotland, I won't get the chance to go to Blizzcon in person, the VT is the next best thing, we get to see everything as its happening, watch all the panels because we enjoy them, and relax at home doing so. win win.

No, it is not too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Idk most people are surprised by this... Blizzcon was never free. There was always a price for the stream, it just wasn't ever 40 bucks. I'm not surprised though. WoW has been on the decline for a while, the company isn't just blizzard, it's activision blizzard so of course activision has been influencing a couple decisions on pricing.
    Wrong. It first started a few cons back (2008) with DirecTV @39.99 - no Internet stream. Then the next con had DTV and added the stream - both @39.99. The price has never changed except DTVs price went up this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

The same article that talks about them losing money also states that they sold 20,000 tickets for $120 each. That is $2.4 million right there. The article also states that they sold hundreds of thousands worth of merchandise. There is no reason they have to be losing money on Blizzcon. Maybe they shouldn't waste money bringing in ozzy osbourne or blink 182.