Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why Do People Keep Saying WoD "Has" To Be Hearthstone?

I don't get it. Apparently this line:

"Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile or cellurar phones, laptops, handheld computers and tablet PCs"

Means it's for Hearthsone.

But isn't there a WoW Mobile App? Where you can like talk to guildies and w/e. Wouldn't that be a piece of "downloadable electronic game software for use on a portable device?"

I know this is a very simple question, I just can't seem to place a place to put in with the 20857871061085 speculation posts/threads.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    Because people will find every single excuse to rage at Blizzard instead of playing the fucking game!

Denial, all TDB people coming out to deny whats going to happen

Because "denial mode".

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Denial, all TDB people coming out to deny whats going to happen
    After an expansion involving a race that was almost entirely created for an April Fools Joke, i think we should all realize that when it comes to World of Warcraft, anything is possible. Heck, even Corgi's Unleashed could be a WoW thing......

Younger players, not as familiar with blizzard's bad story telling. So they think TDB is real because of the good storyline some guy came up with on one of the fake leaks, versus the terribad ideas on the WoD "leaks" which are actually more blizz-like than TDB.

Because it's easy to delude yourself when you don't want an alternative to be true

10+ Year Old Account
    Pet battles via app incoming

Well, why does it "have" to be for WoW?

The same question can be reflected.

At this point, we have no idea what it's for. It could be a WoW expansion. It could be for Hearthstone. Hell, it could be something else entirely.

Point is, all this wild speculation isn't good.

Why does it have to be a WoW expansion?

Everyone is assuming a lot of different things. It could be a WoW expansion, it could be something to do with Hearthstone, it could be the next series in the TCG (Heathstone would presumably get more people into the TCG) or it could be Warcraft 4. Blizzard has said nothing, so nobody, other than them, knows what it actually is. I think it could be an interesting expansion if it were to become one, I also think it's fitting that the name "Warlords of Draenor" was trademarked a year out for the 20th.

Who knows, could be anything. For all we know, it could be a new line of action figures....

Because those people WANT it to be Hearthstone content.

Deleted
    Well the trademark also says computer disks right? And as far as i know hearthstone is only for download. So therefor people are wrong
    I gues they just want to argue or something. Anyway only a few days ontill Blizzcon so we will find out soon (tm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Well, why does it "have" to be for WoW?

The same question can be reflected.

At this point, we have no idea what it's for. It could be a WoW expansion. It could be for Hearthstone. Hell, it could be something else entirely.

Point is, all this wild speculation isn't good.
    I wouldn't say it's not good. Getting people talking is the point of the forums and I personally find it rather interesting to see some of the stuff that people come up with. There has been times when the fan written stuff is more interesting sounding then the stuff Blizz puts out.

I find it cool to see how people take certain information and then come up with their ideas.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

what if its a game mode for Heroes of the Storm (formerly blizzard all-stars)?

Quote Originally Posted by THoyt View Post
    Why does it have to be a WoW expansion?

Everyone is assuming a lot of different things. It could be a WoW expansion, it could be something to do with Hearthstone, it could be the next series in the TCG (Heathstone would presumably get more people into the TCG) or it could be Warcraft 4. Blizzard has said nothing, so nobody, other than them, knows what it actually is. I think it could be an interesting expansion if it were to become one, I also think it's fitting that the name "Warlords of Draenor" was trademarked a year out for the 20th.

Who knows, could be anything. For all we know, it could be a new line of action figures....
    Except blizzard said they are discontinuing the TCG.

edit: because I know someone will come along and say "source please":

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10734217
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-11-05 at 04:41 PM.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    I thought it was Hearthstone because the name sounds similar to "Heroes of Warcraft" and "Heroes of Azeroth". When I realized it doesn't say anything about cards in the trademark and that the HotS trademark is exactly the same as WoD (by the way it's really funny that the abbreviation of that would be "wow, wat?") I started to think it's either related to HotS or a similar game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Just putting this out there first; I fully believe WoD is the next expansion for WoW.

BUT. The reason people believe that is because the Mobile App existed before MoP was an expansion, yet when MoP was trademarked, there was no line that included mobile devices. That is a new line that has not been in the previous trademarks.

HOWEVER, handheld computers and laptops fall into that category. So it's kind of a moot point.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ts-of-Pandaria

Wireless devices
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    Because those people WANT it to be Hearthstone content.
    Hearthstone is still in BETA. Why all the Xpac talks for a game the General Public can't even play?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    I don't get it. Apparently this line:

"Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile or cellurar phones, laptops, handheld computers and tablet PCs"

Means it's for Hearthsone.

But isn't there a WoW Mobile App? Where you can like talk to guildies and w/e. Wouldn't that be a piece of "downloadable electronic game software for use on a portable device?"

I know this is a very simple question, I just can't seem to place a place to put in with the 20857871061085 speculation posts/threads.
    Indeed.

Also note that the trademark mentions physical disks. If handheld means Hearthstone, disk means Expansion V.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Hearthstone is still in BETA. Why all the Xpac talks for a game the General Public can't even play?
    Because they fear that WoD will indeed be the time travel leaks people keep pulling out of their asses.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

i dont believe its the next expansion because of that line, but i will probably be wrong and i admit its likely to be the next expansion
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552