[Speculation Thread] To Argus!

"When Sargeras and the Burning Legion came to the world of Argus and began corrupting the eredar race, Velen, an eredar leader, prayed for help. The naaru appeared, offering to take Velen and any other like-minded eredar to safety. Velen and his faction accepted and began to call themselves draenei ("Exiled Ones"). The draenei hastily escaped Argus aboard the Dimensional Ship provided for them by the naaru."

"The naaru explained that there were other forces in the cosmos that would stand against the Burning Legion. One day the naaru would forge them into a single unstoppable army of the Light."

The time has come for the Army of the Light to take the battle to the enemy. The Exodar has been repaired, and the relationship between the Horde and Alliance has reached a state of tentative trust following the ouster of the dictator Garrosh. Both Velen and Wrathion have seen visions of the horrors of the Burning Legion. Of the two, Wrathion in particular supports a preemptive strike. He didn't get his ultimate wish of having a single unified faction, but an uneasy peace is close.

What better way to take the fight to the Legion than with a dimensional ship of light granted by the Naaru, mortal enemies of the Burning Legion? Who better to lead the strike on Argus than Velen and his people, who fled their home world to preserve the greater good? And who better to strike at Kil'jaeden than Velen, who loved the fallen Eredar as a brother?

We are the Warlords of Draenor, forged from the destruction that the Burning Legion wrought on that shattered world. All of our lives have been irrevocably altered by the doings of Sargeras and his minions. We will have our revenge.

To Argus!

(Here's what I'm really hoping the expansion will be - a full on battle on Argus. I think the name is Warlords of Draenor, but I think all of the information about time travel is just a red herring. What do you think?)
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

Quote Originally Posted by NiceJazzhands View Post
    "When Sargeras and the Burning Legion came to the world of Argus and began corrupting the eredar race, Velen, an eredar leader, prayed for help. The naaru appeared, offering to take Velen and any other like-minded eredar to safety. Velen and his faction accepted and began to call themselves draenei ("Exiled Ones"). The draenei hastily escaped Argus aboard the Dimensional Ship provided for them by the naaru."

"The naaru explained that there were other forces in the cosmos that would stand against the Burning Legion. One day the naaru would forge them into a single unstoppable army of the Light."

The time has come for the Army of the Light to take the battle to the enemy. The Exodar has been repaired, and the relationship between the Horde and Alliance has reached a state of tentative trust following the ouster of the dictator Garrosh. Both Velen and Wrathion have seen visions of the horrors of the Burning Legion. Of the two, Wrathion in particular supports a preemptive strike. He didn't get his ultimate wish of having a single unified faction, but an uneasy peace is close.

What better way to take the fight to the Legion than with a dimensional ship of light granted by the Naaru, mortal enemies of the Burning Legion? Who better to lead the strike on Argus than Velen and his people, who fled their home world to preserve the greater good? And who better to strike at Kil'jaeden than Velen, who loved the fallen Eredar as a brother?

We are the Warlords of Draenor, forged from the destruction that the Burning Legion wrought on that shattered world. All of our lives have been irrevocably altered by the doings of Sargeras and his minions. We will have our revenge.

To Argus!

(Here's what I'm really hoping the expansion will be - a full on battle on Argus. I think the name is Warlords of Draenor, but I think all of the information about time travel is just a red herring. What do you think?)
    I'm not even going to entertain the possibility of such an awesome idea, because I'll probably just be setting myself up for disappointment. I'm instead going to be pessimistic and assume that it's WRATH OF THE ORCSLOL so that when it turns out to not be THAT bad I'll at least be able to crack a smile.

Deleted
    As a Brit I really can't take Argus serious? Why? One word Argos

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    As a Brit your linguistic skill should lead you to the same conclusion as me:

Argus is derived from the latin word for silver, Argentum, because of the highly reflective qualities of polished silver and the fact that Argus was once a bastion of light.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really love going to Argus and seeing Velen as an important character in-game, since he's been in the Exodar chilling during 3 expansions. It would be even more awesome if he turned into a big Eredar, like Kil'Jaeden but filled with light. And they would have the most epic battle against each other? But then again. A time-line /travel expansion seems very cool aswell. I just don't want to see Garrosh again ._.

10+ Year Old Account

As a American Blizzard Fanboy I find your logic....silly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Have wanted all of what you just said since the end Wrath, badly. Hope its mainly on Argos,, Turalyon and Alleria are captured or turn demonic and we save them

And a whole bunch of the Pantheon peppered in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post

Argus is derived from the latin word for silver, Argentum, because of the highly reflective qualities of polished silver and the fact that Argus was once a bastion of light.
    Argos was also a Greek island, point?

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    Have wanted all of what you just said since the end Wrath, badly. Hope its mainly on Argos,, Turalyon and Alleria are captured or turn demonic and we save them

And a whole bunch of the Pantheon peppered in.
    Definitely hoping to see Turalyon and Alleria. If they're helping us, the would definitely be considered Warlords of Draenor.
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

Argos was also a Greek island, point?
    And lambda is a Greek letter.... But that's not worth the infraction. I guess I didn't have a point. I always figured argus had to do with silveryness and light, but your point lends credence to the whole "Dranei are Greek" connection.

Mind = blown.

Deleted
    And lambda is a Greek letter.... But that's not worth the infraction. I guess I didn't have a point. I always figured argus had to do with silveryness and light, but your point lends credence to the whole "Dranei are Greek" connection.

Mind = blown.
    It's rather simple dear, Argus makes me think Argos. Much like Cesspool makes me think Blackpool

Deleted

As a Brit I'm not convinced on this. While there is an argument because the antonym looks similar, I don't think it's a derivative of Argentum, I suspect it may simply be intended as a noun, possibly paying homage to Argus Panoptes, the 100 eyed giant of greek legend.

Of course it could just be based on the original ancient Greek city of Argos (from whence the dreadful UK supermarket is named for some obscure reason) which would be equally interesting as it was the birthplace of the legendary demi-god Perseus. (Half immortal by his father's side, Zeus).

Anyway, enough of a trip down classics lane, fun as it is, and back to the topic.

I would absolutely love for this to be the case, but I doubt that it could be because of the use of the word Draenor which by very definition would indicate that we have moved on from Argus.

What's interesting to me is that people's speculation appears to indicate that this is going to be the first real departure of the name as an offensive action against the player, by this I mean:

Burning Crusade - We fought the burning crusade
    Wrath of the Lich King - We fought the Lich King
    Cataclsym - We survived the cataclysm and fought its cause.
    Mists of Panderia - We discovered it and fought evil in all its forms there (despite technically bringing evil with us but hey ho).

If we follow this theme then surely we must be fighting against these warlords not with them (unless Blizzard are pulling a fast one and going against their own convention - possible).

It's my belief that the Warlords are members of the burning legion in some way who survived the 'setbacks' (heh) and are now preparing for a major assault on Azeroth, not sure how that is processed but I suspect that we'll see some rehashing of Outland and new bits of it opening up as 'newly rediscovered' elements of Draenor - Deathwing's lair being prime suspect for a raid attached to this, wonder who has moved in there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Talort View Post
    I would absolutely love for this to be the case, but I doubt that it could be because of the use of the word Draenor which by very definition would indicate that we have moved on from Argus.

What's interesting to me is that people's speculation appears to indicate that this is going to be the first real departure of the name as an offensive action against the player, by this I mean:

Burning Crusade - We fought the burning crusade
    Wrath of the Lich King - We fought the Lich King
    Cataclsym - We survived the cataclysm and fought its cause.
    Mists of Panderia - We discovered it and fought evil in all its forms there (despite technically bringing evil with us but hey ho).

If we follow this theme then surely we must be fighting against these warlords not with them (unless Blizzard are pulling a fast one and going against their own convention - possible).

It's my belief that the Warlords are members of the burning legion in some way who survived the 'setbacks' (heh) and are now preparing for a major assault on Azeroth, not sure how that is processed but I suspect that we'll see some rehashing of Outland and new bits of it opening up as 'newly rediscovered' elements of Draenor - Deathwing's lair being prime suspect for a raid attached to this, wonder who has moved in there now.
    To the first part of your post: If "we" means the player base, I think a lot of people are interested in going to Argus to do some damage. If "we" is in the sense of our in game characters, you're right in that there has not been much in game that has been pointing us in that direction other than the presence of the Burning Legion.

I like your theory! I honestly have not seen many people say that we will be attacked on Azeroth by some forces from Draenor. Do you think there would be new content/zones on Draenor as well as Azeroth?

I'd be happy with that.

I find the notion of space travel in a high fantasy game with Elves and Orcs to be silly, really. Not that it's a bad idea, but silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I find the notion of space travel in a high fantasy game with Elves and Orcs to be silly, really. Not that it's a bad idea, but silly.
    I understand where you're coming from, but all of the space travel type stuff is part of the established lore. Going to Argus on the Exodar hasn't taken place, but it's certainly plausible given that the Draenei left Argus on the Exodar in the first place.

I know it's just your opinion. Just trying to keep the discussion going!