10+ Year Old Account

Timewalking... can it go both ways?

So we already know that there seems to be an implementation of scaling down your item level (this scaling affects all of your gear) if you were to do dungeons below the level your at, but could it be possible that if you already have gear, say maybe Shadowmourne, Thunderfury, or the Warglaives, could it be possible that gear could scale up with you as you level (for example you have Shadowmourne you equip it as level 90 and its scaled to your level with the appropriate stats)? They already have the technology for heirlooms and they already use this kind of system for testing raid content on the PTR (for example, say if you zoned into Throne of Thunder during that PTR stage for normal testing, your item level is either scaled to 522 or scaled down depending on the case). So what do you think? Could this be absolutely possible?

P.S. -- Regarding legendary weapons and their procs. In their prime the weapons were absolutely dominant when used in PvP. Yet with the addition of Mists of Pandaria, the reduced the proc chance for the legendary meta gems against players and they made the legendary cloaks absolutely useless in PvP. Clearly it is shown here that Blizzard is able to disable such procs from those legendaries, especially if they are scaled up to level cap, thus making them absolutely necessary for PvE and PvE only.

So thoughts on this?

no, that would be timerunning lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure people who have a legendary or two would love to be able to use them. The only concern I can think of is that Blizzard would see it as "Never needing a new weapon." I believe, in one of those interviews Ghostcrawler did a few months ago, someone asked him a similar question and that was something along the lines of his response.
    Lightninghoof - US : @WoWNivan

ok, time to be constructive: blizzard has said before that they don't want to let legendaries scale up because they want you to keep having to get new weapons over time.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Could it be possible? Sure. Would they ever implement such a thing? No.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoolguyry View Post
    So we already know that there seems to be an implementation of scaling down your item level (this scaling affects all of your gear) if you were to do dungeons below the level your at, but could it be possible that if you already have gear, say maybe Shadowmourne, Thunderfury, or the Warglaives, could it be possible that gear could scale up with you as you level (for example you have Shadowmourne you equip it as level 90 and its scaled to your level with the appropriate stats)? They already have the technology for heirlooms and they already use this kind of system for testing raid content on the PTR (for example, say if you zoned into Throne of Thunder during that PTR stage for normal testing, your item level is either scaled to 522 or scaled down depending on the case). So what do you think? Could this be absolutely possible?

P.S. -- Regarding legendary weapons and their procs. In their prime the weapons were absolutely dominant when used in PvP. Yet with the addition of Mists of Pandaria, the reduced the proc chance for the legendary meta gems against players and they made the legendary cloaks absolutely useless in PvP. Clearly it is shown here that Blizzard is able to disable such procs from those legendaries, especially if they are scaled up to level cap, thus making them absolutely necessary for PvE and PvE only.

So thoughts on this?
    As far as legendaries go, I don't think Blizzard wants to see a people running around using them while leveling. They don't want them to be so ubiquitous, so that's why we can't transmog them. (Yes, I know everyone got legendary capes. I'm talking about the weapons)

Scaling gear is a nice feature, but I think it's more exciting to get a new weapon rather than having your existing piece passively become better.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

Deleted
    I'm not sure that they would scale very well due to different itemisation and procs etc